1 day trip down to the state for the first time | GTAMotorcycle.com

1 day trip down to the state for the first time

vince492

I'm looking into going to the state this Friday for a one day trip. It's the first time ever that I'm going in that country. I'll land on HGW 81 and then...I don't know where to go. I think maybe doing the road that go around Ontario Lake or going South-East of Fort Drum. Anyone can tell me a good road or tips for that region? I'll be doing a 600km or 8hours max road trip from Belleville.

Thank you

8hrs there and back?

Go to Lake Placid/Adirondacks...and cross the border to Point Vincent from Wolfe Island at Kingston, it is so much quicker than the Thousand Islands bridge...just check the schedules for the Kingston/Wolf Island ferry, the Wolf island ferry to Cape Vincent more or less goes on demand. Kingston-Wolfe island is free....the one to Cape Vincent costs 9 bucks I think. Customs takes less then 5 mins. You end up in a nice part of NY State from where you can start the haul to Lake Placid. Just watch out for the State Troopers.

8hrs there and back?

Go to Lake Placid/Adirondacks...and cross the border to Point Vincent from Wolfe Island at Kingston, it is so much quicker than the Thousand Islands bridge...just check the schedules for the Kingston/Wolf Island ferry, the Wolf island ferry to Cape Vincent more or less goes on demand. Kingston-Wolfe island is free....the one to Cape Vincent costs 9 bucks I think. Customs takes less then 5 mins. You end up in a nice part of NY State from where you can start the haul to Lake Placid. Just watch out for the State Troopers.

What's there to see in Lake Placid area?

Last edited:
I will definitly go there this Friday, I didn't know we have that not far from Kingston :eek:
Thank for the help!

EDIT: Why do people think it's unsafe to go alone to the state? I got like 3 people telling me not to go there because it's dangerous...lol

As long as you don't end up in downtown Phillie, you'll be fine :)

btw, make sure you tell the border guy a definitive destination, and have a firm route in your head, they generally don't like hearing "I'm just going for a ride", or so I've heard ;)

Just came back from a 4 day trip down there. Super nice roads. I can give you GPS maps I used if you want them.

EDIT: Why do people think it's unsafe to go alone to the state? I got like 3 people telling me not to go there because it's dangerous...lol

Which state? The USA in general? I don't think it's unsafe. Ask the people who are saying that. I bet they watch too much American TV... :)

I will definitly go there this Friday, I didn't know we have that not far from Kingston :eek:
Thank for the help!

Be careful on the mean streets of Lake Placid. There are some areas that just aren't safe after dark.

I plan to leave here by 7h00 tomorrow morning and coming back in canada by 17h00.
Thank for all the tips!

EDIT: It's going to have 20-30 mm of rain tomorrow, so I think I'll postpone my trip and go somewhere else...stupid rain =/
Anyone from Kingston area interested to go up there this month?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom