04 gsxr 1000 acceleration issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

04 gsxr 1000 acceleration issue

kneedraggin101

Friend has an 04 gsxr 1000, minor mods, power commander, full exhaust, pair mod, pc3 usb, manual cct etc....

he is having issues with it accelerating past 7-8k rpm, says there is a studder and it falls flat and not wanting to pull through...also the more throttle you give, the harder and more noticeable the shudder is

says that happens sometimes, but mostly happens at about 10k, you have to let off, in order to power back through it...

The plugs were all fine, but changed those anyway, the fuel pump filter was all filled with contaminants from the tank, so took it apart, cleaned it, replaced the screen etc... running methyl hydrate through it atm to clean out any **** or junk in the injectors.

Any thoughts or suggestions that I may have missed??

going to dis connect the pc3 and try it that way in a few min, but any other ideas would be great

Thanks

I had a very similar problem with my busa, it was the fuel filter screen being packed. Is it still doing it after cleaning it out?

Friend has an 04 gsxr 1000, minor mods, power commander, full exhaust, pair mod, pc3 usb, manual cct etc....

he is having issues with it accelerating past 7-8k rpm, says there is a studder and it falls flat and not wanting to pull through...also the more throttle you give, the harder and more noticeable the shudder is

says that happens sometimes, but mostly happens at about 10k, you have to let off, in order to power back through it...

The plugs were all fine, but changed those anyway, the fuel pump filter was all filled with contaminants from the tank, so took it apart, cleaned it, replaced the screen etc... running methyl hydrate through it atm to clean out any **** or junk in the injectors.

Any thoughts or suggestions that I may have missed??

going to dis connect the pc3 and try it that way in a few min, but any other ideas would be great

Thanks

do a flow test on the fuel pump. they break easily if your tank is dirty!

Is the vent for your tank clogged? It could be your tank is not able to suck in air as the fuel is being removed.

Back
Top Bottom