Recent content by Shaman

  1. Shaman

    900,000 students coming in…

    Just remember, all the Liberal supporters have been assuring us that there has been no further influx of migrants.
  2. Shaman

    The year of music for me (so far)

    Added this to the practice room and rehearsal area. Will probably take it to gigs. I MAY upload a rehearsal song at some point. I'm no Youtube producer. :)
  3. Shaman

    Sober October

    All whisky and bourbon ARE beer. FYI. They all start that way.
  4. Shaman

    Sober October

    Bourbon's like cheap whisky someone poured sugar into... bleah :D
  5. Shaman

    Sober October

    I have my wife signed up for no alcohol in October (at least). Anyone care to join us? Sign on, and relate your success (or lack thereof).
  6. Shaman

    So it's that time again....winter pasttimes?

    A whole lot of music playing and practice. And I'm probably going to pick this mini bass up for television practice. I have an acoustic but I've never been really happy with the way it worked as practice in that environ. And it's just (rare and) cool! It comes with both input (to input...
  7. Shaman

    Chilli recipes

    100% I bought some on the hotter end of the spectrum and it did the opposite of make anything better. Since that experience I buy either a blend or get actual peppers and render them down to powder or near-powder. That being said, I have learned that the secret to "hot" tasting but delicious...
  8. Shaman

    Chilli recipes

    Well. I have a killer recipe, but it's not for the faint of heart. I hate to say it but I'll have to get back to you, I need a computer to go back online to get my recipe. All I can tell you is that they refused to rate it at a chili contest because it was SO powerful (hot but that wasn't the...
  9. Shaman

    Let's Laugh at my Expense!

    It must, it has a larger tank and a less high-revving / cammed version of the LC8 than my Super Duke.
  10. Shaman

    Let's Laugh at my Expense!

    The power was off in Wilno on Sunday. I was a bit concerned. :) Luckily the grill and fryer at the Inn run on propane. It turns out that Barry's Bay still had power, thankfully. So I still don't know the range of the KTM but coming home I got 235km indicated out of it and still had about 1/3...
  11. Shaman

    The year of music for me (so far)

    Looks like we have a guitar player that really wants to come onboard with us. And he sings. My year of music isn't slowing down. I just picked up this TOTAL unicorn in Toronto. The owner thinks it might be the only one in Ontario. A FRFR (full range, flat response) cab from...
  12. Shaman

    The year of music for me (so far)

    Jim filling in worked out great. This was the stage @ Bath music festival in Finkle Park. We brought a saxophone player in Laura Richards. She did a great job of filling in and soloing 'Born To Run'. I've owned the Dingwall for less than two weeks and did 3 gigs with it. Somehow it's got...
  13. Shaman

    The year of music for me (so far)

    On reflection, I have done such a huge amount of music and done so much playing out this year - and I plan to do more as I work on retirement, in two groups and working with a recording artist. It's been awesome. I know it's not winter yet but today's gig (and tomorrow's gig!) just hit home...
  14. Shaman

    How`s your house pricing doing?..

    Seeing as how Carney has just put Evan Siddall - you know, the guy who said that people shouldn't be able to own homes and that the equity wealth of homes should be taxed to "improve" intergenerational inequality, that guy - into the position as director of "Build Canada Homes<tm>", it's very...
  15. Shaman

    The new lawn tractors are junk.

    I have a zero-turn Toro that has held up really well for 8 seasons. Was in the ballpark of $5K in 2019.
Back
Top Bottom