Your best moment riding 2015 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your best moment riding 2015

Best moments of the year? Every track day I won. I just love seeing that chequered flag waved, sometimes I even take a victory lap or two!

Serious question from someone who still needs to attend a track day in ON: you can win?

Serious question from someone who still needs to attend a track day in ON: you can win?

This kid rammed into the back of a R6 on a Racer5 rental 250 trying to pass everyone in yellow at DDT during the first morning session. From what I heard, the damage was pretty bad to the 250. The R6 lost chunks of its tail and the owner was furious. I saw him again at Shannville a couple weeks later and he told me the kid never paid him back (offered to).

I'll give it to the kid though, he can ride extremely well. He was passing many 600s and a few 1000s in the yellow group the day before.

Last edited:
"winning a track day" proves its possible to be a winner and a loser at the same time...

Last edited:
Pretty sure we was joking about winning a TD. I sure hope he was

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Even if you could win a track day, Jaime would still be last ;)

Grid'ing up for the first time and having no idea wtf I'm doing. Good times.

Nope, you can't. And if you try they make you sit out a session, or worse.

油井緋色;2362034 said:
This kid rammed into the back of a R6 on a Racer5 rental 250 trying to pass everyone in yellow at DDT during the first morning session. From what I heard, the damage was pretty bad to the 250. The R6 lost chunks of its tail and the owner was furious. I saw him again at Shannville a couple weeks later and he told me the kid never paid him back (offered to).

I'll give it to the kid though, he can ride extremely well. He was passing many 600s and a few 1000s in the yellow group the day before.
Just so everyone is clear he's not talking about me ;)

油井緋色;2361690 said:
I've taken wing tsun from 6 - 18 and have sparred with guys who've taken other martial arts a few times; I don't need to throw punches, I use an aggressor's energy against them and put them on the floor =P Though I admit wing tsun sparring looks like two girls slapping each other.

Honestly, I don't know what was going on in my head as I was trying not to think much during every ride. The analysis generally happened after any ride that had a bad incident. I've crashed before and just brushed it off. Some of the other guys who've crashed hard and broke something or crashed without knowing why they crashed told me my reaction was normal. Maybe you're just mentally better equipped to deal with harsh physical injuries than I am.

Did you just compare Win Chun to Muay Thai?

Really?

I'm sorry but do you see any Win Chun in UFC? You should jump to Tai Chi next. I heard "Chi" can make you invincible.

Did you just compare Win Chun to Muay Thai?

Really?

I'm sorry but do you see any Win Chun in UFC? You should jump to Tai Chi next. I heard "Chi" can make you invincible.
Yea I did.

There is a cultural difference between the East and West. I'm not sure what would happen if a wing tsun sifu sparred with a muay tai master because it doesn't happen; no one takes any branch of kung fu to learn how to fight and appeal to the media.

Tai Chi isn't too bad either btw. There's more than one branch, the only branch you know is the one old ppl practice.

Now get off my lawn and stop being ignorant and borderline racist.

The group ride to muskoka with a couple guys on the forum was the best moment for me. First time I've ever done a group ride and at the same time it was the first time I've ever led a group ride too. Though that sounds like a recipe for disaster it wasn't that bad. Great guys to hang out with, great roads, nice sights and an excellent lunch on the patio of a small down diner.

油井緋色;2362191 said:
Yea I did.

There is a cultural difference between the East and West. I'm not sure what would happen if a wing tsun sifu sparred with a muay tai master because it doesn't happen; no one takes any branch of kung fu to learn how to fight and appeal to the media.

Tai Chi isn't too bad either btw. There's more than one branch, the only branch you know is the one old ppl practice.

Now get off my lawn and stop being ignorant and borderline racist.

Racist? LOL what?

Where do race come into this? If anything i'm laughing at morons for using street to overcome their "fear" and go "balls out", then have enough nerve to post it in a thread about "best riding moment". How long did it take you to overcome "pine cone"?

I think i should start doing some "ramping" next week.

The group ride to muskoka with a couple guys on the forum was the best moment for me. First time I've ever done a group ride and at the same time it was the first time I've ever led a group ride too. Though that sounds like a recipe for disaster it wasn't that bad. Great guys to hang out with, great roads, nice sights and an excellent lunch on the patio of a small down diner.
Wish I could've stuck with you guys that day. ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Wish I could've stuck with you guys that day. 

This is a best moments thread not I wish I could have stuck around for another guys best moment thread. Please.

This is a best moments thread not I wish I could have stuck around for another guys best moment thread. Please.
I think I'm gonna take back my best moment post.

Bought a brand new FZ-09 this year. Did the Factory break in (painfully ) and when that was done I got her on a side road with no traffic or driveways. Said to myself "let's see what the hype is about" cracked it in A mode and put the bike into a bit of an unexpected stand up wheelie. I knew it would power wheelie but damn. Pulled over sat on the curb and laughed so hard I couldn't breath for a few minutes.

It truly was love for the first time all over again.

My second year with my 900 and I was having a crazy work day on the job site. I ended up getting home, grabbing my gear and going out for the night. Single handedly the best ride I had all season. It wasn't the longest ride but it was the one that relaxed me the most. Reminding me why I love being out there as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom