Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! | Page 78 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

I'm a little surprised someone that's been at it for a while, doesn't know. Done on a sled.

Just googled it, I dunno what a sled has to do with it but it looks like you keep the BB behind you and kind of deadlift it up.

Never heard of that one, never seen it done. I thought the Zercher squat was the most obscure one, I guess not :D

Just googled it, I dunno what a sled has to do with it but it looks like you keep the BB behind you and kind of deadlift it up.

Never heard of that one, never seen it done. I thought the Zercher squat was the most obscure one, I guess not :D

Re-google it. You'll see a bunch of examples of being done on a sled.

I dont train for size. and i dont isolate my calves either cause as the quads/hams/glutes grow, so do the calves.

One can chirp and say that bodybuilding > calisthenics. Sure. Lifting weights got boring for me and calisthenics was a challenge. i used to think it wasnt possible for me to do muscle ups. then one day i got it. makes working out more fun. my endurance is also Way better than a body builders. I lift weights, sometimes, usually in the winter, but upper body i focus on dips, push ups, pulls, chins, 1 arm negatives, muscle ups with and w/o the vest.

im okay with 2 plates each side for squat. I train for high volume . I'm not about increasing loads. It slows me down when I run how many 6'2 guys can do a pistol squat. not many. u want video for prooF ? how about muscle ups too

and I dont train cross fit, or any of the shitcross movements. im about Functional fitness. I'd like to see all the civvy body builders and calisthenics guys get through a survival of the fittest scenario. i think id be ok. Muscle catabolism? doesnt bother me

squat, dead, leg press, hack squat, pistol, burpees,jump squats, stairs for legs and running/jogging/walking in vest. for me, legs are the hardest part on the body to grow. lot's of sweat has dripped off my forehead through leg day.

Half the week I under eat. Some days I don't get my calories or fats/protein. im back on proper food. those pics are 6-7 months old. my calves have grown naturally since.

Last edited:
Re-google it. You'll see a bunch of examples of being done on a sled.

What sled?

Ckt1Hbp.png

You push/pull a sled loaded with plates, not lift it in any way?

i dont isolate my calves either cause as the quads/hams/glutes grow, so do the calves.

That point I'll agree with. Never understood people who waste time doing calf raises, unless they're doing it for bodybuilding.

My bad... terminology. I've always known, and called, the machine in those pics... a sled.

No bigs. I've always just called those things the leg press machines, or useless-things-you-use-when-you-can't-squat :D

At least to me, this is what I think when someone says sled related to working out:

sled-extra-1.jpg

I'm not sure why you guys are hating on crossfit. Although James' view on functional training was where I was headed when I was exercising. I had lost a bunch of weight through cardio and weights, but was never one to want size. I guess it's different from starting as a fat guy and wanting to get thinner.
I believe that unless you are training to get big, there is no need for a split workout. Full body, little to no rest. 2 days rest 2 days rest etc. Ymmv
Any way you do wanna go though, you have to have a plan, and keep records of exercises and gains. Otherwise you are running in circles. A guy I worked oit with just kinda went aimlessly. We started at the same time. A year later I was down 40 lbs and had toned up. He looked the same. I could have done much better if I had cleaned up my diet as well.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why you guys are hating on crossfit.

Some of the **** these guys do is just straight up dangerous. It's counter intuitive to get into fitness and health and do exercises that could put you in a wheelchair.

[video=youtube;T74Xek-pDLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM[/video]

I'm not sure why you guys are hating on crossfit. Although James' view on functional training was where I was headed when I was exercising. I had lost a bunch of weight through cardio and weights, but was never one to want size. I guess it's different from starting as a fat guy and wanting to get thinner.
I believe that unless you are training to get big, there is no need for a split workout. Full body, little to no rest. 2 days rest 2 days rest etc. Ymmv
Any way you do wanna go though, you have to have a plan, and keep records of exercises and gains. Otherwise you are running in circles. A guy I worked oit with just kinda went aimlessly. We started at the same time. A year later I was down 40 lbs and had toned up. He looked the same. I could have done much better if I had cleaned up my diet as well.

I like crossfit's methodology of HIIT. No doubt HIIT is a great way to exercise. But CF is the wrong way to exercise for the vast majority of people.

Adding speed + reps + barbell simply isn't safe for most people, especially considering what seems to be a lack of quality instruction at CF gyms. You can't just teach someone to do oly lifts right off the street. It takes a lot of mobility and technical work to be efficient at C&J/snatches. People sign up for CF and get thrown into these workouts where they just do what they think is the correct way to do these exercises, and it's outright dangerous.

@boots @sevet points taken.

Some of the **** these guys do is just straight up dangerous. It's counter intuitive to get into fitness and health and do exercises that could put you in a wheelchair.

[video=youtube;T74Xek-pDLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM[/video]

i couldnt watch anymore after 3/4 of the way. i get annoyed being in the presence of idiots doing kipping pull ups in the gym

i used to live above a feminist art gallery. my neighbour was your typical Libertarian beer belly 40 something guy who can talk **** about feminism all day. most ironic living situation. they didnt like him. they liked me tho. lots of small talk. and these were Feminists. they'd hear me burp, or id make a joke comment about a girl or whatever sitting on the bench outside and never any problems. not sure

Last edited:
i used to live above a feminist art gallery. my neighbour was your typical beer belly 40 something guy who can talk **** about feminism all day. most ironic living situation. they didnt like him. they liked me tho. lots of small talk. and these were Feminists. they'd hear me burp, or id make a joke comment about a girl or whatever sitting on the bench outside and never any problems. not sure

They judged you as harmless now go wrap your head around that for that for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom