Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! | Page 80 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Got a nice 200 dollar order from Canada Protein on the way.

22 lbs of protein and 454 grams of creatine inbound, I hope it lives up to the hype it gets. If it does I'll continue to order from them -- I'd have spent 100 more dollars had I got this same order at GNC or Bulldog.

22 lbs of protein and 454 grams of creatine inbound, I hope it lives up to the hype it gets. If it does I'll continue to order from them -- I'd have spent 100 more dollars had I got this same order at GNC or Bulldog.

I've been ordering from them for years. Put an order with them yesterday as well. Their prices have gone up significantly in the past year though and package sizes have come down. Like the 22lb bulk protein we both ordered, it used to be cheaper and 25lbs. Plus they're often out of many things which is annoying.

I've been ordering from them for years. Put an order with them yesterday as well. Their prices have gone up significantly in the past year though and package sizes have come down. Like the 22lb bulk protein we both ordered, it used to be cheaper and 25lbs. Plus they're often out of many things which is annoying.
I noticed their selection has gone down too. I was gonna order from them about 6 months ago and their 25 lb bulk orders came in so many more flavors than chocolate and vanilla

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Bought and recently added a punching bag to my routine for the extra cardio and working on the speed and power of my punches.

3 times a week, I simulate 10 two minute rounds with one minute breaks in between and there's sweat all over the floor by the end of it.

Wifey got me a groupon for a kickboxing class. Did boxing gym workouts for a year about 2-3 years ago and loved it...dont know if ill like the kickboxing ones..

I hate their flavours. But i guess they get the job done... for the value

Wifey got me a groupon for a kickboxing class. Did boxing gym workouts for a year about 2-3 years ago and loved it...dont know if ill like the kickboxing ones..

So far I'm really liking the bag. I changed things up to twelve 3 minute rounds with 30 second rests and things are going well. My buddy from work might take me to his boxing gym one saturday and I'm gonna try and take some pointers from him. So far though I've just been watching some full boxing matches and picking up on what they do.

I hate their flavours. But i guess they get the job done... for the value

How did you like their chocolate milkshake flavor?

So far I'm really liking the bag. I changed things up to twelve 3 minute rounds with 30 second rests and things are going well. My buddy from work might take me to his boxing gym one saturday and I'm gonna try and take some pointers from him. So far though I've just been watching some full boxing matches and picking up on what they do.

How did you like their chocolate milkshake flavor?
What we used to do when we'd grind the bag was

half the round doing one move in one stance, half the round in the other stance (orthodox vs southpaw)

Or we'd have pyramid moves (1, 12, 1, 1, 12, 1, 1, 1, 12, and so on)

And then we'd finish off with some freestyle

Eventually your punches become more efficient (whip corkscrew motion) and your shoulders get less fatigued (even though you keep your guard up all the time)

re: protein, im a chocolate fiend. i've ordered their sampler of different flavours (with the iso, the blend, the new zealand stuff, all in chocolate) no one made the cut for me.
i've tried a few different ones over the years (Optimum, MusclePharm, etc) the one that always wins me over is the Dymatize chocolate flavour

I mix it with half water and half chocolate almond milk, AND ITS SO GOOD!

Last edited:
Just thought i would drop this here. http://www.costco.ca/whey-proteins.html
I'm currently finishing up my last batch of costco protein and while it's good their prices are still the same as bulldog and gnc. They aren't competitive at all. And bulldog usually does buy one get another half off. Not to mention the bulk order I just put in still blows these prices out of the water pound for pound.

I'm currently finishing up my last batch of costco protein and while it's good their prices are still the same as bulldog and gnc. They aren't competitive at all. And bulldog usually does buy one get another half off. Not to mention the bulk order I just put in still blows these prices out of the water pound for pound.

Are you making sure that you are getting the same quality protein across the board? (GNC/ Costco/ Bulldog/ etc)
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that some products are more filler. I am also a firm believer in that there is higher quality whey protein.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Are you making sure that you are getting the same quality protein across the board? (GNC/ Costco/ Bulldog/ etc)
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that some products are more filler. I am also a firm believer in that there is higher quality whey protein.

Yeah both sell muscle pharm for the same price

Yeah both sell muscle pharm for the same price

Doesn't look like you are comparing apples with apples.
Quick search says Costco has 5lbs
Others have 4 lbs

Doesn't look like you are comparing apples with apples.
Quick search says Costco has 5lbs
Others have 4 lbs

You're right I didn't notice the difference in a pound.

Even then, Canada Protein still prices their protein at 7 bucks per pound whereas at costco it is 12 bucks per pound. Both with roughly 25 grams of protein per scoop + all the essential amino acids that you get from Whey. I might have to stick with thee guys until the bigger names get a little more competitive with the pricing.

Last edited:

There's different types of Whey. Best to worse: 100% Isolate, Isolate/Concentrate blend (often never knowing how much is actually isolate), Concentrate. I only buy 100% Isolate. If you're going to compare make sure it's the same type of Whey.
There's also some premium Isolates but it's less common to see on mainstream shelves so I'll keep it at the 3 basic types listed above.

With my hip issue that doesn't seem to be going away, decided I'm done waiting/skipping leg days. Started doing lunges - holy moly my legs are sore.

Side note - my left hip hurts when I get near parallel on squat, but doesn't seem to be irritated at all by lunges.

Did 12 three minute rounds with 30 second rests on the bag today.

This was the aftermath on the floor.

f323e200107a8d371415fdfae7557998.jpg

Did bag beat you up that bad? Don't cry at the gym man, c'mon :D

With my hip issue that doesn't seem to be going away, decided I'm done waiting/skipping leg days. Started doing lunges - holy moly my legs are sore.

Side note - my left hip hurts when I get near parallel on squat, but doesn't seem to be irritated at all by lunges.

Pigeon Pose. Google it if you don't know it. Do it before to stretch out your hip and do it a few other times during the week as preventative. Let me know if that works for you.

This is a great point.. most protein % is skewed. There is a ton of nitrogen spiking going on with protein, so you may think you are getting a deal but actually not due to the actual low amount of "real" protein you are taking in.
I take a lot of Jim Stoppanni products and he backs up a lot of his claims and especially on this topic with the spiking. Not sure of canada protein stuff, but just google it and have a look at your label.

Pigeon Pose. Google it if you don't know it. Do it before to stretch out your hip and do it a few other times during the week as preventative. Let me know if that works for you.

I'm almost sure this is a hip flexor strain - I felt a pain when I was catching the bar at the bottom of a clean over the winter, definition of a sudden contraction under too much load.

Just weird that it's been months and still hurts.

What's with men wearing spandex type leggings at the gym (no shorts over top). I've seen a couple guys doing this now. Almost as bad as the guys that wear the tank tops that are cut open down to the waist on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom