Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Foxconn builds what theyre told to build. There is no room for interpretation, they get the specs and they build the product to those exact specs.

Apple designs better products.

apple doesn't magically get preferential treatment

Where's the double facepalm icon when you need it? Apple has their own dedicated lines. Once again, THEY PAY FOR IT. And I never said the others asked for inferior products. They get what they spec/pay for.. You (wrongly, again) inferred otherwise.........even although I think their halo phones are cheap feeling and the buttons feel like they will fail at any given moment.

I have a cloth under the sink in my bathroom I use to wipe down the shower door. I will explain basic manufacturing to it when I get home............and I have a crisp twenty that says it will pick up the concept faster.

Where's the double facepalm icon when you need it? Apple has their own dedicated lines. Once again, THEY PAY FOR IT. And I never said the others asked for inferior products. They get what they spec/pay for.. You (wrongly, again) inferred otherwise.........even although I think their halo phones are cheap feeling and the buttons feel like they will fail at any given moment.

I have a cloth under the sink in my bathroom I use to wipe down the shower door. I will explain basic manufacturing to it when I get home............and I have a crisp twenty that says it will pick up the concept faster.

you mean those dedicated lines in shenzen, where employees committed suicides in large number due to poor working conditions and piss-poor salaries, triggering a massive inquest and then a pay raise across the board?

. . .which was then met by a cost-cutting shift to cheaper foxconn factories north of shenzen, where apple would be able to get cut-rate build production? yes, you're right, that is basic manufacturing, although not the kind that would be expected by such a 'superior' product. getting the lowest production cost from foxconn and shifting production from one factory to another to get that. . .makes them just like every other company out there. . .

explain that to your cloth, lol. . .

you mean those dedicated lines in shenzen, where employees committed suicides in large number due to poor working conditions and piss-poor salaries, triggering a massive inquest and then a pay raise across the board?

. . .which was then met by a cost-cutting shift to cheaper foxconn factories north of shenzen, where apple would be able to get cut-rate build production? yes, you're right, that is basic manufacturing, although not the kind that would be expected by such a 'superior' product. getting the lowest production cost from foxconn and shifting production from one factory to another to get that. . .makes them just like every other company out there. . .

explain that to your cloth, lol. . .

Well folks, I think we're just about all done here. We're on to the human rights records of the companies' suppliers, as a yardstick for measuring product quality. Next we'll look at CEO pay, contributions to political parties, number of PhD's employed, health and safety violations, and which companies have a smaller carbon footprint.

I'm not saying that these measures aren't important in evaluating the overall quality of a corporation, or the ethical implications of buying their products, and not worthy of a discussion. I'm saying that we're officially done discussing whether an Android phone is better than an iPhone.

--- D

If you think that the iPhone 4 display isn't exclusively manufactured for Apple then I would love to see another handset display with the same specs. You won't find it and it isn't because other phone brands wouldn't love to have it.

Last edited:
alot of childish comments in this thread..

i keep reading about apple's quality... well i've had 5 apple mp3 players and they are all dead. ALL OF THEM. 2 of them within 2 years. The rest when they hit 3 years.When they worked they performed well.

I own a torch and i enjoy the device. I can't see why everybody keeps bashing rim. They are pretty sturdy products. I believe the torch does everything the iphone 4 does.

For the people running their mouths off about apple, do you guys own stock? if not why?

alot of childish comments in this thread..

i keep reading about apple's quality... well i've had 5 apple mp3 players and they are all dead. ALL OF THEM. 2 of them within 2 years. The rest when they hit 3 years.When they worked they performed well.

I own a torch and i enjoy the device. I can't see why everybody keeps bashing rim. They are pretty sturdy products. I believe the torch does everything the iphone 4 does.

For the people running their mouths off about apple, do you guys own stock? if not why?

Who sent you?

hahahah the torch does everything an iphone 4 does? that's cute.

I've had 7 blackberries, all broke. Not exaggerating either. I've had to return 4 of em to Bell, and the replacements they sent always lasted about 5-6 months.

Android and iOS are so far ahead of anything RIM offers it's not even a fair competition. You only need to use an iPhone next to your Torch to understand the behemoth difference between the devices. The iPhone is way more powerful, has a way better screen and camera, looks way better, feels way better, is sturdier, and last and most important... has the backing of an app marketplace with over 140,000 applications available for download and purchase.

RIM? LOL

hahahah the torch does everything an iphone 4 does? that's cute.

I've had 7 blackberries, all broke. Not exaggerating either. I've had to return 4 of em to Bell, and the replacements they sent always lasted about 5-6 months.

Android and iOS are so far ahead of anything RIM offers it's not even a fair competition. You only need to use an iPhone next to your Torch to understand the behemoth difference between the devices. The iPhone is way more powerful, has a way better screen and camera, looks way better, feels way better, is sturdier, and last and most important... has the backing of an app marketplace with over 140,000 applications available for download and purchase.

RIM? LOL

140,000 applications.. how many are useful?

looks way better, feels way better? are we talking about a piece of plastic or women?

Faster: how much faster do you want to read your email?

I can agree that it's faster for webbrowsing, but how much webbrowsing do you actually do on these devices?

I've worked as a blackberry administrator for some time.. And 1 user that had 7 broken blackberries? WTF did you do to them... i've never heard of that

140,000 applications.. how many are useful?

looks way better, feels way better? are we talking about a piece of plastic or women?

Faster: how much faster do you want to read your email?

I can agree that it's faster for webbrowsing, but how much webbrowsing do you actually do on these devices?

I've worked as a blackberry administrator for some time.. And 1 user that had 7 broken blackberries? WTF did you do to them... i've never heard of that

I have about 30 useful apps on my iphone and there are a hundred thousand more to choose from. Youre a bberry user so you wouldnt understand.

Furthermore, i browse a lot on my iphone, and play games and watch music videos and post on forums. It does it all better and faster than your crappy torch.

The blackberry is good for email and thats about it.

Well folks, I think we're just about all done here. We're on to the human rights records of the companies' suppliers, as a yardstick for measuring product quality. Next we'll look at CEO pay, contributions to political parties, number of PhD's employed, health and safety violations, and which companies have a smaller carbon footprint.

I'm not saying that these measures aren't important in evaluating the overall quality of a corporation, or the ethical implications of buying their products, and not worthy of a discussion. I'm saying that we're officially done discussing whether an Android phone is better than an iPhone.

--- D

actually, you missed my point. i was responding to the suggestion that almighty apple somehow ensures the superiority of their products by paying for the kind of premium build that would result in the gift from god that is the iphone4. i factually returned to my point that no, apple is not actually doing anything different than any of the numerous other companies contracting out to foxconn. build quality is not superior, in fact, apple pays less to keep their cost of production down, just as any other contractor would do. apple is not 'special'.

to quote: "They get what they spec/pay for". yes, apple does. now we know what they pay--very little, and less if they can get it.

to quote: "They get what they spec/pay for". yes, apple does. now we know what they pay--very little, and less if they can get it.

Now you're arguing business practices. What a joke. Next you'll be arguing people who wear black mock turtlenecks are Satanists. Queue the double face palm icon..........................

Now

Now you're arguing business practices. What a joke. Next you'll be arguing people who wear black mock turtlenecks are Satanists. Queue the double face palm icon..........................

Now

you suggested that other manufacturers get shoddy builds because that's what they pay foxconn for.

i merely pointed out that apple gets the same build quality, plain and simple.

q.e.d.

now we can finally put the whole build quality argument to bed. done and dusted.

Back
Top Bottom