Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

wow, what a load of nonsense.

samsung, lg, and sharp component and build quality are not at all determined by the cosmetic design given to them by a contractor. they build displays according to a technical spec sheet given to them, in this case, by apple.

lol, you make it seem like the magic pixies at apple somehow grant their contract order greater build or component quality than any other screens they produce. ridiculous.

there is no magic. the 'retina display' is simply an ips backlit lcd screen that pushes more than 300dps. q.e.d.

ask sharp: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2068...ches_iphone_4s_retina_display.html?tk=mod_rel
i
i'm sure it's just a coincidence

Thats what I thought no proof.

Saying a display matches that specs of the Retina Display = the Retina Display is nonsense. Thats like saying since Ford's hybrid system matches Toyota's Hybrid system's MPG make them the same system. Its completely wrong.

The Retina Display is unique to the iPhone4, its design is unique to Apples.

Thats what I thought no proof.

Saying a display matches that specs of the Retina Display = the Retina Display is nonsense. Thats like saying since Ford's hybrid system matches Toyota's Hybrid system's MPG make them the same system. Its completely wrong.

The Retina Display is unique to the iPhone4, its design is unique to Apples.

wrong analogy.

that's like saying a hybrid system made by the same company but sold under two different marques cannot be the same because i put a different label on it.

the proper analogy is a ford ranger and a mazda b2000 can't be the same, even though they use many identical components, and roll off the line at the same factory.

now THAT is a correct analogy.

edit: i'm glad you've conceded the issue of build quality. it was about time you gave up on that falsehood.

Last edited:
As always it seems, your analogies are more or less true, but deliberately thin, and very misleading. In this particular instance you keep droning on and on about handsets being built in the same factory, but conveniently leave out the fact that Foxconn is a huge company with hundreds of vastly different/updated assembly lines. If one of their customers (LG, Samsung, SE) comes to them and gives them specs to make a cheap plastic-y phone to hit a price point, they'll be more than happy to dedicate a basic line/low skilled team line for x number of weeks to pump them out. If another one of their customers like oh, say Apple, wants them to build something with a stainless steel chassis, bezel, and proprietary glass, they'll be more than happy to dedicate one of their better assembly lines/teams to build them......for a price. That, my friend, is basic manufacturing 101.

As always it seems, your analogies are more or less true, but deliberately thin, and very misleading. In this particular instance you keep droning on and on about handsets being built in the same factory, but conveniently leave out the fact that Foxconn is a huge company with hundreds of vastly different/updated assembly lines. If one of their customers (LG, Samsung, SE) comes to them and gives them specs to make a cheap plastic-y phone to hit a price point, they'll be more than happy to dedicate a basic line/low skilled team line for x number of weeks to pump them out. If another one of their customers like oh, say Apple, wants them to build something with a stainless steel chassis, bezel, and proprietary glass, they'll be more than happy to dedicate one of their better assembly lines/teams to build them......for a price. That, my friend, is basic manufacturing 101.

that may be true, but we wouldn't be comparing the low end, entry level phones from any of those manufacturers would we?

the only way it would matter would be if foxconn was shunting nokia/se/etc. to these 'lesser' plants, for the top-line models. does anyone really believe a company would put up with that, being treated as a second-class client to apple, especially for their halo-models?

frankly, the entry level models are probably not even given to foxconn, but to a lower level of production.

No, I'm directly referring to the Xperia and the Galaxy. I've tried them. They're plastic junk.

edit: i'm glad you've conceded the issue of build quality. it was about time you gave up on that falsehood.

Aluminum unibody for MBP > plastic
Gorilla Glass and metal iphone4 > Plastic and cheap plastic
Aluminum Mac Pro case > Plastic case or plastic case with LED lights

There is a Build quality difference of most Apple products.

the fact that the samoled uses significantly less energy tells us that the future of cellphone displays is already here.

Sorry I don't consider energy savings over resolution when getting at the better display.

furthermore, retina display is not a big deal, ergo iphone is not superior, because there are better displays, including arguably the galaxy's.

Not a big deal? Out of the thousands of smartphones out there there is no display used in a phone that clearly better than the Retina. That is amazing what casio is doing with their display but its a demo unit not in a phone handset. By summer the iphone5 will be out and it will further improve on the Retina to compete with the best. Apple is dumping millions into expanding display plants to make another apple exclusive display.

Now back onto the original topic. Isn't it great that Android updates (only 1 generation behind even) are rolled out and fry people memory cards. I for one don't want a device that I have to scour the web for some hacker to have ported a new OS to your handset in order to keep current.

I rather like that I get an update the same time as every other iphone user. The moment the most current OS is released everyone has access to it and it works. No hacking, no tinkering no bricking of phones.

your missing the real point the iphone is a big deal because it brings together the total package. Amazing quality build materials, Great OS, Great battery life, Great apps. The iphone isn't one of the top phones by accident. Marketing only goes so far. Great marketing backed with one of the best total packages in a phone = a winner.

full of 'blind hate'??? i have repeatedly written that apple products are good. apparently unless i admit they are the best ever and ever, i'm wrong.

Yet you fail to accept that indeed apple products are the best in some areas. You have repeatedly written that apple products are marketing. All any of us are pointing out is that is far from being the case. The product line up stands on its own merit. And whether you like to admit it or not some of their products are revolutionary. The ipad wasn't the first tablet ever build but the tablet market was non existant before the ipad. just look at the sales numbers and other companies are playing catch up. Give credit where its due.

Last edited:
wrong analogy.

that's like saying a hybrid system made by the same company but sold under two different marques cannot be the same because i put a different label on it.

the proper analogy is a ford ranger and a mazda b2000 can't be the same, even though they use many identical components, and roll off the line at the same factory.

now THAT is a correct analogy.

WRONG AGAIN!

Now before you back track and use semantics again. I am going to highlight the use of the word "MADE" . Sharp is a manufacturer for Apple. Thats IT! They have no say whatsoever in design. Yes Sharp MANUFACTURED the Retina Display...they never MADE it. Once again you have shown no proof whatsoever that display in the SHARP phone is technically identical to the Retina Display.

And where did I concede the build quality? Apple's reliability scores prove their build quality is better.

Aluminum unibody for MBP > plastic
Gorilla Glass and metal iphone4 > Plastic and cheap plastic
Aluminum Mac Pro case > Plastic case or plastic case with LED lights

There is a Build quality difference of most Apple products.

Sorry I don't consider energy savings over resolution when getting at the better display.

Not a big deal? Out of the thousands of smartphones out there there is no display used in a phone that clearly better than the Retina. That is amazing what casio is doing with their display but its a demo unit not in a phone handset. By summer the iphone5 will be out and it will further improve on the Retina to compete with the best. Apple is dumping millions into expanding display plants to make another apple exclusive display.

Now back onto the original topic. Isn't it great that Android updates (only 1 generation behind even) are rolled out and fry people memory cards. I for one don't want a device that I have to scour the web for some hacker to have ported a new OS to your handset in order to keep current.

I rather like that I get an update the same time as every other iphone user. The moment the most current OS is released everyone has access to it and it works. No hacking, no tinkering no bricking of phones.

your missing the real point the iphone is a big deal because it brings together the total package. Amazing quality build materials, Great OS, Great battery life, Great apps. The iphone isn't one of the top phones by accident. Marketing only goes so far. Great marketing backed with one of the best total packages in a phone = a winner.

Yet you fail to accept that indeed apple products are the best in some areas. You have repeatedly written that apple products are marketing. All any of us are pointing out is that is far from being the case. The product line up stands on its own merit. And whether you like to admit it or not some of their products are revolutionary. The ipad wasn't the first tablet ever build but the tablet market was non existant before the ipad. just look at the sales numbers and other companies are playing catch up. Give credit where its due.

okay, i think you are mistaking components for build. the case, regardless of what it is made of, is still a component. the 'build' is the act of putting those components together. the build has everything to do with the assembly process, the skill of the robotics, and the human element--unless i'm terribly wrong. that's where foxconn comes in.

if you want to claim a components advantage, that's a totally different thing than suggesting that foxconn shafts all of the other companies that contract out to them for builds, by making apple products 'better'. no proof of that i can find, despite suggestions otherwise.

as for being revolutionary, i will credit them for their os--that was revolutionary for non-techies, and definitely made all of their products better. their user interfaces are definitely user friendly. they weren't the first computers, first notebooks, first mp3 players, or first tablet makers. they weren't the first touchscreen interfaces, or cellphones, or hi-res display phones, or whatever. they definitely improved upon what was already there, and combined with their os, made things easier for people to use. the whole itunes interface/media player was not revolutionary, nor was the itunes/online store for content. now, combining those two, and then adding a proprietary media file format that their software auto-converted people's libraries over to, now that was revolutionary. a lot of people found themselves with m4a files without them realizing, because they trusted apple's itunes software.

WRONG AGAIN!

Now before you back track and use semantics again. I am going to highlight the use of the word "MADE" . Sharp is a manufacturer for Apple. Thats IT! They have no say whatsoever in design. Yes Sharp MANUFACTURED the Retina Display...they never MADE it. Once again you have shown no proof whatsoever that display in the SHARP phone is technically identical to the Retina Display.

And where did I concede the build quality? Apple's reliability scores prove their build quality is better.

i don't think you can make that generalization that reliability is 100% correlated with build quality. components have a factor--and we've seen just how unique apple components are, lol.

likewise i still have yet to see any conclusive evidence that foxconn builds apple products any better than the other halo products they build.

oh, and if by 'made' you ascribe that function with apple, you must be referring to handing a spec sheet to lg/sharp/toshiba. i have yet to find a source that credits apple with designing the retina display, beyond specifying physical and performance characteristics.

okay, i think you are mistaking components for build. the case, regardless of what it is made of, is still a component. the 'build' is the act of putting those components together.

Oh my god. Dumbest post in this thread so far, and its had a lot of dumb posts!

If the actual quality and durability of the product isn't "build" then I don't know what is.

STOP POSTING, PLEASE. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Now this dude is ranting about Apple outsourcing manufacturing to other companies... cuz you know, NOBODY DOES THAT!!!

aahahahahahahaahha awesome, just awesome

if you want to claim a components advantage, that's a totally different thing than suggesting that foxconn shafts all of the other companies that contract out to them for builds, by making apple products 'better'. no proof of that i can find, despite suggestions otherwise.

Foxconn builds the units the customer specs/pays for. If the customer wants cheap plastic units with vague loose buttons, they get cheap plastic units with vague loose buttons. If the customer wants cutting edge components which requires more precise assembly by the more competent workers and is willing to pay a premium, that's what they get/pay for. I fail to see (other than the obvious trolling angle) why anyone couldn't grasp that simple concept.

Oh my god. Dumbest post in this thread so far, and its had a lot of dumb posts!

If the actual quality and durability of the product isn't "build" then I don't know what is.

STOP POSTING, PLEASE. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Now this dude is ranting about Apple outsourcing manufacturing to other companies... cuz you know, NOBODY DOES THAT!!!

aahahahahahahaahha awesome, just awesome

yeah, okay. pay attention to the discourse, you're about forty posts behind.

quality, durability, components, and build are all different things. they may have some relation to each other, but you should go back to the liter bike/ruler thread.

and yes, i definitely wrote that nobody else uses foxconn to build their products, thanks for the revelation. . .lol

blah blah wall of pointless text blah blah

DO you even remember what your point was?

Apple in most cases has superior quality products, from materials to final build to support. Just face the fact and forget about it already. If you can't afford it, or you don't want it, don't buy it. Fact remains: millions of customers rank Apple the top manufacturer in the tech industry and thats the way its gonna stay for a while. Macbook Pro is by far the best built laptop on the market... the components and build quality is superb. Nobody matches it. Same for the iPhone, same for the Cinema displays, and same for the imac.

Foxconn builds the units the customer specs/pays for. If the customer wants cheap plastic units with vague loose buttons, they get cheap plastic units with vague loose buttons. If the customer wants cutting edge components which requires more precise assembly by the more competent workers and is willing to pay a premium, that's what they get/pay for. I fail to see (other than the obvious trolling angle) why anyone couldn't grasp that simple concept.

as you wrote it, it's actually a ridiculous concept. show me one company that would ask for second grade build quality on their halo products. apple doesn't magically get preferential treatment, and nokia/se/etc. are not going to foxconn with their halo products and say, "hey, this is our top of the line cellphone model, just don't build it as well as you put together the iphone".

from the beginning, i have written this. i even suggested that if it wanted low end build, they probably would go to another plant, and not foxconn.

blah blah wall of pointless text blah blah

DO you even remember what your point was?

Apple in most cases has superior quality products, from materials to final build to support. Just face the fact and forget about it already. If you can't afford it, or you don't want it, don't buy it. Fact remains: millions of customers rank Apple the top manufacturer in the tech industry and thats the way its gonna stay for a while. Macbook Pro is by far the best built laptop on the market... the components and build quality is superb. Nobody matches it. Same for the iPhone, same for the Cinema displays, and same for the imac.

the better question is whether you remember any of the points you made, since you gave up on them about 100 posts ago. just because you repeat yourself again and again, doesn't make what you say accurate, especially since you provided no evidence to support your claims.

the fact that you wrote "nobody matches" apple build quality or components suggests you should go back about 40 posts and start reading.

your posts all have about as much factual substance as "who sent you", so maybe you should go back to that inanity, lol.

Back
Top Bottom