Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 183 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Re: Jelly Bean is here

[h=1]Canadians urge CRTC to get rid of three-year contracts[/h]
Technology moves quickly, and this is especially true when it comes to smartphones. Being stuck with the same phone for several years just isn’t practical for many of us. This is why more consumers are opting to skip the contract altogether by purchasing unlocked devices like theLG Nexus 4. Contracts are especially restrictive in Canada, where three-year commitments are standard practice.
While most countries offer two year contracts as the norm, this isn’t the case for Canadian mobile users. The kinds of discounts offered in the United States for a two-year contract are about on par, price-wise, with what Canada’s carriers are giving their customers with three year deals.
Canada does offers one and two-year contracts as well, but with discounts that are rather paltry in comparison to the rest of the globe. The good news is that the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission may be doing something about it.
The CRTC is planning a national code for wireless services that could clarify wireless contracts and help consumers understand their rights. It would also make it clear to carriers what they can and can not do when it comes to contracts and services.
In order to get a better idea on what the public is thinking, the CRTC recently opened up a public submission process, which gave Canadian citizens a chance to speak out and help have a say on what issues should be focused on in the national code. Out of 1043 submissions, the biggest suggestions had to do with offering more unlocked phones, simplifying the contract and getting rid of the 36 month contract for good.
The CRTC thanked everyone for participating and noted via Twitter that concerned wireless consumers should return on January 28th to comment on the Draft Code. When the outline arrives we should have a better idea of what to expect from the upcoming national code.
Do you think that Canada should get rid of their current 3-year contracts or at the very least offer more reasonable pricing on one and two-year contracts as well?

Funny that you didn't post Time's 10 best list. The iPhone5 is on top, and the S3 isn't even on the list. Of course these lists are useless to anyone even remotely up to date in tech news

http://mashable.com/2012/12/11/time-iphone-5-gadget-of-year/

But of course, it gained an extra row of icons this year! True tech innovation.

Wait till next year when Apple introduces NFC on iPhone 5S, shoo in for Time Magazine 2013 best gadget of the year!

:laughing3:

But of course, it gained an extra row of icons this year! True tech innovation.

Wait till next year when Apple introduces NFC on iPhone 5S, shoo in for Time Magazine 2013 best gadget of the year!

The amount of times you said that....got really old a long time ago.

You should give up on the bashing of Apple. They made a device better, and you have problemS with that??

The iPhone is a better made smartphone, and should keep it up for a few more years to come.

The Android OS is what i really like, and the ability to use an external card(rooting purposes only), not a major need.

The iPhone is the BEST and more secured phone to use, they just need to bring more features to the Software, and update the UI. Which they WILL!!!!

Either way, iOS is loved by many....because it is really AWESOME and SIMPLE. Most of the time, a manual is not even needed.

Plus my wife keeps telling me, she needs to go back to iPhone!!....from what i see, Android has a lot to offer, but she does not want to take the time to learn nothing, she just want simple and it works.
Me on the other hand, is just happy with all these third party features, without the need of waiting on a jailbreak for the latest iOS.

Sunny why do you care so much man? I have a Galaxy S3... I still think the iPhone 5 is a good phone. If you can't recognize that it's still a high quality product that may not suit your needs, but will suit others, then I am at a loss at how you get through your day. Reading your posts I feel like you are getting ready to launch an iPhone user genocide.

Wow, this thread is still going?!? I think Sunny is just anti North American. Apple, Domestic cars etc etc.
Why would he put this much effort into it?

Wow, this thread is still going?!? I think Sunny is just anti North American. Apple, Domestic cars etc etc.
Why would he put this much effort into it?

Well for many, they define themselves by what products they use, then turn it into a holy war. He is on jihad.

Pretty cool review i found, comparing iPhone 5 and the S3.
If you don't wanna explain the differences to someone you know, just show them this video.
It also has sections to skip in the video, to what you really wanna see in the description...video is long and informative.

Pocket test 22:20

[video=youtube_share;NAANPxVBkoA]http://youtu.be/NAANPxVBkoA[/video]

Last edited:

Got my Sharp SH-02e, it is amazing so far :) I just need to learn the settings on it, some of the stuff is still in Japanese.

Interesting!

Hope he calls me up soon, then we can start an Apple jihad!

:laughing3:

Former top Apple fanboy now rocks all Android devices

Former Mac evangelist Guy Kawasaki says he's purged all iOS devices from his life.
" the former evangelist who helped create the original "cult of Mac" has left iOS behind and gone all Android."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...p-apple-fanboy-now-rocks-all-android-devices/

APPLE USERS REJOICE!

GOOGLE MAPS for iOS to be made available tonight :D

The SDK can even bypass apple's maps !

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to check out the iPad mini today.

It makes much more sense than the bigger iPad that was beside it. Very thin and light, impressive.

The major disappointment was the display. I can't believe more reviewers dont view this as a huge downfall.

To my eyes, within seconds of looking at the display, it seemed like less detail than the Playbook I currently use. Sure enough, after a spec check, the ipad mini has 163ppi. The PB has 170ppi. Doesnt sound like much, but to me, it appeared to be a huge difference.

Overall, it looks to me like iPad mini's will cannibalize sales from the ipad.

Hooray!

http://www.businessinsider.com/appl...which-even-apple-loving-bloggers-hate-2012-12

[h=2]Security exploit opens Samsung Galaxy S III, Note II to attack, could let apps from Google Play write to Kernel[/h]
While fiddling with his Galaxy S III, XDA user Alephzain discovered a way to obtain root without flashing with Odin. The Samsung kernel apparently allows read / write access to all physical memory on the device, including the kernel itself. This makes for an easy root, Alephzain writes, but leaves devices open to attack -- allowing Kernel code injections and RAM dumps from malware-laden apps from the Google Play store.

Security exploit opens Samsung Galaxy S III, Note II to attack, could let apps from Google Play write to Kernel

While fiddling with his Galaxy S III, XDA user Alephzain discovered a way to obtain root without flashing with Odin. The Samsung kernel apparently allows read / write access to all physical memory on the device, including the kernel itself. This makes for an easy root, Alephzain writes, but leaves devices open to attack -- allowing Kernel code injections and RAM dumps from malware-laden apps from the Google Play store.

Thats one thing that would worry me about the Android devices, how open and prone they are to attacks and viruses of the like. I read, or more skimmed an article about this stating that Android has surpassed windows in this regard.

http://www.infopackets.com/news/security/2012/20121211_hackers_prefer_android_to_windows_report.htm

Not really sure how reliable this "leading security firm Sophos" is, never heard of them, but then again I use a Mac and just keep myself wide open for viruses and malware by not having any virus protection.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom