where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

Funny how all these bikes that get raced in CSBK have Titanium fasteners, maybe I am wrong but, last time I read the rule book it says NO titanium fasteners. just sayin' take a look at #5

2016 rules

H) FRAME AND GEOMETRY AND FASTENERS1) The original frame must be retained with unaltered geometry.2) Handlebars must be able to turn all the way to functional steering stops without hitting bodywork.3) Sub frames can be substituted for aftermarket or self-made.4) Unnecessary brackets may be removed.5) Titanium Fasteners are not permitted except OE.

Funny how all these bikes that get raced in CSBK have Titanium fasteners, maybe I am wrong but, last time I read the rule book it says NO titanium fasteners. just sayin' take a look at #5

2016 rules

H) FRAME AND GEOMETRY AND FASTENERS1) The original frame must be retained with unaltered geometry.2) Handlebars must be able to turn all the way to functional steering stops without hitting bodywork.3) Sub frames can be substituted for aftermarket or self-made.4) Unnecessary brackets may be removed.5) Titanium Fasteners are not permitted except OE.

Well you can always pay to protest. Same with the battery. Who doesn't have an aftermarket light battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot more obvious in your face that are completely agains the rule book that passes tech..........just saying

There are a lot more obvious in your face that are completely agains the rule book that passes tech..........just saying
Like what?

Tech isn't there to enforce the rule book though, just make sure the bikes are safe.

Guys not running Dunlop tires obviously, no way they can go that fast on dunlops ;)
Well duh, no one can go fast/set lap records/win championships on Dunlops!

.....especially someones else's old ones hahah

Tech isn't there to enforce the rule book though, just make sure the bikes are safe.

more like to police sticker placement than safety.
could you imagine how fast the rule would change if someone protested the top couple guys running ATTACK clamps? (they come with TI bolts)

What about bikes with adjustable geometry? And uhm... the bike I bought from McBain years ago has an adjustable triple, and adjustable swingarm angle.

perhaps also with all the tech, bikes can be mapped so as to be very low on the dyno when the front wheel is not turning? if so..........................

perhaps also with all the tech, bikes can be mapped so as to be very low on the dyno when the front wheel is not turning? if so..........................
Whaaaaaaaat

the Nationals used to post weight and dyno results on line after races, seems a little fishy when guys who have spent thousands with one of the best engine builders, who is known to get some big #'s. put up the same hp #'s as a known stock motor. well?????????? and yes I know all about torque. but it is directly related to hp. you can't have one without the other.
and that was years ago.

Well, you can limit the engine rpm, say if the front wheel isn't turning... or change injector pulse time... or change timing... or all of them at once. But hey, free dyno time at the track, all you have to do is ask. My 600 made 101hp. FFS

maybe its in "dyno mode"?????? ever try a stock ecu? you will know pretty quick if something is up

more like to police sticker placement than safety.
could you imagine how fast the rule would change if someone protested the top couple guys running ATTACK clamps? (they come with TI bolts)

I think some of it comes down to protesting for performance advantage mods. Ti triple bolts aren't going to help me beat Jordan. I know, rules are rules and all.

Tech did find a few things on my bike that I overlooked after rushing to get the bike together for St. Eustache. Couple loose bodywork bolts and safety wire on my coolant drain bolt.

What about bikes with adjustable geometry? And uhm... the bike I bought from McBain years ago has an adjustable triple, and adjustable swingarm angle.

Its allowed, wasn't in 600 until this year I beleieve.

Someone with a stock motor walked past me at Mosport. I just went by them exiting 6 and they had their hand on their hip looking back when I was wfo. There may be a bit of funny business going on but I apparently had decent numbers compared to the other bikes...

Last edited:
Oversized rotors, calipers that are not oem, light weight batteries on 600's, like I said, theses are very obvious at tech, that stuff should be caught at tech, not something that you have to protest. It's called a technical inspection.

Oversized rotors, calipers that are not oem, light weight batteries on 600's, like I said, theses are very obvious at tech, that stuff should be caught at tech, not something that you have to protest. It's called a technical inspection.

Does MA do a check for such things or do you need to protest? I know WERA doesn't check.

Superbike builders learning from Volkswagen? haha...

I know Elie could not pass tech for an AMA race because his gas cap and windshield were not oem.

Back
Top Bottom