where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

I though 1990 was the sweet spot as it came with USD forks?
They were first gen USD forks... they didn't work as well as the '89 conventional forks.
Those first gen were basically cut down RM forks.
IMHO the 41mm front end on that Gixxer is the best you can get for VRRA without spending cubic dollars
If you want to run USD forks in the VRRA get yourself the Showa USDs that came on the Ducati 900SS of that vintage. They're similar but the metering rod is longer and has better sliders... and I would still prefer the Gixxer parts. (I have three bikes with that Gixxer front end. I like it).

They were first gen USD forks... they didn't work as well as the '89 conventional forks.
Those first gen were basically cut down RM forks.
IMHO the 41mm front end on that Gixxer is the best you can get for VRRA without spending cubic dollars
If you want to run USD forks in the VRRA get yourself the Showa USDs that came on the Ducati 900SS of that vintage. They're similar but the metering rod is longer and has better sliders... and I would still prefer the Gixxer parts. (I have three bikes with that Gixxer front end. I like it).
Fair enough. Figured everyone put in Gold Valve piston kits, but I only know what I little I know about those ones from a neighbour who used to race the '80s Gixxers, and he's obsessive about staying within the rules...

Saw a sv650 track bike on Marketplace for $500 yesterday believe it was near Peterborough.

Still looking for a small 4×8 or 5x8 trailer if anyone knows of one.

^ yes. you've reminded me of when michel mercier won a wet sbk race at shanny - on a box stock gpz550 ! 1980's.

it could also work for someone getting into td's. I think a newcomer (or veteran) would appreciate the suspension upgrades for the track. should work well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom