when does every one stop riding?? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

snow eh?

explorer-snow-bike-16.jpg

Does your Burgman have a Hayabusa decal on the rear end?

Hayabusa or Halfabusa? That was the 650's nickname at one point, same-ish length and weight with half the displacement (and 1/3 the hp, roughly). It's just "Lardy" now. The low PTW ratio and longer wheelbase does keep it stable in lousy conditions though.

i wanna go out tommorow...just to put fuel stabilizer in and put her to sleep...

..already Snowed today, Nov 1.

I wanna be out here and be the first to say, we are going to have a long,cold winter . :mad:

It will be erratic....welcome to the Anthropocene. It was 30 F when my riding companion left to meet up....86 on our ride back to Petersburg WV 7 hours later.
Pack layers.

Nice tomorrow and Tuesday.

I put the old girl away...its to cold for her (and for me to ride her).

Vstrom will stay out for a bit longer tho..
I was still bombing around town today on a gixxer

Very good, but that bike doesn't exactly look like it's covered in salt dust. Looks like you had one day with clear roads in March and you went for a ride because you were dying to get back on a bike, which I can't blame you for doing, but still. GoPro in the snow, let's have the vid.

[video=youtube;njC_whpSV6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njC_whpSV6o[/video]

***** not me

Yeah, hitting slush and snow drifts with summer tires sucks. If you're going to ride a sport bike in winter, I recommend you mount a set of tkc80's.

Does anyone ride in the cold weather/winter with the TKC80's? I'm curious as to whether they would be better than my stock Pirelli Scorpion's.

I need clutch work done. Right now its hard to drive the GS with the way the clutch is. Even harder with cold hands.
Are you still wearing plain leather?

Brine trucks out in Waterloo...
Done for the season.
:-(

+1 the salt trucks define end of season, not the weather. Away she goes, always a sad day

Brine trucks out in Waterloo...
Done for the season.
:-(

I think the Vstroms sneakers are good for a while longer...

K60ScoutRear.jpg

Wasn't sure about them when I picked the bike up but sure footed pavement or not and seem to wear well..one guy I met said he 25k MILES! from a set.
Noisy tho - glad I wear ear plugs.

Are you still wearing plain leather?

Had to return my nice insulated leather gloves halfway through of the season due to ripping and am waiting to the motorcycle show to pick up some new ones.

My solution this year has been a pare of dollar store wool gloves under some old leathers. Been working surprisingly well at keeping the chill down on my hands but its getting way to cold on the old GS.

Not to mention that i like my little GS as a casual bike. Pair of jeans a jacket, gloves is all I like to ride in. Having to have layers and feeling like i'm wearing a snow suit is a bit of pain in the *** on this bike.

Going to be picking some of these for me and the wife next season.

http://thermo-chip.ca/t_gloves.html

Hayabusa or Halfabusa? That was the 650's nickname at one point, same-ish length and weight with half the displacement (and 1/3 the hp, roughly). It's just "Lardy" now. The low PTW ratio and longer wheelbase does keep it stable in lousy conditions though.

lol...I wasn't making a joke. I was asking because this past Friday I saw a silver Burgman 650 with that decal in the cold/rain on the 401 taking the 403/QEW westbound overpass, exited Hurontario I think and Mac Doc's location is Mississauga...

I thought it'd have to be him. Rider was hauling it...outpacing the cars, being on a scooter with a huge windshield he had good wind and rain coverage.

I'll be riding the 50 or so km from 403/Dundas to 401/404, it should be clear and decent, lets see who else is out today...

Back
Top Bottom