when does every one stop riding?? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

Yeah, ok. I've been in the city for decades. I think I have seen one (1) scooter in downtown Toronto in January in all that time. Feel free to post a GoPro vid of yourself tearing up the snowy Brampton roads on your Softie this January. Many here would like to see that. Maybe you'll start a trend. :lmao:

27180_328808969402_5934551_n.jpg

859772_10151323933704403_1730415395_o.jpg

861268_10151323933499403_1365087933_o.jpg

Very good, but that bike doesn't exactly look like it's covered in salt dust. Looks like you had one day with clear roads in March and you went for a ride because you were dying to get back on a bike, which I can't blame you for doing, but still. GoPro in the snow, let's have the vid.

Question..I got my m2(from the course) papers 60 days (tommrow).. Can I bring it on the 60th day to get my m2 or do I got to wait the day after ? Even tho it says 60 days waiting peroid ..friend said paper work might take one more day?

They're out riding their motorcycles not worrying about being seen. Spend enough time on the road and you will see us eventually. Especially in and around the city.

I actually had the opposite. When I lived in the country outside Guelph I found that the roads were much more likely to be clear on some days in the middle of the winter. Once I moved to Toronto the roads have snow/ice on them almost all winter. The city rarely plows any residential roads around my place and since everything is more dense the roads rarely get any sun so they don't melt clear, either.

When I lived out there I'd generally find a good day to ride about once a month through the winter, at least. Salt wasn't a concern to me because I'd just rust proof the snot out of my bike. New bike is a little more unique so I'm a bit more hesitant.

Last edited:
Very good, but that bike doesn't exactly look like it's covered in salt dust. Looks like you had one day with clear roads in March and you went for a ride because you were dying to get back on a bike, which I can't blame you for doing, but still. GoPro in the snow, let's have the vid.

the first two were december/january. Rattlesnake point was in March. I'll pass up on Gopro in snow with sport tires...Maybe if I had a Ural or something.

Put my snowboarding pants and jacket on for my ride today. I ride an hour from Brantford to Guelph to get to work and I was just fine. Turned my heated grips up to 75%, and the only thing that would help is a winter helmet. Mine has too much ventilation, so even with a balaclava on my face was getting blasted. It's going up to like 15C so screw it.....I'm not missing the nice part of the day. I'll keep riding until I don't feel safe. My gear works just fine.

I will get the K60 or TKC80 next. I also have the Scorpion EXO 900 motorcycle helmet which I have the heated visor to go with it, it is intended for snowmobiles but it works great.

Last edited:
Question..I got my m2(from the course) papers 60 days (tommrow).. Can I bring it on the 60th day to get my m2 or do I got to wait the day after ? Even tho it says 60 days waiting peroid ..friend said paper work might take one more day?

Wrong thread, post this in a new thread. Preferably in the new riders section.

Put my snowboarding pants and jacket on for my ride today. I ride an hour from Brantford to Guelph to get to work and I was just fine. Turned my heated grips up to 75%, and the only thing that would help is a winter helmet. Mine has too much ventilation, so even with a balaclava on my face was getting blasted. It's going up to like 15C so screw it.....I'm not missing the nice part of the day. I'll keep riding until I don't feel safe. My gear works just fine.
Must've been cozy. I did my 25 minute ride in my normal summer gear except with silk glove liners and the thermal liner in my perforated leather jacket. Thumb and middle finger on my right hand were completely numb when I rolled into work. Hard to dig my gate pass out of my back pocket with numb fingers in gloves, lol. Wonder if I'll ever get used to that pain of the feeling coming back.

Must've been cozy. I did my 25 minute ride in my normal summer gear except with silk glove liners and the thermal liner in my perforated leather jacket. Thumb and middle finger on my right hand were completely numb when I rolled into work. Hard to dig my gate pass out of my back pocket with numb fingers in gloves, lol. Wonder if I'll ever get used to that pain of the feeling coming back.

Well it was 0 when I left, and wind chill at 100 kph for an hour sucks.....I'm not screwing around! lol

I also have a great car with heated seats that calls my name every morning lately. I went to a fitness class at 6 and had to scrape thick ice off my window. It's too early for that! I drove the car there because the bike will wake everyone up and that's too early!

Well it was 0 when I left, and wind chill at 100 kph for an hour sucks.....I'm not screwing around! lol

I also have a great car with heated seats that calls my name every morning lately. I went to a fitness class at 6 and had to scrape thick ice off my window. It's too early for that! I drove the car there because the bike will wake everyone up and that's too early!
I had no ice and my weather app said it was 5C when I left. Although it said 2C when I got to work... This was at about 6am.

Still some beautiful riding weather. Threw some hotpaws gloves over my Kevlar gloves and wore jeans and a leather jacket and was nice and toasty when I got to school

Still some beautiful riding weather. Threw some hotpaws gloves over my Kevlar gloves and wore jeans and a leather jacket and was nice and toasty when I got to school

What about boots?

How do people who ride in the winter deal with salt?
I'm on two wheels year round (on a bicycle). Last year I rode through the winter and my shocks seized and had to repack hubs on both wheels. Brake pads were rusted away. Chain completely wore down. I washed + lubed the bike after every ride.
I can't imagine performing any of that maintenance on the motorcycle after every ride. Especially since I can't just wash it down in cold water, take off the chain and clean + grease it easily. Maybe this winter I will take my motorcycle out on a few nice sunny winter days but I'm not sure what that will do to all the moving parts.

That's the problem right there. It's not a boat. Don't wash the bike with water after each ride.

I actually had the opposite. When I lived in the country outside Guelph I found that the roads were much more likely to be clear on some days in the middle of the winter. Once I moved to Toronto the roads have snow/ice on them almost all winter. The city rarely plows any residential roads around my place and since everything is more dense the roads rarely get any sun so they don't melt clear, either.

When I lived out there I'd generally find a good day to ride about once a month through the winter, at least. Salt wasn't a concern to me because I'd just rust proof the snot out of my bike. New bike is a little more unique so I'm a bit more hesitant.

I wont argue that one bit...My street never gets plowed. It makes for some good times trying to get from my house to the main road around the corner.

Absolutely love my Powerlet Heated Jacket and Gerbing T5 heated gloves.... I'm happy as a clam.

The only issue is my Glasses fogging up like crazy (even with the Foggy)

Time for contacts :/

Absolutely love my Powerlet Heated Jacket and Gerbing T5 heated gloves.... I'm happy as a clam.

The only issue is my Glasses fogging up like crazy (even with the Foggy)

Time for contacts :/

You dont know what you're missing...I was so anti contacts for so long. But now that I've switched and gotten used to them I couldn't ride without them anymore. Glasses under the helmet was always such a pain.

Back
Top Bottom