when does every one stop riding?? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

Had to return my nice insulated leather gloves halfway through of the season due to ripping and am waiting to the motorcycle show to pick up some new ones.

My solution this year has been a pare of dollar store wool gloves under some old leathers. Been working surprisingly well at keeping the chill down on my hands but its getting way to cold on the old GS.

Not to mention that i like my little GS as a casual bike. Pair of jeans a jacket, gloves is all I like to ride in. Having to have layers and feeling like i'm wearing a snow suit is a bit of pain in the *** on this bike.

Going to be picking some of these for me and the wife next season.

http://thermo-chip.ca/t_gloves.html
What I've come to realise is that if I wear windproof gear its more comfortable. When it gets cold, I wear windproof ballistic nylon, no more leather. I picked up a cheap Teknic windproof gloves & it work wonders. Plus I ditch the jeans & get a windproof pants. Wind goes through the jeans in this weather

What I've come to realise is that if I wear windproof gear its more comfortable. When it gets cold, I wear windproof ballistic nylon, no more leather. I picked up a cheap Teknic windproof gloves & it work wonders. Plus I ditch the jeans & get a windproof pants. Wind goes through the jeans in this weather

The only leather gear i have is my boots and gloves. riding pants and touring jacket keep my toast regardless of the weather. Just the extremities i have issues with ATM. What gloves do yo have?

The only leather gear i have is my boots and gloves. riding pants and touring jacket keep my toast regardless of the weather. Just the extremities i have issues with ATM. What gloves do yo have?
Don't know. I know they're Teknic. I bought them on sale for cheap but quite happy with it. Windproof & water proof. Fleece insulated too.

I used to wear snowboarding gloves. Those work too, if you can't afford multiple pairs of gloves

Don't know. I know they're Teknic. I bought them on sale for cheap but quite happy with it. Windproof & water proof. Fleece insulated too.

I used to wear snowboarding gloves. Those work too, if you can't afford multiple pairs of gloves

I will look them up if i can get a size to big that will fit my future heated liner sounds like it will be ideal.

I will look them up if i can get a size to big that will fit my future heated liner sounds like it will be ideal.
I got them at Royal, if that helps. Probably $30

45efda4db6e07dc2f7f0db8dbb193bca.jpg

Still out

Still riding here too. I commute for an hour each way on country highways.....I'm dressed for snowboarding except with my riding boots and leather gauntlets. Anything less that what I was wearing and I would have froze. You city guys with short rides have it easy! lol

Shoutout to everyone still riding! But yea it's cold as **** and had snow a couple times down here but ima wait a couple more weeks if possible before I put away..I have no garage tho so I have to keep it in my friends underground parking

Shoutout to everyone still riding! But yea it's cold as **** and had snow a couple times down here but ima wait a couple more weeks if possible before I put away..I have no garage tho so I have to keep it in my friends underground parking

If you plan to park it in an underground parking garage for the whole winter, please for the love of god, get theft insurance... Just in case..

If you plan to park it in an underground parking garage for the whole winter, please for the love of god, get theft insurance... Just in case..

Yea unfortunately it's my only option I got theft tho.. And will often check on it and buy a heavy duty chain

I got this setup

Gerbings.jpg

plus this:

gerbing_innerglove_l.jpg

It is nice and toasty when I ride.

I stop when there is snow on the ground

^ I have similar, and heated insoles. Anything over 0C is ridable, as long as the road is dry.

It's only cold if you don't dress properly, get the proper gear and you can ride most of the year. You don't see snowmobiler's complaining about he cold.

I guess I'll stick with the Burgman in the colder days as really don't want to deal with cold feet.

Both bikes have heated grips and about the same wind protection up top.

Just my boots get cold on the Wee.

I was actually thinking about wrapping some insulating tape on the clutch of the Wee....bloody aluminum is cold on the finger tips.

Still out. Until the snow and salt flies, gentlemen. Looks like we might have another week in Toronto.

Rode today. A trip to Ducati Peninsula for a transmission problem. Heated jacket and gloves. Was gorgeous.

This is my first year of riding and I was wondering when does everyone stop riding? Due to the ****** weather like frozen roads and frost? Mid November or late November ? I'm riding all October I know that for sure

Well Toronto and York Region starting dumping liquid brine on the highways and some of the side streets this past weekend.
Looks like riding is coming to a swift end unless the rain cleans it up (and the city does not drop any more of this crap).

I got this setup

Gerbings.jpg

plus this:

gerbing_innerglove_l.jpg

It is nice and toasty when I ride.

I stop when there is snow on the ground

Heated gear is awesome, should have bought it a long time ago. I'm running Firstgear socks and pant liners, Warm N Safe jacket liner, Gerbing T5 gloves, and a Warm N Safe wireless troller (infinitely better than the Gerbing wired one, no comparison). Great setup, have cruised all day long down to 5C without getting chilly which says a lot for me.

Still commute every day and do longer rides on the weekends. Bike isn't going to sleep until they put a heavy layer of salt on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom