when does every one stop riding?? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

Normally when I see the salters out i will considering parking it for a bit. I have not fully put it away in years however. Always a few nice clear winter days...

NOT EVERYBODY stops.

Some people ride all 12 months.

I know a few.

I see this posted here a lot, and I am not doubting anyone, but I never see anyone riding when there's snow on the ground. Where are these people? I have been known to go for rides on those occasions when the temps go up, and the roads are dry. But I don't consider that winter riding.

I see this posted here a lot, and I am not doubting anyone, but I never see anyone riding when there's snow on the ground. Where are these people? I have been known to go for rides on those occasions when the temps go up, and the roads are dry. But I don't consider that winter riding.

They're out riding their motorcycles not worrying about being seen. Spend enough time on the road and you will see us eventually. Especially in and around the city.

They're out riding their motorcycles not worrying about being seen. Spend enough time on the road and you will see us eventually. Especially in and around the city.

Yeah, ok. I've been in the city for decades. I think I have seen one (1) scooter in downtown Toronto in January in all that time. Feel free to post a GoPro vid of yourself tearing up the snowy Brampton roads on your Softie this January. Many here would like to see that. Maybe you'll start a trend. :lmao:

Yeah, ok. I've been in the city for decades. I think I have seen one (1) scooter in downtown Toronto in January in all that time. Feel free to post a GoPro vid of yourself tearing up the snowy Brampton roads on your Softie this January. Many here would like to see that. Maybe you'll start a trend. :lmao:

Will do...but I generally ride my 750 in the colder months. Some of us dont own anything other than motorcycles so we deal with what we got.

Riding all year round does not necessarily mean we ride in the snow, even though I have done some of that in the parking lot. The roads are generally free of snow most of the times.

Riding all year round does not necessarily mean we ride in the snow, even though I have done some of that in the parking lot. The roads are generally free of snow most of the times.

This I totally get. But there are some that said that they will ride with snow as well. I just wish I was that hardcore.
Stupid question: Do they have snow rated tires for bikes? And I would also think that the bikes that are being ridden regularly through the winter are of the dual sport variety?

I would say my cutoff is when they salt the roads. Not dealing with that :\

Tonight! Rode from Hamilton to Brantford. Froze my arse off.

This I totally get. But there are some that said that they will ride with snow as well. I just wish I was that hardcore.
Stupid question: Do they have snow rated tires for bikes?

Yes. Any tire with M+S rating is for mud and snow. Continental TKC 80 comes to mind.

Yes. Any tire with M+S rating is for mud and snow. Continental TKC 80 comes to mind.

mmmm continental TKC 80's...gotta get me another set soon. The only Contis Ill ever put on my bike.

mmmm continental TKC 80's...gotta get me another set soon. The only Contis Ill ever put on my bike.

TKC 80's come in sizes to fit jap bikes listed in your signature. Do you?

TKC 80's come in sizes to fit jap bikes listed in your signature. Do you?

They most definitely do. You can get them in a 180/55 B / 120/70. First time I saw them on a jap bike was on a 600RR ridden by someone I follow on facebook. Cool dude who lives in Alaska and rides most of the year.

I used to ride all winter going to Uni in St. Catherines

Had some cool slides - bikes were different then - pick up - ride on.

I'll ride anytime no snow or slush...not last year tho......that was a hell of a winter and I missed most of it.

JUst hold off on the cold til I get back from WV...

meanwhile 20 tomorrow :D

be vicarious

Just breath taking day in West Virginia- must have been incredible a few weeks back

still was a fab day and a few bits of colour left

Mind you none of this shows the occasional gale force winds at ridge and mountain tops

Coal mine hidden in a valley - love the juxtaposition with the windmills

small town America in one?? ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I used to never stop riding, then i moved to Brooklin, once you go north of Steels the snow never ends. ... maybe i am just getting older, riding to work tomorrow through

Who doesn't love a coal mine juxtaposed with a windmill? Never gets old.

How do people who ride in the winter deal with salt?
I'm on two wheels year round (on a bicycle). Last year I rode through the winter and my shocks seized and had to repack hubs on both wheels. Brake pads were rusted away. Chain completely wore down. I washed + lubed the bike after every ride.
I can't imagine performing any of that maintenance on the motorcycle after every ride. Especially since I can't just wash it down in cold water, take off the chain and clean + grease it easily. Maybe this winter I will take my motorcycle out on a few nice sunny winter days but I'm not sure what that will do to all the moving parts.

Back
Top Bottom