What are your lap times? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your lap times?

I haven't been here in a while.. but this thread could be fun!!!

TMP
SV650 - 1:15.9
600 - 1:13.3

Mosport
SV650 - 1:32.2
600 - 1:25.7
1000 - 1:24.6

Shannonville Pro
SV650 - 1:10.7
600 - 1:07.8

Can't remember other shannonville configs... and the MYLAPS website sucks sooo bad (and has for years)

Is there any sort of prize for this thread??? Gotta be!!! THIS IS ALL I HAVE :(

PS: All you guys doing 1:25+ at TMP should have your mom ride around with your lap timer turned on so you will have something decent to show your buddies!!!

PPS: I guess I am "the ***" you mentioned hehehe...

Last edited:
**** those are awesome sv times! I've got some work to do I guess. I'm not Pro yet, not even AM. haha

What do i win??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay since I don't track anymore figured I'd throw my TMP times up here... with a little advice.
Rode a 2003 R1 ... to reach this lap time I needed to learn as much about bike set-up as possible! My times where low 16's/15s and were reached gradually after lots of adjustments to the bike and my riding style over 2 years of learning. At this pace there was probably a few more things I could have done to improve lap times but I think the bike and my rider skill level on that bike had reached its limit with out throwing some serious money at it.
Here's the advice part... take your time getting there, pay close attention to what the fast guys are saying, don't skimp out on tires and learn to set-up your suspension yourself.
Have fun!

Hoping Fort Erie gets built!!!

2el8hat.jpg

Last edited:
I swear I couldn't find a similar thread, interested to know what is considered fast at different tracks around here. Here's mine, but since I've been only to TMP (and just a few times only), my times are modest: personal best 1:24, consistently 1:26. A lot more understanding and things to emphasize on collected during the winter, combined with better and more reliable equipment, I'm planning on achieving 1:20 this summer.

If you also have info, post what the record at any track is, or if you know somebody who did such and such times, etc.

Sorry I have never run TMP.

2012 was my second year of track. I started when I was 46.

Shannonville Long. I was happy when I broke the 2 00 mark with a 1 59 this year on a stock R6. I struggled with the roughness of the carousel. I think the track record is 1 43 8.

Shannonville Fabi. 1 15. As always the end of the straight is when I lose a lot of my time. Again I think the track record is 1 02 5.

CTMP. In 2011 I thought I was at my limit with a constant 2 00. Then in Aug 2012 my 14 year old ran a 1 50 on a CBR250 so I had to pick my game up and managed a 1 35. I think the track record is 1 20 or 21.

Getting my bike suspension better set by Harold S was key for me.

I look forward to 2013 and shaving some more seconds off.

Shannonville Long. I was happy when I broke the 2 00 mark with a 1 59 this year on a stock R6. I struggled with the roughness of the carousel.

Take a late/wide entry, let it hang out a bit in the early part of the carousel and then dive for the apex mid-turn. You can go over or around the concrete patch but either way is a bit risky and you'll be off-line.

2:00 at SMPLT is kind of the barrier for a lot of track day riders. You need to have suspension and you need to have guts to get past it. There's lots more time you can shave off, but your bike will be moving around a lot, and that gets people twitchy.

Back
Top Bottom