What are your lap times? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your lap times?

My best at TMP was 1:26 and average when pushing was 1:28 :) For this year I got an iPod Touch 4th Gen, Harry's Lap Timer Pro and Emprum UltiMate 5hz GPS receiver. Hopefully when I figure out my braking issue I'll be able to shave a few seconds off!

Hopefully see ya at TMP again Corsara, we had some good battles last year :D

-Jamie M.

Clearly not everyone here are racers. So, to get consistent lap times, i would expect you're running in the Red group or racing. Lap times are important for self improvement.....equally as important is a log of the conditions and settings....no point in having a result without knowing how and why you got there!! No point in frantically doing nothing!!

Btw....a 600 is almost as fast as a 1000 on most of our tracks!!

Fun thread.I loaned my XT to a friend with a 900duc at Mosport a few yrs ago.He races vrra very sucessfully.He did a few sessions and came back with the time and said,"thanks Ric...but it doesn't work.All the times on here are yours."I showed him the time of day for all the laps and he was really heartbroken.
That timer is somewhere in the gravel trap in T1 at Bogie.I won't be getting another.Waste of money.

Holy moly, that's a lot of flaming. haha...

I bought a lap timer a few years ago because I wasn't riding with any close friends at the track and needed something to keep me motivated. Also I wanted to know if I'd be wasting my time if I decided to try racing. Now that a bunch of friends got into track riding it's a lot more fun, regardless of times, but I'm still trying to improve my times. On a very technical track like SMP Long it's good to break the track down into sections and try different lines per session to see how it affects your times. Sometimes a lap that felt fast may not be fast, and vice versa.

Anyway, last year I did a 1:22.6 at TMP on my SV650. The session where I did this I was dropping my lap time by about 0.3 per lap (I had lots of room, no traffic, for maybe 6 laps in a row). I got down to a 1:59.9 on SMP Long also. Same thing, each lap was about 0.3 lower than the one before, so I knew I was heading in the right direction with my choices that session.

I'm sorry if you felt slapped by a flapping c**k, I assure you it wasn't mine. My times at TMP are far from fast.

No pride hurtin' here, lol, don't be shy boys (we already know the lady won't own a timer anytime soon).

I said "I think he's implying". Not that's what I think. Calm yourself.

I was just goofing around and poking fun at the thread title. Since everyone is getting so "why so serious":

TMP fastest was slightly over 1:20-21 last august, but more consistent in the 1:22-23 range that day (I go to TMP once a year for the GTAM track day)
GBM depends on the config, I think fastest on Technical was 1:15 before I took the Racer 5 Stage 5 course; and Screaming Alien was 1:10 on the GPS timer (3 seconds better than practice day).

Im going to disagree with most that have posted on here. A lap timer can be the best way to drop you times.

I fully agree with Snipes.

Timers can help people drop times consistently, especially GPS based timers where you can section off track points (then you'll realize you may be fast in one zone but dead slow in another) and can help you identify where you need to improve.

Last edited:
Lap times aren't very useful, unless you're trying to put someone in their place;
"I'm awesome, I did a 1:00 flat on my superbike!
- Uhhh, so? I know a guy who did 0:50 on a vespa"

I did a 10:22 lap around TMP on a Skatebaord

If I didn't have a lap timer, I don't think I'd be doing track days anymore. 90% of the on-track fun for me is the attempt to get lower lap and intermediate times.

And, so far, I've been able to go faster year after year...

Ravo you wanker it used to be about beating the rest of us. Pack away your skirt and get back to racing, wont need the lap timer anymore.

My best at TMP was 1:19 in June of 2012. I went back to TMP in August to try and shake off the effects of bad crash and Could barely crack 1:25's. I'm excited for riding season this year and new timing for GBM!

Lap timers are a great tool for learning, you can usually find good used ones too.

Somewhere between 1.20 and 2.18

I did a 6 second lap at TMP once. Some bone head put up a second beacon. Haha

Back
Top Bottom