West Side Riders (Etobicoke) (Easy Pace) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

West Side Riders (Etobicoke) (Easy Pace)

Damn buddy GWS. You just started riding this season didn't you? Hope you start riding again sometime

Thanks brother. I'm getting back on the steel horse. Sooner than later I hope. Legs are starting to feel better so that means back to work too. And yeah this is officially my first season though I rose for a few months last year as well. Thanks again :)

Back in the saddle -

Well, sort of.

I made a full recovery in only a week after my accident on the 8th. Insurance says its my fault but the guy cut me off and slammed his brakes. I gave him
2 car lengths but it wasn't enough. :(

Now I am forced to buy another 250, as insurance will not go up for the remainder of the term but will upon renewal. Trouble is I have to get it within 30 days or my policy gets cancelled and they will refuse to insure me again.

Choices... :( not many.

So I will be getting into a CBR this time. If anyone wants to ride I should be up and running by next week but I'd like to keep it to the city and keep off the highways- got some serious PTSD still ping on.

Cheers,
T

Great to hear you're coming back buddy!

You getting a cbr250? I'm down to ride alongside you on some streets!

Never will forget how awesome the motorcycling community really is. For that reason alone I couldn't easily give up on riding. Just have to be smarter, and learn from my experience.

I will ride only on roads for the next couple years. I need to gain that experience.

As for my bike, you bet man. But I'll let the pictures do the talking. :)

4ac609a8-ff44-ce83.jpg

4ac609a8-ff57-e84a.jpg

4ac609a8-ff73-76e2.jpg

4ac609a8-ff82-467c.jpg

4ac609a8-ff8f-8c13.jpg

My bike had to be specially ordered as black and abs together are tricky to find.

But it will look identical to this one.

Expecting next week, would love to start cruising again! :)

Happy to hear you have recovered so quickly!
And...nice new bike!

Yeah sorry about your spill, and glad to hear you are bouncing back so well. Take it easy and build the confidence. I had a similar accident in a car a few years back and never forgave the wanker who cut me off with no signal. Give some feedback on the cbr250 when you've put up some miles. They look sweet

Means a lot, thanks to all for the GWS's- couldn't have imagined being part of a better community than this.

The bike does look really great. I'm going to miss the chubbier feel of the ninja, however I am excited to see the ABS on a bike of this displacement and also lookin forward to the easy cold starts with EFI.

As for the looks, I have already ordered an install of new grips (black with blue accents; progrip) and blue rim tape to be done with my PDI. Hope the blue tape looks good on silver- may powder coat the rims if anything.

Other than that I am looking for a more comfortable seat, an extended touring windscreen (heard Honda Taiwan has some) and 3 piece luggage as id love to hit some back roads and do some light touring.

Will let you guys know how it works out. Other than some light physio I am feeling much better and have returned to work.

Thanks again, see you all on the road :) and if you wanna boot around town drop me a line (PM) I'll get it right away on my phone. Leave your cell and we'll link up. :)

Cheers :)

Tom250

I'm glad you're doing well and back on the saddle. You're indeed a lucky man. Please be safe thus time around. The cager was a reckless idiot, but we need to anticipate the unexpected.

Well said sir. I try to learn at every opportunity. But I think I have an angel watching over me. That could have been so much worse.

Do not trust the angels they are fickle, Head up, watch the speed and ride your limits no one elses. I would be up for a few early fall mini tours, let me know if you want to go west of TO somewhere or down through Niagara. Cheers

For you perhaps. But I wouldn't be here on several occasions if not for them. Nevertheless I hear ya. Gotta be safe.

seems like mother nature doesn't like me today , just got out and started pouring ...​

Last edited:
seems like mother nature doesn't like me today , just got out and started pouring ...​

I know the feeling man. Lately I've been lucky. But last month before my accident I went out and it was beautiful. After I got my gear on and hopped on the bike the garage door opens to reveal a thunderstorm. Fml.

Well been riding since early August again. Gonna be done work at 6- anyone wanna just meet up for a coffee at a tims near Martin grove and westway area?

Back
Top Bottom