Weather | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

23 degrees this thurs :)

too bad I have to work, but they're showing 20 and sunny for saturday, that may be my first long ride of the year. Now where to go? maybe up to haliburton or bancroft.
Roads are still covered in sand. Havent seen a sweeper out yet. Ride safe.

23 degrees this thurs :)

too bad I have to work, but they're showing 20 and sunny for saturday, that may be my first long ride of the year. Now where to go? maybe up to haliburton or bancroft.
I'm off to Porcupine on Friday. Friend just told me there us still snowpack on some roads, the house still has 4' covering the yard, and they are still icefishing on 16"

I'm off to Porcupine on Friday. Friend just told me there us still snowpack on some roads, the house still has 4' covering the yard, and they are still icefishing on 16"
A view from my deck in Porc this morning... hoping it's all gone by the time I get there Friday.

Attachments

• porc.jpeg
    porc.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 32
Nice day to get out for a run. Saw quite a few bikes. Suprisingly Mussellman's lake was still frozen over.

My deck is white with snow, just barely.

This morning on my way to work.....
a27680ae7beb7ab246a079b8c416faa6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Whst a change from the weekend. I was in Porcupine on Saturday, it hit 31c, that is higher than any temp over the entire 2022.

Had to get sunscreen because my face was burning from the bright sun.

Kinda cool watching kids having fun on jetskis... they were dodging giant icebergs on the breakup of the Matagami River.

I was on the motorcycle today to get to work
Was too cold for a bicycle commute.

#thankgodforheatedgrips

I was on the motorcycle today to get to work
Was too cold for a bicycle commute.

#thankgodforheatedgrips
I rode to work too. 80km return, the ice pellets were stingy on my face coming home tonight.

I see the weather here is still pretty chit, was away for a just over a week hoping the return had better weather here.

Europe, Spain the weather was perfect every day, 18 - 23.

Weather was nicer ish yesterday. Sun was out a bit so kept me warmmmm. Sure there were one or 2 snow squalls but it wasn't horrible

I forgot how cold it gets when the sun goes down this time of the year. Glad I wasn't out in the dark too long. Burrrr..

I forgot how cold it gets when the sun goes down this time of the year. Glad I wasn't out in the dark too long. Burrrr..
I worked outside sub-zero for years, and I regularly play on my sled at -25. Until the air temp hits 0C, I’m in Margaritaville.

I worked outside sub-zero for years, and I regularly play on my sled at -25. Until the air temp hits 0C, I’m in Margaritaville.

Yeah, but you're probably not wearing the same gear in -25 as you are for +25. I think his point is that there's a wide temperature range this time of year, and if you're caught with your pants down, it sucks - especially on the highway with maximum wind chill.

Yeah, but you're probably not wearing the same gear in -25 as you are for +25. I think his point is that there's a wide temperature range this time of year, and if you're caught with your pants down, it sucks - especially on the highway with maximum wind chill.
Yes exactly. I'm still riding around with my mesh jacket. Even with my liner, after dark the the wind chill on the bike is cold. I guess I'll have to bring out the other jacket or bring both on rides.

I have no fear of cold, skiied for years in all temps down to -40 at the top of Mt Tremblant, was sunny though.

Yes exactly. I'm still riding around with my mesh jacket. Even with my liner, after dark the the wind chill on the bike is cold. I guess I'll have to bring out the other jacket or bring both on rides.

I have no fear of cold, skiied for years in all temps down to -40 at the top of Mt Tremblant, was sunny though.

When I was using my mesh jacket at this time of year, I'd pack my heater liner instead of the one that came with it. It's not much bulkier, and gives me the option to plug it in if the wind break isn't enough.

Certainly a lot more crisp out there this morning compared to recently, more Oct like I guess.

Back
Top Bottom