We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 55 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

anyone have experience with a TRS-25 red dot?

It's a workhorse and a reliable backup sight for me. Can run it on just about anything. What do you wanna run it on?

If someone wants your firearms there are better ways to find out what you own and even where you live besides this thread.

I doubt someone will risk up to life in prison to steal a pathetic .22

I'm not talking about a .22 reading this tread I know what certain people own. Criminals steal guns all the time.

I could tell you exactly how someone would do it, but I don't want to put that out there. Just ask yourself (everyone here) could someone read this forum and easily find where I live? Do they know what kind of guns I own? I'm probably a little more cautious then most but hey do what you want

the official answer

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/trans-eng.htm

and why stop asking questions, just because a few bad or sarcastic answers, skip over them and find the ones that are proper, there is nothing wrong with asking......

at least you got it delivered to you and you were at home to take delivery, had you not been and had to pick it up at the post office,,,,you would be calling for a temp ATT to take your package from the post office to home, and you are responsible to know what is in the package, and actually responsible to insure it's secured properly, and transported according to the laws we have, now if that is not a joke, I don't know what is.....but it's the laws we have, give this some thought.....

I'm a little confused about the last part of your post, why would it be your responsibility to know whats in the package and get a STATT for it?? I have read a lot of different opinions about this, is there a law that specifies this??

I'm a little confused about the last part of your post, why would it be your responsibility to know whats in the package and get a STATT for it?? I have read a lot of different opinions about this, is there a law that specifies this??

Because you are the one who ordered it, so it's up to you to know what your going to go and pickup and take home.....

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/trans-eng.htm

Q. Do I need authorization to transport my firearms from one location to another? Any time you personally transport a restricted or prohibited firearm within Canada, you need an Authorization to Transport (ATT) from the Chief Firearms Officer of the province where the firearm is located or where it will be entering Canada. You do not need an ATT for firearms that are being shipped by licensed carrier or for non-restricted firearms that you are transporting yourself.

Does it make sense, yes and no, but it is what it is, do we all follow it, couldn't answer that, should we, well according to the laws we have, yes.....

it comes down to the law of transporting a firearm, and according to the law, your supposed to know what is in the package you are picking up, you are to open the package there and then, and insure it's ready for transport as set out by the laws we have

Transporting Firearms Safely

Non-restricted firearms

Non-restricted firearms must be unloaded during transportation.
Restricted and prohibited firearms

• Unload the firearms; and
  • Attach secure locking devices to the firearms; and
  • Lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container; and
  • Remove the bolts or bolt carriers from any automatic firearms (if removable).
  • Obtain an Authorization to Transport (call
    call_skype_logo.png
    1-800-731-4000).

Please don't shoot the messenger, I think the whole thing is a joke as well, especially if you have multiple packages being delivered on a daily or weekly basis, how is one to keep track of which package is actually the one with the firearm......

Believe me, I would bet that 99 percent of us don't follow the above.......

So there really is no way to transport it and follow the law even if you get an ATT because I don't imagine it gets shipped with a trigger lock in a locked container??

great laws we have here...

on a different note my RPAL was approved last week and I've been finding myself running to check the mail every day as soon as I get home from work like a little kid that runs downstairs on Christmas morning......anyone else done that?

So there really is no way to transport it and follow the law even if you get an ATT because I don't imagine it gets shipped with a trigger lock in a locked container??

great laws we have here...

on a different note my RPAL was approved last week and I've been finding myself running to check the mail every day as soon as I get home from work like a little kid that runs downstairs on Christmas morning......anyone else done that?

yes, you would open the package at the post office, and do the steps required for transport as per the transport laws quoted above....

Yah, stupid laws

or

Just do like the 99 percent of people do (I would imagine), get your package, put it in the trunk, or somewhere it's not visible, and go home, once home open package and enjoy the addition to your collection.......

Congrats on your RPAL.....

Congrats on the RPAL.

On to more bi+ching!! Today is day 14 of waiting for a transfer. I don't know if they hate me over there or what. Really discouraged to buy anything used any more. Gonna call the CFO today and see what the deal is. Anyone else having this problem??

I've waited upwards of 5 weeks for Ontario transfers back in the day. Sometimes its 3 days, sometimes its a month... just gotta roll with it.

yes, you would open the package at the post office, and do the steps required for transport as per the transport laws quoted above....

Yah, stupid laws

or

Just do like the 99 percent of people do (I would imagine), get your package, put it in the trunk, or somewhere it's not visible, and go home, once home open package and enjoy the addition to your collection.......

Congrats on your RPAL.....

What do you think will happen if you open up a package at the post office and a soccer mom sees you pull out a handgun and start putting a trigger lock on it?

What do you think will happen if you open up a package at the post office and a soccer mom sees you pull out a handgun and start putting a trigger lock on it?

Nothing should happen......you are following the law as stated.....to frikken bad for the soccer mom and her paranoia.....

Done it a few times, no one even knew what I was doing, including the clerks at the counter, it's all on how you want to do it

Now if your worried about the cops, well by the time you open the package, trigger lock, if need be, it should already be on, put in case, walk out, get in car, and leave, cops wouldn't have even shown up.....and on top of all that, your following the law, so what should happen ?

but like I said, most don't follow and usually there is never an issue......but you would be in more trouble, as opposed to getting soccer mom's panties in a knot.....

Maybe educate the soccer mom if she is putting up a fuss

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the BS laws, unfortunately we are asked to follow them.....by how much is up to each individual....

Last edited:
Nothing should happen......you are following the law as stated.....to frikken bad for the soccer mom and her paranoia.....

Done it a few times, no one even knew what I was doing, including the clerks at the counter, it's all on how you want to do it

Now if your worried about the cops, well by the time you open the package, trigger lock, if need be, it should already be on, put in case, walk out, get in car, and leave, cops wouldn't have even shown up.....and on top of all that, your following the law, so what should happen ?

but like I said, most don't follow and usually there is never an issue......but you would be in more trouble, as opposed to getting soccer mom's panties in a knot.....

Maybe educate the soccer mom if she is putting up a fuss

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the BS laws, unfortunately we are asked to follow them.....by how much is up to each individual....

You pulled a handgun out of a box, inside a post office, and nobody noticed?

I seriously doubt that.

And cops will show up in 30 seconds flat when someone calls in a gun inside a post office. The response would be overwhelming and you'd have a lot of explaining to do.

I seriously doubt that.
And cops will show up in 30 seconds flat when someone calls in a gun inside a post office. The response would be overwhelming and you'd have a lot of explaining to do.

Open box reach in apply the trigger lock pull it out and wrapping in some of the packing material and place it in your case.. You could even Explain to the person at the counter what you will be doing first to Minimise any potential issues. Its not like he's pulling it out and waving it around.

Last edited:
Open box reach in apply the trigger lock. Explain to the person at the counter what you will be doing first to Minimise and potential issues. Its not like he's pulling it out and waving it around.

Seems weird and an unnecessary situation to put yourself in. I'd take the package home and be done with it. Whens the last time you were pulled over and searched? For that matter, when is the last time a cop opened your mail? :lol: I get a lot of packages, half the time I don't know whats inside until I open it.

Explain to a postal employee that Im about to unpack a handgun??? Hell no. Most people have no clue that handguns are even legal.

Seems weird and an unnecessary situation to put yourself in. I'd take the package home and be done with it. Whens the last time you were pulled over and searched? For that matter, when is the last time a cop opened your mail? :lol: I get a lot of packages, half the time I don't know whats inside until I open it.

Explain to a postal employee that Im about to unpack a handgun??? Hell no. Most people have no clue that handguns are even legal.

Mail employees would should have knowledge out shipping of firearms. Just explain you had a restricted weapon gun delivered and you have to open the box to apply and trigger lock and put in a secure case for transport. They will understand might even let you do it in a backroom if they are worried about other customers being uncomfortable. You can also probably do it in your even car

And you are right you probably wont get caught just taking it home. But given the penalties I would you not risk it. Its not like the occasions i right without my wallet to pop out for a second.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt that.

yes I did, and I am still here to tell you about it, the world did not end, the cops did not show up, no one ran and screamed "the guy has a gun"

30 seconds really.....don't tell me they are walking up behind me as I repackage it....I don't think so

please don't be the soccer mom.....

and even if they did, there is not a lot of explaining to do, I am following the law as I should be

Open box reach in apply the trigger lock pull it out and wrapping in some of the packing material and place it in your case.. You could even Explain to the person at the counter what you will be doing first to Minimise any potential issues. Its not like he's pulling it out and waving it around.

Exactly.....

post office workers know that firearms are sent via canada post, why would they even bat an eye if one is in a package, and your prepping it for proper transport...

your not there to show the whole place the contents of what you have come to pickup

and yes you can do it discretely.....

it's a pistol, not a long gun.......

Last edited:
It's a workhorse and a reliable backup sight for me. Can run it on just about anything. What do you wanna run it on?

saw one on the EE for $75. Seller said it was mint, but I didn't know a thing about them.
Posted here, did some review searches online. But within an hour of posting on the EE, it sold.

I had an interesting discussion about guns, sport shooting and gun legislation with a fellow traveler at the AMS airport, while we were waiting in line to go through security. No issues at all :cool: The worst disservice we can do to ourselves is to turn into social lepers.

Back
Top Bottom