Video of Toronto Police acting like thugs | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video of Toronto Police acting like thugs

Lmfao, I can't believe how you people go on about this,one person sent it to the mayors twitter, but I'm not surprised. The cops didn't do anything wrong, they didn't beat the guy, didn't threaten him,they just blocked his view. He was exercising his right to video,and they were exercising their right to stand in public.

Harassment can be hard to define but their attitude is as good as it gets.

Cops are paid to perform their duties, not waste time looking like monkeys.

A professional police officer would (If there was a concern over some juvenile issue) have politely asked the camera guy to stop recording for a minute while he explained the situation. An intelligent camera guy would have done the right thing and youtube would be without another boring police car picture.

BTW in a "Hold your ground" state a person with an inherited suntan and no badge could easily get shot for that sort of attitude.

Toronto Police don't like video. The question to ask the Chief (and the Mayor) is, why? Anything to hide?

And people wonder why there are so many FTP's with the younger crowd.

My opinion....and only my opinion is the FTP crowd isn't actually FTP...they just act like it when they're on camera, YT, or forums such as this one.

If it came down to it in real life, they'd **** their pants as soon as the cops came kicking in their door.

Do I think the cops were being **********...yes...but also don't see why the guy was filming two guys getting arrested in what seemed to be a pretty calm manner. Whatever, you're in public, no right to privacy. Don't pick your nose or scratch your ***...it'll be on YT.

My opinion....and only my opinion is the FTP crowd isn't actually FTP...they just act like it when they're on camera, YT, or forums such as this one.

If it came down to it in real life, they'd **** their pants as soon as the cops came kicking in their door.

Do I think the cops were being **********...yes...but also don't see why the guy was filming two guys getting arrested in what seemed to be a pretty calm manner. Whatever, you're in public, no right to privacy. Don't pick your nose or scratch your ***...it'll be on YT.

2 cents: The reason why the guy was recording video is not important. Maybe he had curiosity, maybe he wanted to capture an independent account of what was happening in his neighborhood. It doesn't matter, the activity is within his rights.

The oddity here is that the two officers tried to infringe his right to video record the incident. Why would the cops do that? Anything to hide?

2 cents: The reason why the guy was recording video is not important. Maybe he had curiosity, maybe he wanted to capture an independent account of what was happening in his neighborhood. It doesn't matter, the activity is within his rights.

The oddity here is that the two officers tried to infringe his right to video record the incident. Why would the cops do that? Anything to hide?

exactly. Furthermore police intimidating citizens participating in legal activities well within their rights should never be tolerated.

Where do the guy's rights end and the suspects' begin? That will give you your answer, but you don't seem to like it.

Sorry but I disagree. You know people don't videotape this stuff just for their own curiosity. They post this junk on YT to get likes and comments on their feeds.....you can defend this guy all you want. And yes, he is within his right to film out in public. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Especially if there doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

As mentioned earlier, why does he have the right to tape someone getting arrested and posting when it's 'innocent until proven guilty'.

How would you feel if you come home and your parents/friends/SO ask you 'So...why were you getting arrested? I saw it posted online and a friend sent me the link?'

Where do the guy's rights end and the suspects' begin? That will give you your answer, but you don't seem to like it.

They are in a public place the suspect has no rights against recording his/her image. Rights come into the broadcast and distribution of the image which if you fuzz the minors face is fine and legal to display.

Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Especially if there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. '

Thankfully some people do record when there doesn't seem to be a reason for it and end up capturing the reason. If nothing happened there would be no fuss about this video anymore than posting a video of people walking on the street or driving the neighbourhood which people do put up on youtube.

AdRath and Mimico Polak seem to have differing opinions. The real problem is that laws haven't kept up with technology. Computer memory used to be limited to a few stills now it's movies. Add in youtube, drones and the like and we need new guidelines as to what is legal and appropriate.

The guidelines will be out of date as soon as someone invents a new camera, device, website. Burkas for everyone.

Sorry, I am not clear on the rights of the suspect (person placed under arrest). In other words, what are you talking about? Do you think he has an expectation of privacy?

Sorry but I disagree. You know people don't videotape this stuff just for their own curiosity. They post this junk on YT to get likes and comments on their feeds.....you can defend this guy all you want. And yes, he is within his right to film out in public. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Especially if there doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

As mentioned earlier, why does he have the right to tape someone getting arrested and posting when it's 'innocent until proven guilty'.

How would you feel if you come home and your parents/friends/SO ask you 'So...why were you getting arrested? I saw it posted online and a friend sent me the link?'

I would feel MUCH better knowing that there is video of my arrest. What if the cops taser'd me for fun, and there was NO video?

Ultimately, video is keeping everybody honest.

Thankfully some people do record when there doesn't seem to be a reason for it and end up capturing the reason. If nothing happened there would be no fuss about this video anymore than posting a video of people walking on the street or driving the neighbourhood which people do put up on youtube.

So why is there a fuss again?

Sorry, I am not clear on the rights of the suspect (person placed under arrest). In other words, what are you talking about? Do you think he has an expectation of privacy?

I believe he does. Innocent until proven guilty. Last I checked that's our motto. Even if he's not found guilty of anything, if an employer / anyone important in their future sees it...there's no going back from that.

I think that today's world is changing faster than laws are keeping up with it, and we should have a right to privacy in our own right. Last thing I want/need is to have someone videotaping me because they're bored as I go outside in my underwear for my paper. Why does that person have the right to do that? Because they're bored and feel like posting? Will it change the world? Make them more popular? It's outright boredom that causes this.

Sure there are instances where videotaping an interaction with police, army, government, etc makes sense. But if I'm getting arrested / frisked by the cops, last thing I need or want is that video going online for all to see. The court of public opinion is brutal, swift, and does not give a **** about the suspect's innocence or guilt. That's why we have the court system.

nobbie48...yes I do have a diff opinion from AdRath and MS. But that's the way it is. Maybe I'm old school and still respect police as authority. Not sure, but I would never go out in public and start filming stuff like that because I have a right to do so. IMHO it's just not the proper/right/just thing to do. And in all honesty....I just don't care enough to videotape crap like that.

Same goes for people that pull out their smartphones to video/photo someone that's injured. I would go and try to HELP them, not tape them and post online about how messed up they are.

I would feel MUCH better knowing that there is video of my arrest. What if the cops taser'd me for fun, and there was NO video?

Ultimately, video is keeping everybody honest.

And if the video showed you antagonizing / attacking the cops before getting tasered? But then the first part got edited out because it looks better with just the second half?

I believe he does. Innocent until proven guilty. Last I checked that's our motto.

Only in the court of law. This isn't the court so that standard does not exist. Many news papers print the names of people who are arrested and charged long before the court has sorted it out. This is no different. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

Here is a link to What you can and can't photograph in Toronto with law references. It would also apply to video as its really just 24+ pictures/sec. Recording audio might open up a few other laws over photography but none would have effected this case.

http://ambientlight.ca/laws/overview/what-can-i-photograph/

Shooting Video in public spaces is something I come across often in my job so I am always aware of the rules.

Last edited:
And if the video showed you antagonizing / attacking the cops before getting tasered? But then the first part got edited out because it looks better with just the second half?

Mmmh, you are not reading what I'm posting. "Ultimately, video is keeping everybody honest". And I mean, EVERYBODY (big emphasis on “everybody”) . Video is there for the protection of the cops too.

If a suspect resists arrest, or attacks the cops, then we can look at the video, and it will justify the cops’ actions. The video will be there to make it plain and clear to anyone looking. Conclusion: Cops could also benefit from the technology. Unless they have something to hide.

Which is why I wondered how the video started. Something must have made the initial responding officers call for additional ones.

Guy making the video could have been "**** you don't arrest my buddies" where the cops told him to leave and he didn't so he decided to start filming then edited to depict the story you see and have people jumping to conclusions like seen on this forum.

STK646852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom