Video of Toronto Police acting like thugs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video of Toronto Police acting like thugs

I'm of two minds. On the one hand they were trying to prevent the guy from videotaping the suspects, on the other hand they were trying to prevent the guy from videotaping the suspects.

They didn't know at the time what the purpose of videotaping was. Imagine if the suspects mothers, friends or employers were to recognize them on the videotape. That could ruin their lives, even if they were innocent.

So, I believe we have to be careful here when passing judgement. We don't know the motives behind the players, only what we think they might be, or want them to be.

I'm of two minds. On the one hand they were trying to prevent the guy from videotaping the suspects, on the other hand they were trying to prevent the guy from videotaping the suspects.

They didn't know at the time what the purpose of videotaping was. Imagine if the suspects mothers, friends or employers were to recognize them on the videotape. That could ruin their lives, even if they were innocent.

So, I believe we have to be careful here when passing judgement. We don't know the motives behind the players, only what we think they might be, or want them to be.
those two low IQ ***** in the superbadass oakleys harassed that citizen for excersizing his right to record video. What difference does it make what their motive was? Besides, their motive was clear...to harass that citizen.

These guys need to get fired. Someone send the vid to their station. Thats ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

These guys need to get fired. Someone send the vid to their station. Thats ridiculous

Fired. Hahahahahahah. Cops beat and kill people every day on video and don't get fired.

Fired. Hahahahahahah. Cops beat and kill people every day and don't get fired.
Yeah thats a sad realization. And nothing will change if the people dont put the right kind of pressure on the police force.
The cops in that video are bullying the guy. Its ridiculous

I agree that we don't know the backstory to this, and there could be many factors at play, therefore it is hard to make a concrete claim on what is going on. However, growing up in scarborough, I have met countless police officers with this attitude of intimidation. Luckily, I know where to pick my battles. I give them the respect they don't deserve in exchange for not being ****ed with by the local PD.

Seriously, how hard is it to have tamperproof bodycams on all of our officers, at all times? I always hear about provacy issues for the police, but thats just semantics. Need to take a **** on duty? No prob! call dispatch and request it gets shut off for 10 mins (provide justification for the blackout period, along with a GPS tracker logging where you are disabling it). Once there is a camera on every cop, the culture of intimidation will deteriorate

Last edited:
Are they so hard up for recruits that they started hiring the Bloods and da Crips?
It's like getting jacked up by gangstas in a more polite way.
They were sure to mention they were there on very serious and dangerous business, can't be too careful when dealing with those evil, violent, marijuana criminal types. I blame Mexico. :rolleyes:

If cannabis was legal tomorrow, none of this would even have happened and nothing in the world would have changed regardless.
Public servants that care about you? Know the laws and your rights? Use common sense? Not anymore.
th

I wonder how the slaying of Sammy Yatim would have been portrayed if it hadn't been recorded.

From what I could see the recording would have been very boring if the two bullies had minded their own business.

lol Biggest pile of crap ... yet

I sent the video to the Mayor's twitter account, I won't hold my breath.
Yeah thats a sad realization. And nothing will change if the people dont put the right kind of pressure on the police force.
The cops in that video are bullying the guy. Its ridiculous

There wasn't anything to judge.. until those two goofs showed up. They made the video... without them showing up and acting the way they did... the video probably wouldn't have even been posted online.

You figure after the Sammy Yatim incident being prevalent in the news, officers would lay low on the stupidity and power tripping for a bit.

And all this for marijuana? 2 Squad cars and what 4 or 5 officers? What is this, Texas?

Last edited:
If you listen to what the cop is saying you get the impression they are video taped regularly by social justice warriors with vids uploaded and commented on, unfairly in their view. In that context, and with the fact that these two officers were foaming at the mouth, I'd have lowered the camera and walked away. Then re-start video taping from a different vantage point.

I agree that we don't know the backstory to this, and there could be many factors at play, therefore it is hard to make a concrete claim on what is going on. However, growing up in scarborough, I have met countless police officers with this attitude of intimidation. Luckily, I know where to pick my battles. I give them the respect they don't deserve in exchange for not being ****ed with by the local PD.

Seriously, how hard is it to have tamperproof bodycams on all of our officers, at all times? I always hear about provacy issues for the police, but thats just semantics. Need to take a **** on duty? No prob! call dispatch and request it gets shut off for 10 mins (provide justification for the blackout period, along with a GPS tracker logging where you are disabling it). Once there is a camera on every cop, the culture of intimidation will deteriorate

The problem with body cams is the fact they are an invasion of privacy as well for the general public. Think about it this way let’s say there are 1000 foot duty officers and they are all wearing cameras walking around Toronto that’s a hell of a lot of surveillance going on. Another negative would be after a violent crime let’s say an assault. Who is going to want to come forward and talk to police if they are so easy to identify later on? If police wore body cams they would be essentially digitally carding everyone they encountered. There is also the whole privacy thing when it comes to one’s household.

I worked at a bar for years and was videotaped non-stop by management and patrons. It’s incredible how many people will video tape an incident but as soon as you turn around with a camera in their face they have a problem with it.

My main point is how would you like to wear a body cam for 12 hours a day and what could be potentially done with all that footage?

For what I understand, the camera is only on when they have an interaction with the public and they have to let whomever they are interacting with know that they will be video taped... I am not sure if they have to ask for their permission to video tape or just inform them. I saw a report on it on CTVnews
The problem with body cams is the fact they are an invasion of privacy as well for the general public. Think about it this way let’s say there are 1000 foot duty officers and they are all wearing cameras walking around Toronto that’s a hell of a lot of surveillance going on. Another negative would be after a violent crime let’s say an assault. Who is going to want to come forward and talk to police if they are so easy to identify later on? If police wore body cams they would be essentially digitally carding everyone they encountered. There is also the whole privacy thing when it comes to one’s household.

I worked at a bar for years and was videotaped non-stop by management and patrons. It’s incredible how many people will video tape an incident but as soon as you turn around with a camera in their face they have a problem with it.

My main point is how would you like to wear a body cam for 12 hours a day and what could be potentially done with all that footage?

For what I understand, the camera is only on when they have an interaction with the public and they have to let whomever they are interacting with know that they will be video taped... I am not sure if they have to ask for their permission to video tape or just inform them. I saw a report on it on CTVnews

That is the problem. The technology is not there yet for it to be that simple. If they have to notify people then is "I didn't notify the perp I was dealing with about the camera so I didn't turn it on" acceptable? I feel its a simple case of they are damned if the do and damned if they don't.

My employer has over 20 cameras that follow everything we do does it bother me? No not at all because I don't do anything wrong.

Ah, so citizens can run around taping whoever they want without permission, but the police have to let people know,
or they might even have to ask permission first. What if the camera starts recording, before the person has been informed/asked?

Also, their cameras have software that can differentiate between an interaction with the public, and other things.
Your knowledge of this is quite impressive.

Shouldn't these people have to ask the people that they're videotaping for permission as well? In this case it would be the suspects.

After all, fair is fair.

I see no problem with agents of the state having different rules then citizens when it comes to surveillance.

Back
Top Bottom