TV shows currently watching | Page 214 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

The Program on Netflix is good. About cult-like schools for unruly teenagers. Basically one huge scam run by filthy rich Mormons. One of the schools was in Ogdensberg NY State which is kind of just across the water from Kingston (closer to Brockville). Not a bad documentary.
Just watched the first episode, horrific. Definitely a one episode per day watch for my own sanity.

Shogun
Pretty good so far tho the amount of subtitles might put some off.
I enjoyed the book(s) a lot and re-read recently.
Don't know why the picture quality is so soft but other than that very gripping.

Don''t know the story but good reviews.

Also watching Shōgun.
Love the historical church vs State vs other religion bits.
Obviously more gritty and full of effects vs the original 1980s TV mini-series which was more of a bodice-ripper with Richard Chamberlain.
Well done and good political drama.

Currently watching:

Halo S2
Tokyo Vice S2
Shogun S1

Normally I wouldn't until I can binge them, but got pulled in, and they all have been really good.

In between The Food that America Built, a bit melodramatic, but the historical aspect is interesting.
Tried the new Walking Dead Series, The Ones Who Live, yeah kinda bad.

Masters of the Air....watching the final two episodes. I'm much more engaged. one review said better than Pacific not as good as Band of Brothers...I'd second that. I like the long episodes in Masters.

Really enjoyed seeing where the survivors ended up after the war.....one died at 100 !!!! 👏
That certainly got better as the series progressed in my view. More upbeat in some ways than B of B which was unavoidably dire in the total exhaustion and disillusion of the men at the end.

Still all three are worth watching....hoping the planet is not going down that rabbit hole again - fair bit of Canadian participation in the series. (y)

I still have confidence in the US military to stay above the idiotic squabbling plaguing the nation and to ultimately prevent the worse excesses of the wanna be orange tyrant if that nightmare unfolds.

A couple of times brave Russian officers prevented WWIII ....hopefully that will never be necessary again. :coffee:

Last edited:
My list exactly at this moment (y)

Just finished The Gentlemen on NF = great new show, hope for a few more seasons.
Couldn't get into The Gentlemen, I think my brain was hoping for a more serious script based on the synopsis.

Couldn't get into The Gentlemen, I think my brain was hoping for a more serious script based on the synopsis.
We watched it. Squeeze liked it, I was only along for the ride.

The kid set up Disney+ on our system from his subscription (he knows I'm too cheap), besides the clunky interface, maybe I am too used to Netflix. Anyway I remember someone here recommending the Americans and we are on Season 1 ep.3, holy action series. Wife not too keen on it, but she snores through the important parts. She likes to watch Feed Phil...that's when I go to bed.

Last edited:
A few episodes into "The Gentlemen", pretty good so far

Back
Top Bottom