The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Like I said - MacDoc doesn't get it. He thinks market value = good deal perceived by MacDoc, to hell with mileage. Unfortunately, the higher the mileage, the lower the value. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, it's the reality of life. I tried explaining that to him over and over again but he just gets in a hissy fit every single time. Do what I do, comment on the weak deals he's posting and let his shenanigans amuse you.
Other than this, he seems like decent dude. ;)

Is this in regards to the cb1000? thinking so,
There are other things to consider on a bike w 90k. Have the (expensive rotors been replaced?). And with 90k the suspension is likely not what it used to be.
These "refreshing things" add up. Bike is an awesome all rounder.

Last edited:
Just tell your buddy to keep adjusting the price until he's getting legit offers.

Always delete the previous posting so people can't see how long you've been trying to sell for.

This for sure, and take new pictures when you re-signed it too. I actually had someone look at my bike that kept referring to another of the same bike on Kijiji that was more expensive but seemed like a better deal. Mine was the only one of its make/model in southern Ontario at the time. I had deleted my old add, posted the new one, and almost immediately started getting​ new inquiries.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree about the plastidip, it's a huge turnoff when selling.
Mainly because people think you're hiding something.

As for the "asking price" on kijiji - doesn't really matter what you start with.
If all you're getting is insults, then you know you are way over.
If you are not getting any bites but no insults either, then you are bit over.
Once you start getting bites you are falling into a selling range.

Just tell your buddy to keep adjusting the price until he's getting legit offers.

Always delete the previous posting so people can't see how long you've been trying to sell for.

There are other things to consider on a bike w 90k. Have the (expensive rotors been replaced?). And with 90k the suspension is likely not what it used to be.

This for sure, and take new pictures when you re-signed it too. I actually had someone look at my bike that kept referring to another of the same bike on Kijiji that was more expensive but seemed like a better deal. Mine was the only one of its make/model in southern Ontario at the time. I had deleted my old add, posted the new one, and almost immediately started getting​ new inquiries.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

info passed on....

Thanks

I'll let you know, if the seller emails me back

As for the "asking price" on kijiji - doesn't really matter what you start with.
If all you're getting is insults, then you know you are way over.
If you are not getting any bites but no insults either, then you are bit over.
Once you start getting bites you are falling into a selling range.

Good analysis, bang on actually.

@MacDoc that CBF1000A has been sold (nuts)

Just found a bike on Kijiji that I wasn't expecting to see and I peed my pants. Not even linking it, if it's legit I am buying it (it is reasonably priced though, trust me)

Just found a bike on Kijiji that I wasn't expecting to see and I peed my pants. Not even linking it, if it's legit I am buying it (it is reasonably priced though, trust me)
Post pics after its safely yours, you've piqued my curiosity.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Post pics after its safely yours, you've piqued my curiosity.

Sigh... never returned my calls and now the ad is taken down. It was an '83 GS1100E (with a bonus big bore kit on the side that I probably would never have installed). Always wanted one, in fact I'm pretty sure I looked at that exact same bike a decade ago, but for $1500 it was a no brainer, I could get that much for the GS500

Sigh... never returned my calls and now the ad is taken down. It was an '83 GS1100E (with a bonus big bore kit on the side that I probably would never have installed). Always wanted one, in fact I'm pretty sure I looked at that exact same bike a decade ago, but for $1500 it was a no brainer, I could get that much for the GS500
@Chasem on this forum has/had that exact bike, he was looking to sell it in the fall. Really cheap if I remember correctly. Try sending him a pm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom