The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 61 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Will somebody buy this damn thing ....it's way below market

$_27.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...es/1249762364?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If anyone wants info about the model PM me ...

Yeow, you are not kidding. That would be an amazing deal

The price is good, but I wouldn't say it's way below market or an amazing deal. It has nearly 90,000 kms and the market is thin in that territory (as I've learned from personal experience trying to sell a bike with similar mileage), so he's trying to price it to get rid of it.

I know of one as well but it's not a track bike, owner is getting out of riding and wants to get rid of the bike......

Anyone have a ball park number of what it's worth

1993 Honda CBR 600 F2

New battery, bike seems to be in good condition body wise, has been stored for a bit so new tires, probably a good carb cleaning, and other normal once overs for a bike that has been sitting...

I am going to go see it Wednesday, would like to know what to offer the guy

Currently not running, but he is going to try and get it at least started.....

New battery... but it's been sitting and it's not running. When was the battery new

Battery is 1-2 years old from what I have been told, stored indoors, could be useless by now if it fully discharged,,,,, but never got the bike to run, tried a bit but gave up, seller is not mechanically inclined, so not much effort in getting it to run, has lost interest in the bike and in riding.

The price is good, but I wouldn't say it's way below market or an amazing deal. It has nearly 90,000 kms and the market is thin in that territory (as I've learned from personal experience trying to sell a bike with similar mileage), so he's trying to price it to get rid of it.

Macdoc refuses to acknowlege that the market doesn't operate the way he'd like. Don't even bother.
A bike with 90,000km is not easy to sell at all. Very few people keep their bikes until they fall apart, therefore, resale value is important and a large component of the, aforementioned, market value.

Right ....I've bought and sold dozens of bikes ...I can't help if GTAers are panty- waists on mileage.

That Honda will go 400,000 km without issues....it's below market ...deal with it instead of living in your little GTA fantasy land.

WHy don't you look at what the far inferior CBF600s are going for before putting your oar in ....

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-motorcycles/ontario/honda-cbf600/k0c30l9004

If I didn't have one I'd buy that CBF1000 in a heartbeat. Motor would be nicely broken in. Perhaps restrain the impulse to comment on bikes you don't own.

It's a very good deal for someone.

Right ....I've bought and sold dozens of bikes ...I can't help if GTAers are panty- waists on mileage.

That Honda will go 400,000 km without issues....it's below market ...deal with it instead of living in your little GTA fantasy land.

WHy don't you look at what the far inferior CBF600s are going for before putting your oar in ....

If I didn't have one I'd buy that CBF1000 in a heartbeat. Motor would be nicely broken in. Perhaps restrain the impulse to comment on bikes you don't own.

Perhaps you would buy it but reality tells that most others won't. People think 40k is high km, Demonpig is right about that bike being a hard sell in the gta, price will be what sells it.
Having said that high mileage bikes don't bother me but I'd rather find the model I want with less km if possible.
I also feel the cbr is overpriced in general on Kijiji, these guys think it's worth gold.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Perhaps you would buy it but reality tells that most others won't. People think 40k is high km, Demonpig is right about that bike being a hard sell in the gta, price will be what sells it.
Having said that high mileage bikes don't bother me but I'd rather find the model I want with less km if possible.
I also feel the cbr is overpriced in general on Kijiji, these guys think it's worth gold.

If I rode a lot and this bike suited my riding needs it would be a good buy.

It's an 8 year old bike. And the Gladius never really took off and had the popularity of the SV650.

I think $4700 is a bit high. I think $3500is more realistic.

Agreed

X2

Tell me this is reasonably priced.......

posting for a buddy, so he can get some feedback

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...us/1252272480?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

Personally I would ask a little more then the other guys. I'd ask $4200 and try to end up selling somewhere around 3700-3800.

More importantly if I was selling that bike the word sv650 would be in the ad somewhere to pull people in searching for those since it is more or less the same bike, can't see too many people specifically looking for a gladius. Second I would take the time to take the plastidip off the panels and edit the ad. I have no problem with plastidip but it can be a little cheesy and buyers might be concerned it's hiding damage. Good luck!

Precisely the reason most people stopped buying and started disliking, looks fugly. Same bike mechanically and all....meanwhile yamaha capitalized on the chaos and introduced the
Fz-07 BAAM!

I wasn't saying the bike is a bucket of nuts and bolts. I'm sure it's a good bike with many miles left in it, but at 90,000 kms there won't be many potential buyers knocking at the door. I tried selling my bike with 84k kms on it, but just kept it because the offers were terrible. Also tried trading it in, and the dealer thought it had 1/10th the mileage due to the great condition, didn't believe me when I corrected him, and went back to the bike to double-check (like I would lie about having 10x more mileage than he thought!), and the trade deal died. My point is, a bike can be in fantastic condition, but perceived high mileage will really thin the number of buyers and kill the offers. If the guy really wants to unload it the price needs to reflect the reality of the market, which is what I think he's done with his asking price. It's not a steal, but it is "reasonably priced" for what it is, which is in keeping with the theme of this thread.

p.s. If we only commented on bikes we've owned, this thread would be pretty thin. Are we also restricted to the specific years we've owned or are we allowed to comment on all years of the same "generation" we owned? Maybe post up some new thread rules to help prevent people from being offended by an opinion.

I wasn't saying the bike is a bucket of nuts and bolts. I'm sure it's a good bike with many miles left in it, but at 90,000 kms there won't be many potential buyers knocking at the door. I tried selling my bike with 84k kms on it, but just kept it because the offers were terrible. Also tried trading it in, and the dealer thought it had 1/10th the mileage due to the great condition, didn't believe me when I corrected him, and went back to the bike to double-check (like I would lie about having 10x more mileage than he thought!), and the trade deal died. My point is, a bike can be in fantastic condition, but perceived high mileage will really thin the number of buyers and kill the offers. If the guy really wants to unload it the price needs to reflect the reality of the market, which is what I think he's done with his asking price. It's not a steal, but it is "reasonably priced" for what it is, which is in keeping with the theme of this thread.

p.s. If we only commented on bikes we've owned, this thread would be pretty thin. Are we also restricted to the specific years we've owned or are we allowed to comment on all years of the same "generation" we owned? Maybe post up some new thread rules to help prevent people from being offended by an opinion.
+1 You don't have to own a bike to form an opinion of it, especially when it comes to price.
The hardest bike I ever sold was a honda shadow 1100 with almost 90000km on it, despite it looking brand new.

It's an 8 year old bike. And the Gladius never really took off and had the popularity of the SV650.

I think $4700 is a bit high. I think $3500is more realistic.

Agreed

X2

x3. And Canadian Blue Book would agree (http://www.bluebooktrader.com/values_retail.php?pid=1237862). Retail low = $3,224. Retail high = $3,952. The bike appears clean enough to fall somewhere in the middle.

Personally I would ask a little more then the other guys. I'd ask $4200 and try to end up selling somewhere around 3700-3800.

More importantly if I was selling that bike the word sv650 would be in the ad somewhere to pull people in searching for those since it is more or less the same bike, can't see too many people specifically looking for a gladius. Second I would take the time to take the plastidip off the panels and edit the ad. I have no problem with plastidip but it can be a little cheesy and buyers might be concerned it's hiding damage. Good luck!

Thanks for all the info guys, I have passed this on to the owner, now it's up to him to decide on what he wants to do.....

Cheers...

Like I said - MacDoc doesn't get it. He thinks market value = good deal perceived by MacDoc, to hell with mileage. Unfortunately, the higher the mileage, the lower the value. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, it's the reality of life. I tried explaining that to him over and over again but he just gets in a hissy fit every single time. Do what I do, comment on the weak deals he's posting and let his shenanigans amuse you.
Other than this, he seems like decent dude. ;)

Thanks for all the info guys, I have passed this on to the owner, now it's up to him to decide on what he wants to do.....

Cheers...

I absolutely agree about the plastidip, it's a huge turnoff when selling.
Mainly because people think you're hiding something.

As for the "asking price" on kijiji - doesn't really matter what you start with.
If all you're getting is insults, then you know you are way over.
If you are not getting any bites but no insults either, then you are bit over.
Once you start getting bites you are falling into a selling range.

Just tell your buddy to keep adjusting the price until he's getting legit offers.

Always delete the previous posting so people can't see how long you've been trying to sell for.

Cheers...
It's a shame really, I'm looking for a gladius for the wife but I wouldn't pay what he's asking. It's even the colour she wants lol.

Back
Top Bottom