The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Well they are only 9 grand brand new, take a discount for being overpriced Italian, puts price on par with Japanese competitors, add that maintenance could be a headache if parts are needed and I'm swayed back to Jap.

A new Shiver is 9 grand, and very similar to this 5 year old bike with only 23,000kms. Aprilias have a stellar reputation for quality, nicknamed "Italian Hondas".
Yes, parts support is not as common, but you also won't see another one every day, and finish quality is outstanding.

Don't make me sick Shaman on you guys.

There's actually a couple of different versions of the rgv vj22 Luck Strike paint. Both pictured above.
More than likely, it's recent NUAK bike that has Chinese replica fairings. Can't remember if there's an official LS paint scheme... more that likely there was, but an SP version with a dry clutch and other upgrades.

Honda had the patent on the banana swingarm, so Suzuki changed up the banana swingarm to the over baced swingarm in the last few years of production.
The banana swingarm is more sought after.

Power valves are a weak point with that engine, but the vj22 has lots of spares floating around. Lots of them in Japan and the UK, and as stated before, the US had an Aprilia RS250 challenge cup version which uses the rgv vj22 Suzuki engine. The rg250 parallel twin, along with the rg500 were brought into Canada... but the later v-twin version - vj21 and vj22 were not officially brought into Canada. Grey market bike.

Incredible bikes, bigger than a Ninja 300, but smaller than most current 600cc super sports.
Just over 300 pounds dry and with a good set-up, about 65 rear wheel ponies... you can get more, but at the cost of reliability.
$4800 is a pretty good price, considering they were going for $6-8k a few years ago.
It won't be cheap in the long run. GP replica two strokes never are cheap... but definitely high on the fun factor!
Oh if they're grey market I might not be interested. With my Aprilia I get parts pretty cheap from several dealers. Not sure if I want to hunt for grey market parts. We'll see what insurance says, if the guy ever responds to my email.

Thanks for the info.

Oh if they're grey market I might not be interested. With my Aprilia I get parts pretty cheap from several dealers. Not sure if I want to hunt for grey market parts. We'll see what insurance says, if the guy ever responds to my email.

Thanks for the info.

Thats what i meant by "practicality" . i cant believe you didnt know its grey bike

Btw that bike is most likely a fixed up using parts from god knows where. For grey bikes, price means everything. Dont ever think their owners dont know its value and underprice it.

To find a grey bike thats worthy, look for one with all original parts non-beated up and babied by owners. Fixed up bikes will come with free headache.

I've heard several older guys talk about how they had a Gamma back in the day so I presumed they must've brought them over here officially. Part of the reason I got my Aprilia is that it isn't grey market. Parts are quite readily available in both Canada and the US. Anyway, that's good info for me, thanks. Guy hasn't responded in 3 days so I guess he's not interested, anyway.

Last edited:
What year?

That's the 3500 dollar question...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk

Well, he had a 2007 for sale, asking $4500. For sale since may 2014 on GTAM classifieds...

Nice detective skills.

Ah. Well for a 2007 I'd say that's not bad.

That's a long time for sale though... I've had mine up for 2 weeks and I've gotta say I'm pretty surprised it hasn't gone yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk

I also included a rear stand, oil and filter, original handle bars, original windscreen, fender eliminator kit. I forgot to give him the bike cover.

I was sad to see it go. But I had dropped it twice and I think the previous owner(s) had a more serious collision with it. There was some powdery white dust on the inner part of the upper fairings. And I am looking to do more long distance riding. I would like to get a cruiser next. Any suggestions!?

Vulcan 900?

In the same paragraph he says it has "home made status" but then next sentence says it's got "f4i status"? Looks like all the front fairings and tank are different than the tail, too. It looks fishy to me but I guess the price is decent.

Just called the guy, it's sold... I was going to try for 4k on him.

A new Shiver is 9 grand, and very similar to this 5 year old bike with only 23,000kms. Aprilias have a stellar reputation for quality, nicknamed "Italian Hondas".
Yes, parts support is not as common, but you also won't see another one every day, and finish quality is outstanding.

Don't make me sick Shaman on you guys.

Gtam, some tips for buying used bike for you:
1) pics on kijiji are useless. You will not see the same condition
2) check the owner not the bike. It will tell you alot about the bike. In this case, its a young kid just moving out of parents. Having mix match fairing ( not to mention aftermarket) and "home made status". Run ,dont walk , away

I keep seeing deals posted on here thats alarming bad. I hope no1 gets ripped off

PS. Also i would walk if the owner refuse to give VIN so you can check ahead of time. Having no UVIP and want you to pick up the bike weekend or night. Dont waste time thinking you get a deal.

Last edited:
Gtam, some tips for buying used bike for you:
1) pics on kijiji are useless. You will not see the same condition
2) check the owner not the bike. It will tell you alot about the bike. In this case, its a young kid just moving out of parents. Having mix match fairing ( not to mention aftermarket) and "home made status". Run ,dont walk , away

I keep seeing deals posted on here thats alarming bad. I hope no1 gets ripped off

PS. Also i would walk if the owner refuse to give VIN so you can check ahead of time. Having no UVIP and want you to pick up the bike weekend or night. Dont waste time thinking you get a deal.

Everything about this bike said to stay away to me, as well, except that the price is pretty low. Other than price I see nothing good about it.

Back
Top Bottom