The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Great little bikes, pretty much the same engine as the rs250. Chassis, suspension and brakes arent on par with the aprilias but still fun to ride. Sooo many bikes not available here in Canada...
Were the RS250s ever available here? I think I've seen a couple for sale in the US and before I bought the 125 I thought about importing an RS250 from the UK but I couldn't get an insurance quote and another forum member told me he had a hard time finding insurance for his so I didn't bother looking any further. I presume this model of Suzuki was originally sold here?

Were the RS250s ever available here? I think I've seen a couple for sale in the US and before I bought the 125 I thought about importing an RS250 from the UK but I couldn't get an insurance quote and another forum member told me he had a hard time finding insurance for his so I didn't bother looking any further. I presume this model of Suzuki was originally sold here?
All these were avail in Aus including NSR, KR1, TZR etc etc. and were also easy to import straight from Japan. Not sure what actually filtered through to Canada but from what Ive heard you guys missed out on the 2stroke phenomenon from the late 80s to the late 90s. Some awesome little bikes.

All these were avail in Aus including NSR, KR1, TZR etc etc. and were also easy to import straight from Japan. Not sure what actually filtered through to Canada but from what Ive heard you guys missed out on the 2stroke phenomenon from the late 80s to the late 90s. Some awesome little bikes.

The biggest two-stroke sales from that time were from the RD350LCs, RZ350, and RZ500, all of which were sold in Canada, but not the US.
The rarest bike Canada got was the 1987 RG500 Walter Wolf Special. It never made sense to me how this special came to be, as Walter Wolf was involved in F1 and Can Am.

SuzukiRG250Wolf19861.jpg

As I recall, the RD350LC and RZ350 were abused by riders, but pretty durable. The WW RG500 is now a speculator's market with guys asking $20,000 (but often not selling), but I don't see the value.

Not sure if it belongs in this thread or the other but this is sweet and local

Please view this ad:

RARE SUZUKI RGV 250 GAMMA TWO STROKE,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/woodstock-on/rare-suzuki-rgv-250-gamma-two-stroke/1065467422

Price: $ 4,800.00

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

That's not original, Its a mix and match fairing, and most likely the aftermarket one. Pay attention to the decal scheme, you will see what I meant.

I think they're not good for street as reliability and practicality are not there. This particular bike is not original tho, most likely a fixed up bike. I wouldn't pay more than $4k for it, assume no fairing or tank damages

Practicality?

It's a motorcycle not a minivan.

Last edited:
That's not original, Its a mix and match fairing, and most likely the aftermarket one. Pay attention to the decal scheme, you will see what I meant.

A true original Kevin Schwantz RGV also has a powder coated white frame.

Yeah from looking at pics of these things it looks like the tank and tail are from one scheme and the sides are from a different one.

This one has the same tank and tail but different sides:
mine-right.jpg

And this one has the same sides but different tank and tail:
rgv-right-600x382.jpg

Then again, I have no idea if either of those samples are actually correct and the lower one is an older year that doesn't have the "banana" swing arm. But it's a 22 year old bike, I don't really expect the fairings or tank to be original by then but I guess it's a sign to watch out for other problems.

There's actually a couple of different versions of the rgv vj22 Luck Strike paint. Both pictured above.
More than likely, it's recent NUAK bike that has Chinese replica fairings. Can't remember if there's an official LS paint scheme... more that likely there was, but an SP version with a dry clutch and other upgrades.

Honda had the patent on the banana swingarm, so Suzuki changed up the banana swingarm to the over baced swingarm in the last few years of production.
The banana swingarm is more sought after.

Power valves are a weak point with that engine, but the vj22 has lots of spares floating around. Lots of them in Japan and the UK, and as stated before, the US had an Aprilia RS250 challenge cup version which uses the rgv vj22 Suzuki engine. The rg250 parallel twin, along with the rg500 were brought into Canada... but the later v-twin version - vj21 and vj22 were not officially brought into Canada. Grey market bike.

Incredible bikes, bigger than a Ninja 300, but smaller than most current 600cc super sports.
Just over 300 pounds dry and with a good set-up, about 65 rear wheel ponies... you can get more, but at the cost of reliability.
$4800 is a pretty good price, considering they were going for $6-8k a few years ago.
It won't be cheap in the long run. GP replica two strokes never are cheap... but definitely high on the fun factor!

Anyone know if these are costly on insurance? Or any other reason to avoid?
I think it's classified as a standard bike. I don't know much about the Shiver, but be aware that Aprilia parts all come from Italy (~2 week wait).

That Shiver has been up there for months. There's nothing good about the price. Maybe a thousand lower than what he's asking.

And a 250cc Hyosung, naked version - $1,500. Nobody wants these bikes. A major marketing failure in North America.

You realize every comment you make about used bikes is that they should all cost $1500 and that there is no demand, because you don't like it?

Well they are only 9 grand brand new, take a discount for being overpriced Italian, puts price on par with Japanese competitors, add that maintenance could be a headache if parts are needed and I'm swayed back to Jap.

You realize every comment you make about used bikes is that they should all cost $1500 and that there is no demand, because you don't like it?

You realize that you know about nothing about bikes, probably don't even have one, sit home all day and repost junk you google?

oh no, you figured it all out, For your information, I have a MINT, dropped by previous owner on driveway, 2010 Barbie Princess Castle E-bike in Corsa pink (modded flush LED, 12V powahhh).
I just come here to glean some of your intense knowledge from you, like the fact that no one wants CB919 Hornets (they all sold in days likely due to pity).

We all take careful notes at the scooter club after your posts and meet at the Timmies to break off into discussion groups. This week's meeting title, "Nothing should be over $1500, and no one Wants Anything: Discuss".
Keep the good work coming, we all know when you know everything, you have to reference nothing, which is why you academic career has blossomed to date.

Back
Top Bottom