The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 148 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Eleven hundred bucks for spark plugs?? What else did he do? If I had your money, I'd burn my own! I'm sure glad I turn my own wrenches. Sheesh!

Of course it's not just plugs :rolleyes: Tho they were needed,

It's the full service Honda manual calls for at 35k km....

If you want to play in here be my guest...

j8XZ5q5TwddIoX8qidgx8sqqanf0RcM2bTa2K3SaD2k_WyVqwo8dWH7e90NKh3BMGirOiMZRnmsKQ49Px-V1IjHer2fmd4SUJAO9G4MnUQDmllw3fJHVh90OdghG1ueDla9VhrR-AL9yx44UIq7knxh-GpXGB9J1LQ3E5rJmK6L3GgBec2KKU0YuSojBgfeLbsgL5SF5h-WlodbTqevMPxE2Rd3FrEonoxejHA_rrN5Dn1yoypm5J2sXty3TeXopZR7aHk5doja6JydUiqbvu6v4ZjVjvT08G2_nedU7-qr4jyWaxY6BGLDR_UhG3qJq9gbqUw2grZYIQOvbbtrmGwjvgi5GatFG1cQhdEaf82sctY9EGdAV9j_6lG-X1gMxh813pNjAppVi_2pF_91tfKAlDnKa3n1KKPpE6jPQmAFBHuuA7b4PJ4Fx9Hrma0vs1lKETrcsAg3o4WXm8oazMOyeZTF7WY9SEo2gj3ccYVYyQgFQAuINBS03cXgjLGwySWjeWg4MrbGQN8J7iOgTG2bAl0wulk3DybPiRYELBv1TdBkhadZlEf-xG-x0ACfF9SWsg24C1qUtm2I2X63KZ6bkWnWX4YmEKOq8YsZdK0rCMoEWQbPjIi4z4vNjlv-I=w640-h480-no

We earn good money fixing computers and computer issues that people COULD fix themselves.
They pay us, I pay Adrian to do reliable thorough work.

The $1100 icluded parts and labour.

Of course it's not just plugs :rolleyes: Tho they were needed,

It's the full service Honda manual calls for at 35k km....

j8XZ5q5TwddIoX8qidgx8sqqanf0RcM2bTa2K3SaD2k_WyVqwo8dWH7e90NKh3BMGirOiMZRnmsKQ49Px-V1IjHer2fmd4SUJAO9G4MnUQDmllw3fJHVh90OdghG1ueDla9VhrR-AL9yx44UIq7knxh-GpXGB9J1LQ3E5rJmK6L3GgBec2KKU0YuSojBgfeLbsgL5SF5h-WlodbTqevMPxE2Rd3FrEonoxejHA_rrN5Dn1yoypm5J2sXty3TeXopZR7aHk5doja6JydUiqbvu6v4ZjVjvT08G2_nedU7-qr4jyWaxY6BGLDR_UhG3qJq9gbqUw2grZYIQOvbbtrmGwjvgi5GatFG1cQhdEaf82sctY9EGdAV9j_6lG-X1gMxh813pNjAppVi_2pF_91tfKAlDnKa3n1KKPpE6jPQmAFBHuuA7b4PJ4Fx9Hrma0vs1lKETrcsAg3o4WXm8oazMOyeZTF7WY9SEo2gj3ccYVYyQgFQAuINBS03cXgjLGwySWjeWg4MrbGQN8J7iOgTG2bAl0wulk3DybPiRYELBv1TdBkhadZlEf-xG-x0ACfF9SWsg24C1qUtm2I2X63KZ6bkWnWX4YmEKOq8YsZdK0rCMoEWQbPjIi4z4vNjlv-I=w640-h480-no

We earn good money fixing computers and computer issues that people COULD fix themselves.
They pay us, I pay Adrian to do reliable thorough work.

The $1100 icluded parts and labour.

that's it, you do what you're good at
pay someone else to do other things that they're good at
driving around residential areas you plenty of examples of folks that should think that way

Seems like nobody keeps records of any maintenance being done on their bikes...called a bunch of people and each one said the same "I do my own work, no receipts"

Looks no more complicated than other bikes I've worked on. I'd be delighted.

Seems like nobody keeps records of any maintenance being done on their bikes...called a bunch of people and each one said the same "I do my own work, no receipts"

Then they'll have parts receipts and surely a log or spreadsheet documenting the work? To do otherwise would be lazy and unwise. No proof equals no work.

via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Then they'll have parts receipts and surely a log or spreadsheet documenting the work? To do otherwise would be lazy and unwise. No proof equals no work.

via Tapatalk

Exactly.Every Ducati i have owned has been maintained by myself.Always kept receipts and documents of all work done.Paying a dealer $100 for an oil change,with road test and 30 point isnspection of course is just nuts.

via Tapatalk

I do my own work and have some receipts for some parts, but otherwise no log or other proof. I know the mileage I put on and maintain as per.

I do my own work and have some receipts for some parts, but otherwise no log or other proof. I know the mileage I put on and maintain as per.
With how long you keep your bikes it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I keep a spreadsheet to log maintenance cause I have a terrible memory. Don't bother keeping receipts because I will generally buy parts when i get a chance and not necessarily when I need them.

I've kept a log for every bike I have owned, offered to show it to every prospective buyer when selling a bike, no one has ever asked to see it.

BTW - Adrian charges on the hours he spends plus the parts. It's not a "job rate". if he needs the time then so be it ...not like he's desparate for business....he's jammed even with a second guy now.

replace front & rear brake fluid
- replace clutch fluid
- replace coolant
- valve inspection (and adjustment if necessary)

Would you like all of the above items done before you go on your trip? We can certainly also take care of the other items you requested

- oil & filter change
- replace spark plugs
- lubricate cables
- inspection

He did not charge for the valves as they were all in spec ( squares with the CBF1000 site info )

I'm sure the guy that bought my bike is happy.

Last edited:
@GVH are you going to be following that auction? Curious to what the final sale price will be.
I'd have to think at least 9 or 10?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

He did not charge for the valves as they were all in spec

Sez he. The valve clearance inspection is likely the most labour intensive part of all the work performed. I can't imagine anyone doing this work for free. The charge was buried elsewhere.

via Tapatalk

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=50&acctid=6257

2012 Victory Cross Country Police Edition 15K current bid $3700

interesting bit from the listing:

If the vehicle VIN does NOT start with a "1" it was not made in the U.S.A.
if you are an out of Country bidder - be sure you can import this vehicle with only a Bill of Sale and an ownership.

If there is no picture of the U.S. emissions sticker, it could not be found.

VIN is 5VPDW36N4C3001161
the 1 indicates a NAFTA vehicle, CAN/US/MEX
where else would a Victory be built? weird

interesting bit from the listing:

[FONT=&]If the vehicle VIN does NOT start with a "1" it was not made in the U.S.A.
if you are an out of Country bidder - be sure you can import this vehicle with only a Bill of Sale and an ownership.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]If there is no picture of the U.S. emissions sticker, it could not be found.

[/FONT]
VIN is [FONT=&]5VPDW36N4C3001161
[/FONT]
the 1 indicates a NAFTA vehicle, CAN/US/MEX
where else would a Victory be built? weird

1, 4, or 5 denote USA manufacture, Canada is 2

1, 4, or 5 denote USA manufacture, Canada is 2

true enough, thanks
found this:

1, 4, or 5 = U.S.; 2 = Canada; 3 = Mexico; J = Japan; K = Korea; S = England; W = Germany; Z = Italy; and Y = Sweden

so the listing is wrong, bike was made in the US

true enough, thanks
found this:

1, 4, or 5 = U.S.; 2 = Canada; 3 = Mexico; J = Japan; K = Korea; S = England; W = Germany; Z = Italy; and Y = Sweden

so the listing is wrong, bike was made in the US

I think they had some trouble in the past on commercial trucks. Standard cover your a## ad format from now on.

Back
Top Bottom