The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 147 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Awesome thanks guys! The VFRs are nice and I'll need to do some research on them versus the Ninja 650.

Here's a VFR I liked from some research....https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...or/1377952150?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

but...price :(

yup. that is alot of cdn peso's.
that 09 looks light years ahead of the older vfr's.
55000kms is still low kms for the vfr.
man it looks good-but hope he saved the old clear shield lol.
a buyer may be lucky w an offer around 4000-4400 this time of year- or not. bring @demonpig as your negotiator.
looks awesome and way more bike than a 650 ninja in many ways...I like.

Last edited:
$_59.JPG

Lovely and if the major service at 32k miles has been done ( 50k km ish ) then offer $4200

If it has not been done that's a big question. You need service records. I would assume the first major service was done .....but find out.

That is a really sweet machine.

That white VFR is gorgeous!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

What is the GTAM community think is a decent price for a NINJA 650 ABS? I considered the VFR800 (I know I'm all over the place) but still debating....love the VFR but I'm reading that it's a pain in the *** to do any work on.

I love my VFR, and I don’t think it’s too much of a pain in the *** to work on, the lower scoop can be a little finicky but taking all the body work off is pretty easy. General maintenance has been straight forward. For reference I have a 2003 Gen 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... bring @demonpig as your negotiator.
looks awesome and way more bike than a 650 ninja in many ways...I like.

Heh! I agree that it looks good and a better bike than a Ninja 650 but that gen of VFR was a bit on the piggish side.
Solid motorcycles though, never heard of people having issues with them. Very comfortable for long distance touring. $4,000 seems reasonable.

Heh! I agree that it looks good and a better bike than a Ninja 650 but that gen of VFR was a bit on the piggish side.
Solid motorcycles though, never heard of people having issues with them. Very comfortable for long distance touring. $4,000 seems reasonable.

The VFR does seem porkly...but such a sweet ride. I doubt 4k would buy it...but you never know

There is a major service due at 35,000 km or 50,000 km not sure on the VFR versus the CBF1000.
Mine cost about $1100 plus tax at Adrians tho very little was needing attention accept spark plugs.

If that service has been done mileage is almost immaterial. One guy in that forum post was at 90,000 something without the major service and the bike running perfectly he says.

I'd limit your purchases to those with service records. BTW nothing wrong with considering the CBF1000 if you want some thrills.

Will fit you for sure but appears there are no deals around just now so chase a good VFR with ABS

$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...00/1370859134?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$4500 with ABS and mature rider....bike is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Mine cost about $1100 plus tax at Adrians tho very little was needing attention accept spark plugs.

Eleven hundred bucks for spark plugs?? What else did he do? If I had your money, I'd burn my own! I'm sure glad I turn my own wrenches. Sheesh!

One guy in that forum post was at 90,000 something without the major service and the bike running perfectly he says.

The bike may be running well at the moment, but is likely on borrowed time. To ignore major service items is just foolish.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom