The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 145 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

hmm. ownership and or branded may be an issue? two years ago! just for fun, im going to send the seller a note asking if he has ownership in his name unbranded with the uvip.

It wasn't branded and very minor scratches on upper on left side, dent in tank and lever and mirror. Used car dealer in Brantford bought a bunch at the auction to fix and sell. He couldn't show it running. Sold it for $1000 to get rid of it.

Bimota YB11 (1000cc yamaha) 1997. what would you expect to pay for a bimota? this one is listed for under $7000 USA buy it now, and looks very clean.

dealer in USA. https://www.ebay.com/itm/302856049044 posted up today !

a bit surprised this hasn't raised any interest among the gear heads. would someone know how to put up a pic of this old beauty for some drool factor? I don't know how.

a bit surprised this hasn't raised any interest among the gear heads. would someone know how to put up a pic of this old beauty for some drool factor? I don't know how.

Ebay pics are fairly big.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...bs/1379739379?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Good Deal ??

"2012 DL650 This bike has been stripped down. I bought it a year ago like this. I do not have the plastics. Has an aftermarket speedo with Neutral position and all lights. No fuel gauge, and the speedo is not calibrated. Comes with a gps that I use for the speedo. It’s great for learning to ride or if you like the off road riding this is perfect. Cheap on Insurance. Fuel injection Abs brakes Never let me down. I’m upgrading to a cruiser. $1500. Email or text"

$_59.JPG

I'm a new rider and am looking at a 2009 V-Strom with 77,000 KM on it for 3k. Looks OK and has a hard top case and panniers. It seems to start fine and looks to be in good condition but it hasn't been ridden for 6 months. Any suggestions on what I should check or consider?

seems like really good value for someone into that kind of thing
would guess seller has way more than that into it

edit: spent more time looking at this than I should
so the thing with the 2 handles is a starter I guess
engages the hex on the shaft sticking out the left side
so no starter on the bike, no stator, no air filters.....weight saving
crazy looking shifter mechanism, the electrics under the seat...CDI ignition?
wonder if it has a battery at all??
and that single disk ain't gonna do much, assuming it has a chute in the tail

neat piece of kit

Last edited:
I don't need a drag bike and it would be stupid to buy it, so I'm definitely not going to do that and will stop thinking about it
I wanna sit on it after you buy it.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I'm a new rider and am looking at a 2009 V-Strom with 77,000 KM on it for 3k. Looks OK and has a hard top case and panniers. It seems to start fine and looks to be in good condition but it hasn't been ridden for 6 months. Any suggestions on what I should check or consider?
It's a good bike. 77k is not that much on a bike like that. Many people will easily take theirs over 150k with no major issues.
That price is fair for one that has been well taken care of and a good price if it comes with useful upgrades like aftermarket seat, crash bars, skid plate and more. Who makes the hard case luggage?
Ask if the stator has been replaced. Until about 1yr ago, the older stators they used had a design flaw that made them prone to overheating and failing over time. The new stators that Suzuki provides have fixed this flaw, but they don't offer it as a recall item -> pre-2012 bikes have to pay for it out of pocket. Suspension might be due for some love as well as steering head bearings and valves.
Asides from that, and with any bike, if it received regular maintenance, the bike should be fine. Mine has just under 150k on it and is still running quite well.

edit: also check out www.Stromtroopers.com if you haven't for tons of info about these bikes.

Last edited:
It's a good bike. 77k is not that much on a bike like that. Many people will easily take theirs over 150k with no major issues.
That price is fair for one that has been well taken care of and a good price if it comes with useful upgrades like aftermarket seat, crash bars, skid plate and more. Who makes the hard case luggage?
Ask if the stator has been replaced. Until about 1yr ago, the older stators they used had a design flaw that made them prone to overheating and failing over time. The new stators that Suzuki provides have fixed this flaw, but they don't offer it as a recall item -> pre-2012 bikes have to pay for it out of pocket. Suspension might be due for some love as well as steering head bearings and valves.
Asides from that, and with any bike, if it received regular maintenance, the bike should be fine. Mine has just under 150k on it and is still running quite well.

edit: also check out www.Stromtroopers.com if you haven't for tons of info about these bikes.

Thanks for the info, I believe it is GIVI hard cases. I forgot to mention it's the ABS version, the upgrades were heated grips, hand deflectors, and a center stand (no crash bars or skid plate).

penske and racetech bits worth the purchase.
That is true.

Saw this.

Please view this ad:

2013 Suzuki SFV 650 Gladius,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*3,800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

It's got all the mods that I want to have on my own gladius plus the right color.

It fixed gladius's weak points: suspension, brakes, seat, handlebars

To me, it seems to be a good deal for something of more recent year, if someone's looking into a fun vtwin bike

Back
Top Bottom