The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 144 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...0f/1314317851?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

2008 GSX650F for $3000

$_59.JPG

I like this
strip off the gaudy graphics
add handlebar risers, do the seat
throw on a pair of V35's
if you get it for 2
all in at 3 or a bit more
you'd have a nice mid size ST

My guess is they are trying to get close to the top of the search when sorted by price and want way more thank $1000
that's also a possibility, just like people putting 3 digits for km when it's really 6 digits (411km instead of 411xxxkm), that way if searching for km (say looking for something with 200000km or less) it shows up even though 411k is really more than 200000km.

I'm confused with this one ... the sticker reads 1K but in the ad owner is asking 3K??
Ad is 4 weeks old....dropped the price and didn't edit the description?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

My guess is they are trying to get close to the top of the search when sorted by price and want way more thank $1000
This is when you offer them full asking and show up with a grand. When they say it was three you say who tf reads a description?
This type of bait and switch (for lack of a better comparison) really bothers me.
Great. Now I'm kinda po'd.
Well, at least I went one hour today before I started to hate people.

This is when you offer them full asking and show up with a grand. When they say it was three you say who tf reads a description?
This type of bait and switch (for lack of a better comparison) really bothers me.
Great. Now I'm kinda po'd.
Well, at least I went one hour today before I started to hate people.

OR....just offer them $900 and if they complain tell them it's only $100 less...then sell bike for 2.5k and PROFIT!

I bought a Ninja 400 in June and has ridden 2800km. I'm now drooling over the larger bikes. I think I'm in a similar situation to you. My car accelerates faster than the bike.

I went to FAST phase one and rode their R6 and ZX6-R. I wouldn't want to own a sport bike unless I do track days all the time. The ergo is so bad I don't want to ever ride either of them on highway.
I'd recommend you save the money from mods and spend them on track days.

o_O
How old are you? I ride my gsxr 100 km a day on the 401 and never think twice about not taking it.

o_O
How old are you? I ride my gsxr 100 km a day on the 401 and never think twice about not taking it.

Curious what age has to do with anything?

Also GSXR is known to be have more comfortable ergos then other SS.

for older bodies ss are more difficult to ride
at one time I rode a ss daily. still don't mind the ergo's for shorter rides...

I'm 36 and i think SS body position is abysmal for street riding, knowing myself i'd tell you the same @ 19. Point is, you don't need to be 'older' to realize it's not a comfortable position! :p

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...0s/1372678475?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"1999 SV650S $1300 70K Needs rectifier and horn. Selling AS IS Spark plugs Side cover gasket Shifter rod Front and rear pads all changed last September Oil and filter change 2 months ago before rectifier went"

$_59.JPG

I always liked the yellow. The asking price is reasonable to start. but I would want to check a few things first as it has 70k on it. things like brake rotors, chain/sprockets, and of course the mentioned reg/rect (and is it only the reg/rect?) - an SV with this mileage may also need the cam chain tensioner replaced if it hasn't already been done - and the SV has TWO of them.

This bike would need to be looked at carefully, the cost (and labour) to put this bike on the road could add up quickly. but on the other hand; a patient person may find good used SV parts for 15 or 20 cents on the dollar...for some items.

looks to be a dealer describing the bike as his own.

Last edited:
Caution when people sell a motorcycle as a non-runner and claim to know a hundred bucks worth of easy to replace parts will fix it.

Never buy a non-running bike without a compression test first, that will reveal most of the problems associated with the internal mechanicals. Good compression test means it at least has pistons, rings and valves intact and moving where the piston, rings and valves should be. Questionable compression test means you have to rip the engine apart or at the very least adjust the valve clearances.
... replaced shifter rod :/ never heard of that being a replacement part unless it was crashed or ate a chain.
... needs horn and RR, probably needs a new battery too then! Horn takes way more current then one would expect, if the battery is toast the RR has to carry more load and probably can't so it turns to smoke.

Caution when people sell a motorcycle as a non-runner and claim to know a hundred bucks worth of easy to replace parts will fix it.

Never buy a non-running bike without a compression test first, that will reveal most of the problems associated with the internal mechanicals. Good compression test means it at least has pistons, rings and valves intact and moving where the piston, rings and valves should be. Questionable compression test means you have to rip the engine apart or at the very least adjust the valve clearances.
... replaced shifter rod :/ never heard of that being a replacement part unless it was crashed or ate a chain.
... needs horn and RR, probably needs a new battery too then! Horn takes way more current then one would expect, if the battery is toast the RR has to carry more load and probably can't so it turns to smoke.

I don't see any reason why this bike wouldn't be able to run...charging system working or not.

I don't see any reason why this bike wouldn't be able to run...charging system working or not.
Totally agree, if it has air, fuel & spark, all the more reason for a compression test, that is the only missing component to at least fire.

... and just sticking a finger in the plug hole and turning it over doesn't cut it ;)

Totally agree, if it has air, fuel & spark, all the more reason for a compression test, that is the only missing component to at least fire.

... and just sticking a finger in the plug hole and turning it over doesn't cut it ;)

"sticking a finger in the plug hole"...sorry had to have a laugh.
yes, agree you need to hear it run; and it makes loads of sense to do a compression test. Definitely a project bike. I think its also a possibility the stator/rotor, rather than just a reg/rect replacement, is req'd. Even after checking things out- this is a bike screaming "lowball me".

So does this look like a dented tank ?? I do remember a 1999 Yellow SV for sale at impact 2 years ago. Had 69K on it. Check the UVIP package on this one.

$_59.JPG

Definitely a dent

So does this look like a dented tank ?? I do remember a 1999 Yellow SV for sale at impact 2 years ago. Had 69K on it. Check the UVIP package on this one.

$_59.JPG

hmm. ownership and or branded may be an issue? two years ago! just for fun, im going to send the seller a note asking if he has ownership in his name unbranded with the uvip.

Back
Top Bottom