The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

Let me know how your install goes and looks Bro. After my reading on the Kat riders forum on putting HIDS in the cat it seems like the wiring harness might need to be a upgraded due to the extra power the HIDS take at start up. I was also reading that with the reflectors in our bikes we might get some funky beam scatter without a projector retrofit.

Not sure on any of if thought Its hard to get a traight answer on forums sometimes.

I want in on the HID buy as well.
I've got 2 headlights that are both hi/lo so I'll need 2 35W/55W dual kits.
H4 and 5000K.

Who's putting the order together?

And when's the next pub night?

PS post some picks

Let me know how your install goes and looks Bro. After my reading on the Kat riders forum on putting HIDS in the cat it seems like the wiring harness might need to be a upgraded due to the extra power the HIDS take at start up. I was also reading that with the reflectors in our bikes we might get some funky beam scatter without a projector retrofit.

Not sure on any of if thought Its hard to get a traight answer on forums sometimes.

I want in on the HID buy as well.
I've got 2 headlights that are both hi/lo so I'll need 2 35W/55W dual kits.
H4 and 5000K.

Who's putting the order together?

And when's the next pub night?

I may have spoken too soon.... After doing a little research (which should have been done before posting....) I don't really think it's worth it to do the HID conversion.
Plus, the stock lights aren't all that bad. I just don't see the point in replacing a bunch of **** for the 'cool factor'.....on a Katana.

My question about the pub night still stands though! :p

OK so I finally got the info from my bike. I have a 2 separate bulbs (H4's) and they both do low and high beams.

Is this the kit i need to order? http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

$
60 seems cheap for two ballasts, 2 bulbs with (h&L) in a 35w set up? or do I have to enter a quantity of "2" because I have a dual bulb system?

Thank you for the clarity.

OK so I finally got the info from my bike. I have a 2 separate bulbs (H4's) and they both do low and high beams.

Is this the kit i need to order? http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

$
60 seems cheap for two ballasts, 2 bulbs with (h&L) in a 35w set up? or do I have to enter a quantity of "2" because I have a dual bulb system?

Thank you for the clarity.

That isn't a direct link as it defaults to an H1 bulb, But ya you need just the one $60 kit which your talking about. Thats the beauty of DDM.

I think shipping is around $35 for the 1st kit and about $5 for every other kit after that.

I may have spoken too soon.... After doing a little research (which should have been done before posting....) I don't really think it's worth it to do the HID conversion.
Plus, the stock lights aren't all that bad. I just don't see the point in replacing a bunch of **** for the 'cool factor'.....on a Katana.

My question about the pub night still stands though! :p

If you do night driving with them its not bout the cool factor compared to "Wow, I can see so much" fatcor :D

If you do night driving with them its not bout the cool factor compared to "Wow, I can see so much" fatcor :D

Agree for $95 bux with shipping is worth the added safety when driving at night! who cares about the "coolness" We are on bikes its already as cool as it gets :)

This was discussed in another thread more publicly and one point that came up was warranty. Unless we can get them to write up separate receipts for the kits and ship to one address then whomever puts the buy together will have to return anything if need be for warranty claims.

Thats true. There are other options tho. I am thinking about throwing a set of Denali driving lights onto mine. Looks like the do a good job of providing the additional vision plus they are "Legal". HID retrofits genrally arnt althought i have never herd of anyone being charged.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5224/

Although a little more money and install fiddlyness.

What's Everyone doing for New Years?
Nothing really planned this way.. maybe head to RIM Park for some public skating from 7-9 with the girl I've been seeing for a while now.. other than that......

Nothing really planned this way.. maybe head to RIM Park for some public skating from 7-9 with the girl I've been seeing for a while now.. other than that......

Tim! You're holding out on us! Cool man, tell us all about her. Or maybe you don't want to tell this bunch. hahaha... ;)

No big plans either. Girl i'm seeing is going to TO to meet up with her girls.

Ya I was there with the wifey and daughter lol, Were you sitting near me or just saw me walking? I was behind the Visitor net.

Danny, If you get the HID's here is a walkthrough for an install on an F4i. (Jer it might help you a bit just to see what all comes with the kit but it may change do to different bike)

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

I was out for a smoke and saw you walk out and down to the parking lot.

Thanks for the link, I think I have that bookmarked already.

As for the group buy, I will shoot ddm an email tonight and ask about separate receipts and all that.

I was out for a smoke and saw you walk out and down to the parking lot.

Thanks for the link, I think I have that bookmarked already.

Ya we left after the 2nd cause the little one was getting restless and I didn't want to push my luck and have her hate it.

No Prob with the link I stole it off the cbrforum

As for the group buy, I will shoot ddm an email tonight and ask about separate receipts and all that.

Thanks Danny. I'll be in for buying in January. Taxes and Christmas (bought ourselves a bedroom set, Mennonite built, ouch!) came all at once this year. Brutal! Cutting into my bike funds. haha

No prob Dave.

I was gonna get a custom made entertainment unit made by Mennonites, but after hearing the price I was like....IKEA???

I heard back from Sarah at DDM, I got forwarded to her since she is the purchasing manager. She wanted to know how many and what kits everyone wanted, but before we go there I asked if the separate receipts are possible for warranty purposes. Keep ya posted

Ok, so we won't get any discount price on kits unless it is like 100+. She seems to be beating around the bush with the separate receipt issue. So for the third time, I will ask again.

Well I will have to say they got fast customer service...

It will be one invoice only, if it's one order. For warranty purpose, as long as each customer provides the invoice#, we will provide the warranty.

Sincerely,
Sarah Powell
DDM

Okay, well if they only care about the invoice number then that's perfect. Hopefully they don't ask for ID at the time of warranty claim...

I have to figure out what I need. I think the 929 uses H4's. All 3 are 55W, but I want a 35W and two 55W's. 5000k for sure.

Okay, well if they only care about the invoice number then that's perfect. Hopefully they don't ask for ID at the time of warranty claim...

I have to figure out what I need. I think the 929 uses H4's. All 3 are 55W, but I want a 35W and two 55W's. 5000k for sure.

So, it always has 2 bulbs on, and the high is the extra (3rd) bulb? Babs has 6K temp bulbs for a reference.
Don't know if one 35w bulb will make much of a difference for high -- it takes two 35w bulbs on Babs for highs to make a difference.

If you want a distinct difference, I'd suggest reversing it -- two 35w and one 55w.

Back
Top Bottom