The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 177 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I am going to this. They are a great group of riders.
Not sure if I'm going to make it out for this yet, really depends on the weather and what time I have to go to my boyfriend's parent's place that day. I should know by about mid-week. Would you wanna meet up and ride down together if I do end up going?

What track are you going to that day. I am considering going I haven't seem some of the guys that will be there in quite a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't see this earlier :p Steve, would you be down for a group ride down there? (if weather is good and I can fit it in with the timing for other things that day?)

Not sure if I'm going to make it out for this yet, really depends on the weather and what time I have to go to my boyfriend's parent's place that day. I should know by about mid-week. Would you wanna meet up and ride down together if I do end up going?

Ya forsure! If the weather is not good we are still meeting up for brunch...we will just be taking our cars :( lol

Didn't see this earlier :p Steve, would you be down for a group ride down there? (if weather is good and I can fit it in with the timing for other things that day?)

I would be down for a ride down depending on weather.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Need to find a little woodlot or ravine in the Waterloo area to play with the Ossa.I'm going nuts! All i need is someplace about the size of a backyard with a few logs and rocks.The bike is very quiet and won't bother anyone,but of course i don't want to trespass on anyones privacy.(i know Steve,it's not plated or insured) Pm me with any ideas.
And of course you are welcome to come along and try this thing.

Need to find a little woodlot or ravine in the Waterloo area to play with the Ossa.I'm going nuts! All i need is someplace about the size of a backyard with a few logs and rocks.The bike is very quiet and won't bother anyone,but of course i don't want to trespass on anyones privacy.(i know Steve,it's not plated or insured) Pm me with any ideas.
And of course you are welcome to come along and try this thing.

***EDIT*** I took my BWS scooter there several times to play off road. I'm not saying it's legal, but I wasn't the only bike enjoying the track. There were hills, jumps and cliffs to enjoy. It's been 2 years since I checked it out. Like I said...there was always at least one or 2 other motocross bikes there too so it seemed legit.

Last edited:
Why are you guys posting this stuff on a public forum? It's the same as posting sport ride route details...

Hello everybody! Is Thursday night still the 'ride night'? I think I only managed to get out a couple of times last year.... I plan on changing that this year!

nothing official yet, last year group rides were just posted randomly, I know a number of people have things going on that day and quite a few trackdays on thursdays coming up this year. There may be others interested in one date though. If its any other day than thursday I would come out on a more regular basis likely.

Tuesdays are out because I try and go to Burrito Boyz in Mississauga, but any other day of the week should be fine.
I'll keep checking back, and if nobody suggests something I'll just pick a random day.

This all seems hap-hazardous. A vote seems to be the the way with the most merit. A run-off vote perhaps? Thoughts?

run-offs go like this:

1: Thursday
2: Monday
3: Saturday
4: Sunday
5: Friday
6: Wednesday
7: Tuesday

After all ballots are complete, the least favourite (#1) day is removed from the ballot. The process is repeated until only 1 day is standing. If multiple days are tied for fewest #1s, then all of those days are eliminated from ballots. This is how Olympic-host cities and federal party leaders are decided btw.

Edit: once 1 day has a majority of #1 support, counting becomes pointless.

Sorry to be a buzzkill....

Unfortunately, with everyone being "in touch" online pretty much all the time everywhere they go, it has become the social norm to be as non-committal as possible to just about everything (unless it involves their childen's schedule, which is usually carved in stone). People want to keep their options open at all costs. The vast majority won't give a "yes" or "no". They simply can't conceive of actually committing to something a couple of weeks, much less a summer in advance.

A suggestion would be for people to post up rides. Whichever is the best attended becomes the day.

Street bike is sold and I'm delivering it Saturday. So track only for me this year!!!!

Back
Top Bottom