The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 155 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

And we thought that the Dragon was cool and tough to ride....

watch

Check out the tunnels at around 4:10 or so... way cool...

Busted link :(

Anyhoo, I just got back from West Virginia and all I can say is you'll never get me back to The Gap again.

The Gap

Over crowded cruiser infested parade show.
Surrounding area road feel just as bad.
If you don't pass 500 cars and bikes per day you aren't riding the speed limit.
Getting pricey cause they know they can do it.
Zero places to party unless you like expensive cab rides.

West Virginia

Empty roads
Most cars you do encounter pull to the side and let you pass them
Zero Cops
55 mph speed limit on every road, even the super twisty ones :)
Incredible mountain roads
Cheap as hell (Most rooms were in the $60 range split by 4 people and most meals were bought for $6)
Friendly people who like to party
You can ride down in a day and not be completely wiped.

The Gap is dead...long live West Virginia!

Aw man. Sorry Keith.
You must have replied in the 3 minutes it took for me to come back to my desk and fix the link when I realized it was broke. Fixed in my original message....

You'll have to send us a google map to the area you were in.... as several of us are considering zipping down there again next summer!

Aw man. Sorry Keith.
You must have replied in the 3 minutes it took for me to come back to my desk and fix the link when I realized it was broke. Fixed in my original message....

You'll have to send us a google map to the area you were in.... as several of us are considering zipping down there again next summer!

The best roads down there include
US 33 but the best part sends you into Virginia
US 250 south to Virginia
US 219 in the Monogahela Forest Region
US 50 in the Northern part of the State
Hwy 20
Hwy 72 headed to Hwy 32

We didn't book any rooms in advance and kinda of just ended up where we ended up.

Aw man. Sorry Keith.

PM it to us friends lol keep the rift raft away as long as possible. :) I say we organize a weekend down before bikes go away :)

Crazy question.

Can your pre load screws back off on their own on your forks from just rising, vibrations etc?

Noticed the left preload screw was 1.5 set lines more backed off then the right side.

Crazy question.

Can your pre load screws back off on their own on your forks from just rising, vibrations etc?

Noticed the left preload screw was 1.5 set lines more backed off then the right side.

I doubt it would move on its own since it's a fine thread under tension.

I doubt it would move on its own since it's a fine thread under tension.

Crazy! Bc I haven't touched it since we set it up last winter and I know we did it right back then.

Maybe someone's got it in for me? Lol

you just can't make this kind of stuff up:

SOUTH HURON – On Aug. 19, 2012 just before 7 p.m., Huron County OPP officers responded to the intersection of Main Street and Centre Street in Dashwood for a report of intoxicated persons riding on a motorized picnic table. Officers patrolled the area and located the motorized picnic table “parked” on the sidewalk on Centre Street. The picnic table had an attached lawnmower engine and four custom wheels.​
A 46-year-old man from South Huron was charged with having an open container of liquor in a public place.

you just can't make this kind of stuff up:

SOUTH HURON – On Aug. 19, 2012 just before 7 p.m., Huron County OPP officers responded to the intersection of Main Street and Centre Street in Dashwood for a report of intoxicated persons riding on a motorized picnic table. Officers patrolled the area and located the motorized picnic table “parked” on the sidewalk on Centre Street. The picnic table had an attached lawnmower engine and four custom wheels.​
A 46-year-old man from South Huron was charged with having an open container of liquor in a public place.

1297302224566_ORIGINAL.jpg

That is so awesome. I'm glad he was only charged with having open booze in public. That invention is genius.

innovation at its best, from an engineering POV, you have to admire it.

Anyone interested in riding down to the mega posefest at the final Burrito Boyz this Tue? I'm thinking a nice easy ride down to Snake Rd, then cruise Lakeshore Blvd up to Port Credit.

LMK.

Anyone interested in riding down to the mega posefest at the final Burrito Boyz this Tue? I'm thinking a nice easy ride down to Snake Rd, then cruise Lakeshore Blvd up to Port Credit.

LMK.

I might be in buddy. Have a flat on the rear and wont get around to fixing it till sunday morning.

I'll let you know if its ready for the ride.

So, you using a plug or tire slime?
Have a plug kit if you want to use it...

LMK.

I'm working until 7:30 and then heading down. You guys can meet me at my work for 7:30....if that's not too late for you. I'll be at the east side of Guelph, right on York Rd.

Back
Top Bottom