The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 156 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Out for a while...
Insurance adjuster is supposed to call me tomorrow... who knows how long it will take for repairs etc to get Babs all sorted after she was bounced into my truck by my neighbours minivan...

If she's written off, then I may be done street riding. Not sure yet... will wait till next year before deciding, but will definitely be done for this year. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hope the frame isn't compromised and ur back out with us soon. Hate to see another bike off the street.

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hope the frame isn't compromised and ur back out with us soon. Hate to see another bike off the street.

Frame is good. Rearset mounts directly to the motor, and that's the problem. Motor casting is damaged.

There big problem with welding the case -- any resale or trade value it has will be significantly reduced.
Also depends on if the adjuster will consider it to be a safety issue, as the rearset is a pretty critical component when turning.
Thanks for the link to Novatek, Dave. Will keep that in mind, again, depending on what the adjuster says.

Worst comes to worst and it's written off and won't do a buy back, I'll wait till spring or winter and see what comes available. Probably won't be a sport bike to save on insurance...

Sent another email to the officer who took my report, and he confirmed I wasn't illegally parked. At least that's going in my favour.

POSE RIDE!

I'm going to head down to Burrito Boyz for the year end posefest and to eat a burrito.

Meet: Timmie's @ University & Bridge
Time: 6:45pm-leave 7pm
Detour: Guelph to pick up Katatonic and any other Guelphies (KAT: PM me your work address)
Route: Super boring HWY with Snake Rd thrown in, dark boring HWYs on the way home.
Pace: Max 10 kph over
Extremely Noob friendly but the street lights will be on so no M1s please.

POSE RIDE!

I'm going to head down to Burrito Boyz for the year end posefest and to eat a burrito.

Meet: Timmie's @ University & Bridge
Time: 6:45pm-leave 7pm
Detour: Guelph to pick up Katatonic and any other Guelphies (KAT: PM me your work address)
Route: Super boring HWY with Snake Rd thrown in, dark boring HWYs on the way home.
Pace: Max 10 kph over
Extremely Noob friendly but the street lights will be on so no M1s please.

Thank you!!

Anybody up for a "Save Babs the Buell" rally in my driveway on the weekend? Thinking with a BBQ and all...
Monday sounds like a good play date... ;-)

Last edited:
Do we get signs and scantily clad women :)

I can make up signs at work. Can ask Michelle and Krista to wear their bikinis I guess. :D
If they refuse, you can ask Jer to show his moobs if you're desperate enough....

Seriously though - anyone interested in a BBQ on Monday? My back yard isn't huge but it'll hold enough people...
I'll pick up a whack of sausage and buns...

And of course, to qualify for entry you'll need to park your bike on my driveway... :rolleyes:

I can make up signs at work. Can ask Michelle and Krista to wear their bikinis I guess. :D
If they refuse, you can ask Jer to show his moobs if you're desperate enough....

Seriously though - anyone interested in a BBQ on Monday? My back yard isn't huge but it'll hold enough people...
I'll pick up a whack of sausage and buns...

And of course, to qualify for entry you'll need to park your bike on my driveway... :rolleyes:

Would love to, but I'm leaving for Tennessee on Sunday....
Can I go to your place for a bbq when I get back? :D

Would love to, but I'm leaving for Tennessee on Sunday....
Can I go to your place for a bbq when I get back? :D

If you're going to the Gap, get the local BBQ... it's freakin' amazing...
Pulled pork plate, 2 sides and a soft drink for like $8..

Back
Top Bottom