The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 50 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

[video=youtube;vQIbqaeScMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIbqaeScMQ[/video]

It's no wonder the GTA has so many absolutely terrible drivers when even the "instructors" (using the term very loosely) are tools.

Every few years someone in the media does an expose piece on shoddy driving schools, every time the MTO promises to review things and fix the problems, crackdown, blah blah blah...years later, same old crap. Problem is all the barely educated drivers that these schools pump out are the reasons for our sky high accident rates, which in turn, affects ALL the rest of us in increased insurance rates.

Too much time spent videoing a potentially catastrophic situation and not enough time phoning OPP over a potentially deadly incident.

From Cp24. Com

OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said he believes the driver was an elderly woman – an observation echoed by those who shot the video of the car going eastbound in the westbound lane.

“I think it was a confused woman – I don't know the circumstances of it,” Schmidt said Sunday. “I know the vehicle was stopped and she was checked out by an ambulance and then taken back.”

No charges were laid, he said.

JEEBUS, if they didn't lay any charges, I hope to hell it's because she handed in her license.

No charges were laid, he said.

Seriously??

THIS is the kind of thing that causes people to lose ALL faith in the politicians and bureaucrats AND POLICE.

What's more dangerous ... someone going 50 km/h above the posted limit in good conditions and good visibility but in the proper direction (and only 20-30 km/h above normal traffic flow) who gets nailed to the wall for doing that, or someone going THE WRONG WAY at highway speed when it's snowing and gets NOTHING??

Mistakes can happen ... you can miss seeing a sign and get in the wrong way, it happens, but shouldn't the sight of traffic going THE OTHER WAY make you STOP before conflicting with that traffic?

Wrong way on the highway should be automatic instant driver's license removal AND a dangerous driving charge.

Being old is no excuse. Being old doesn't help the innocent driver that collides head-on with them.

Every few years someone in the media does an expose piece on shoddy driving schools, every time the MTO promises to review things and fix the problems, crackdown, blah blah blah...years later, same old crap. Problem is all the barely educated drivers that these schools pump out are the reasons for our sky high accident rates, which in turn, affects ALL the rest of us in increased insurance rates.

Precisely. Beyond the accidents, it's also very likely a large part as to why the road manners and so horrendous. Left-lane-hogs, etc..

I'm sure her chance to redo her license will push to the top of the list.

Saw lots of accidents today on the way home from work..

In a RWD car with summers, I managed. Wasn't too bad out there to be honest. Can't believe there were that many accidents.

Remind you, that old lady first took an exit ramp to enter a westbound lane ... then she crossed three lanes and ended up on a far left side.

Last edited:
Seriously??

THIS is the kind of thing that causes people to lose ALL faith in the politicians and bureaucrats AND POLICE.

What's more dangerous ... someone going 50 km/h above the posted limit in good conditions and good visibility but in the proper direction (and only 20-30 km/h above normal traffic flow) who gets nailed to the wall for doing that, or someone going THE WRONG WAY at highway speed when it's snowing and gets NOTHING??

Mistakes can happen ... you can miss seeing a sign and get in the wrong way, it happens, but shouldn't the sight of traffic going THE OTHER WAY make you STOP before conflicting with that traffic?

Wrong way on the highway should be automatic instant driver's license removal AND a dangerous driving charge.

Being old is no excuse. Being old doesn't help the innocent driver that collides head-on with them.

I can't agree more. It seems just 'cause someone is old the law should treat them differently than rest of us.

JEEBUS, if they didn't lay any charges, I hope to hell it's because she handed in her license.

Doubt it, little old lady was probably crying and all shaken up, officers heart melted. So, despite driving the wrong way on the 401 with the potential to cause a head on collision that could result in the death of multiple people, no charges. 6 or 8 blocks away, $500 charge and 3 points for the guy looking at a text at a stoplight.

[video=youtube;38BPVEZwvhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38BPVEZwvhI[/video]

[video=youtube;HLh5UrbUA90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh5UrbUA90[/video]

Not Canada, but probably the most stupid person I've seen on video to date

[video=youtube;u4bvSru_dAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4bvSru_dAg[/video]

Betting he is one of the usual special snowflakes who will yell back "If you hit me I'll sue" somehow from beyond the grave.

No dashcam, but years ago I had a pedestrian on their phone walk partially into the side of my bumper while I was sitting at a red at Bloor and Bay...flipped me off yelling to watch the #*#& where I am going...I hadn't moved a mm in over a minute...

I only have video of the aftermath, but there was a crash in the parking lot at york today... Guy busted his rad so I'm assuming someone was going faster than they should have been in an icy parking lot.

While they were exchanging information, I was having some fun with traction control off in the empty side of the parking lot.

[video=youtube;GHkdJ7Rxlco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkdJ7Rxlco[/video]

[video=youtube;GHkdJ7Rxlco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkdJ7Rxlco[/video]

I actually got mad just watching this... I know this is a horrible thing to say but guy had a clear shot at the drivers door, kind of wished he slammed into it (not super hard of course but maybe enough to knock some sense into that idiot) ;)

The sigh at the end says it all, no words to describe what goes on inside that drivers head... No point even trying to comprehend the stupidity.

Last edited:
This morning there was some sort of incident on the 410 southbound, at Courtney Park, around 5:35am. I think that it was a hit and run in the fast lane. All that I know for sure, is that I was suddenly presented with a sea of brake lights and a car in the left lane, with the passenger side of the front bumper half torn off, started moving from the fast lane to the right breakdown lane at less than 20 Kmh. it took a couple of minutes to do this as cars whipped by on either side, with me stuck behind it. There's nothing like being virtually stopped in the centre lane of a 100 Kmh highway, surrounded by half asleep commuters, to wake you right up.

I only have video of the aftermath, but there was a crash in the parking lot at york today... Guy busted his rad so I'm assuming someone was going faster than they should have been in an icy parking lot.

While they were exchanging information, I was having some fun with traction control off in the empty side of the parking lot.
Guy is off work due to a parking lot accident in Brampton over the Easter weekend. They estimated that the car that hit him was doing about 100km.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom