TD Insurance Spike?! m109r rider | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance Spike?! m109r rider

Interesting how many others have called and been told no there is no way the rate will be lowered. Did you confirm that all the coverages you had this year are exactly the same as you will have next year? IE no reductions in coverage or upped deductibles etc. I guess it is possible that yours was truly one of the very very few that had an error in it.

It's worth giving them a call. I just got my TD renewal notification and they increased me from $856 to $1400 on my 2011 DD 750. I called and they gave me some line about how since the weather is warmer the riding season is longer and thus they need more premium, I politely said I thought that was insane and that I wouldn't be renewing. The agent then asked me all the standard questions for obtaining insurance again, which he already knew the answers to, and said "oh, I found a bunch of deductions you qualify for and have got your quote down to a dollar less than last year so you're at $855." So I think this is basically an idiot tax where if you're dumb enough to renew without calling in to ***** about it they'll gladly take your money. A quick phone call saved me close to $600 or the hassle of setting up insurance somewhere else. If they're trying to bend you over give them a quick call, I was literally on the phone all of 5 minutes.

Paul and Chris are legit. I talked to them about both my bike and car insurance this month while shopping for a new company. Unfortunately for me their quote was higher than what I ended up getting at Allstate. But very professional in all our dealings by email very prompt replies etc.

As for car and Bike I was dealing with Paul for the bike and Chris for the car so perhaps Paul doesn't do auto policies.

Thanks for the kind words.

In November I bought a new bike (to me), a 2008 Triumph Scrambler. I already have coverage with TD MM for my 2007 650 Versys and was happy to get a quote of $525 for the bike. The other day I get my renewal notice and see a 40% increase from $525 to $728 ... WTF??? I call them to find out what's going on. I get the same line as it has nothing to do with my record ( I'm 53, married, have been riding for 30yrs, no accidents or tickets) but it is an "applied for raise" across the board. So I start getting quotes from others that have ranged from $940 to $816 for the same coverage. As much as I HATE TD MM, it looks like they are still cheaper. Once again the insurance companies are looking to recoup losses from a small group who they feel are able to afford it. I've shopped around for 4 years and have changed companies 2 times and it's always the same, a low initial rate to get your business, then BANG the stick it to you the following year. Governments, banks, and insurance companies are the scourge of the working man.

M endorsements, 2 riders both 71, 5 bikes, 2 mil with fire and theft and other manditory offerings with no collision. TD General group. '01 250 zzr, '07 400 Burg man '08 Honda 125 R, '09 Kymco B&W 250, '09 Yamaha BWS 125. Grand total is $1861. All licensed. Done deal for me. Not in GTHA.

So I decided to give Chris/Paul a try because my insurance went up from $960 to $1200 with TDMM. I just got my quote and they gave me $2200...am I missing something? GM licensed, no accidents/tickets, over 25

So I decided to give Chris/Paul a try because my insurance went up from $960 to $1200 with TDMM. I just got my quote and they gave me $2200...am I missing something? GM licensed, no accidents/tickets, over 25

Hey kc02, I can give you a quote and see what we come up with if you would like. 866-471-1900 Ext 5011

I have a spotless record was paying $1464 with TD, 35 yr old, M, 10 years.... Got my renewal this year jumped to $2230!? Guy said it's because of all the motorcycle issues as of late.

Seriously what the...

Anyone know what's going on, who should I try?

Something is not right, I am with TDMM similar age and M, called for 2012 M109R quote and they said $1400 same as what they told me last year in Aug when I called for it the first time. I am in Peel, maybe in your area too many claims for M109

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom