TD Insurance Spike?! m109r rider | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance Spike?! m109r rider

Rate on the 1000 went up $250 for next months renewal. Rate on the new Magnum is pretty high also so I'll hopefully have luck shopping around.
Noticed Bowmanville is listed under the Oshawa/Newmarket region on my paperwork which is a crock of ****.

Just got my renewal from TD today.
Went from $1350 to $1850ish. A 37% increase for no reason at all...
2012 KTM RC8r

Well I called TD yesterday, to cancel my policy effective the renewal date, (31 Jan 2016), due to the 30% incresase. TD wanted $1452 this year I got the excact same coverages from Allstate for $1096. I was with TD, (TD Home and Auto Insurance), last year, I got a letter in Nov explaining I was being moved to "TDGI TD General Insurance" The rep I was speaking to lives in NB. She said the increase was "likely due to 2 factors" The high FRAUD claims here in Ontario. She said they also had the same issue a couple of years ago in NB. The fraud was "cracked down on" and the rates dropped "considerably" what ever that means..lol She then said also the fact that TDGI uses a different underwriter which lead to a substantial increase for many customers. She admitted she has had this same conversation, (canceling policy), with a LOT of clients but she gets it. She did say "some" are seeing a rate decrease but that most are seeing substantial increases.

Unfortunately even after a 70% increase TD still has the best rate for me so far.
That is both mindblowing (up 70 %) and disgusting (still best rate).
I'm starting to get worried about my Dejardins renewal come May.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

My insurance dropped by $40/month on renewal. But since I have 3 vehicles bundled it could've been the cars that went down. I didn't look into it. I'm with The Personal.

CTV is doing a consumer alert with the 6 o clock news

Some guys motorcycle insurance shot up 80% this year

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well I called TD yesterday, to cancel my policy effective the renewal date, (31 Jan 2016), due to the 30% incresase. TD wanted $1452 this year I got the excact same coverages from Allstate for $1096. I was with TD, (TD Home and Auto Insurance), last year, I got a letter in Nov explaining I was being moved to "TDGI TD General Insurance" The rep I was speaking to lives in NB. She said the increase was "likely due to 2 factors" The high FRAUD claims here in Ontario. She said they also had the same issue a couple of years ago in NB. The fraud was "cracked down on" and the rates dropped "considerably" what ever that means..lol She then said also the fact that TDGI uses a different underwriter which lead to a substantial increase for many customers. She admitted she has had this same conversation, (canceling policy), with a LOT of clients but she gets it. She did say "some" are seeing a rate decrease but that most are seeing substantial increases.
Be nice if they actually cracked down on the fraud rather than screw us all.

Not TD but
b00c87a1ddb459fd91399c4b9f8817ea.jpg

Well...looks like I'm another victim of TD rates going up. Just got my renewal today. Went from $1100/yr full coverage to $1968!!! Absolutely ridiculous. I'm 45, clean record. M License..have had insurance with no claims since I was 16. Insane. I'll give this Chris guy a call for sure.

Maybe we should all contact "Go public" or Marketplace at the CBC - This is ridiculous.
CTV did a poor job with that short clip.

Maybe we should all contact "Go public" or Marketplace at the CBC - This is ridiculous.
CTV did a poor job with that short clip.

What did you expect? Do you think they care about us motorcyclists...the percentage of riders in Canada is way too low compared to Europe.
If it was in Europe there would be a protest!!

Already posted in the other thread but yea... mine went up from $500 to $1000. 100% increase for a Ninja 300.

To those whose premiums dropped with TD....
I'm curious: Care to share what kind of bike you ride/years riding/licence/location/age....etc?????
It seems their logic is really skewed. No pattern as to who is actually riskier to insure.
I'm waiting for my renewal next week, and I'm not expecting anything positive as it seems most renewals have increased.

Back
Top Bottom