SOAR Racing Thread | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

not sure who it was that won rookie but can someone warn him that its really dangerous to be weaving down a strait like he was before omg. there wasnt anyone close behind him luckily but I think that was his attempt at blocking on a strait.
Not sure if he is on the site. He cut right across a few guys I know of over the two races and ran off the track in each race (still managed to win on Sunday after running off). I had a crap race Sunday so wasn't close enough to see what you are talking about but that doesn't sound like much fun to be behind.
Still kicking myself for not attending. looked like fun and will be their for round 4, layout looked outstanding. who did win?
The long track layout will also be run round 6 so you can come try then, if there isn't a chance of rain of course :p. The guy that won was 11 in rd1, 8 in rd2 and 1st in rd 3 so big improvement for him but he did some rookie rounds last year also and has done the max now to be eligible for rookie so I don't think he will be out again.

The long track layout will also be run round 6 so you can come try then, if there isn't a chance of rain of course :p. The guy that won was 11 in rd1, 8 in rd2 and 1st in rd 3 so big improvement for him but he did some rookie rounds last year also and has done the max now to be eligible for rookie so I don't think he will be out again.
When I was running Rookie I found that the first 2 rounds were the most attended and the most competitive rounds, the consecutive rounds are less attended and the guys with experience will start moving to 600 extreme etc.

As a matter of fact some of the Rookie guys from teh first rounds went on to win 600 extreme and pull second and first place in nationals

Last edited:
When I was running Rookie I found that the first 2 rounds were the most attended and the most competitive rounds, the consecutive rounds are less attended and the guys with experience will start moving to 600 extreme etc.

Exactly. And unfortunately that doesn't leave me with anyone left in rookie that I can pass! Oh well...someone has to be the backmarker. Once Kyle starts to lap me though I am done.

That is not only dangerous but ridiculous, if someone is going by him and he pulls that trick it will end badly, marshals should black flag his ***

You can see the weaving thing he does on the last couple laps. Not my style of riding, but it got him the win.
That's crazy, good thing nobody was close enough and had a good drive on him while trying to past a weaving bike down the straight. I see he tried to chop off your nose going into the carousel but ran wide. Once I get up the qualifier race you will see it happen there also.

It's tough to see since it's on the rearview but nice to see a replay of when my front was washing out in OMG corner.

As a matter of fact some of the Rookie guys from teh first rounds went on to win 600 extreme and pull second and first place in nationals

Yep, Rd 2 (did have a couple RACE guys) had 17ish guys in rookie and this round had 8 on Sat and 7 on Sun.

That is not only dangerous but ridiculous, if someone is going by him and he pulls that trick it will end badly, marshals should black flag his ***

He also ran off twice during the weekend, came back on once in front of me and thankfully held his line down the drag straight as I had way more speed since he came off the grass. The second time, on Sunday, when he came back on he almost took out another rider as he just ripped it off the grass and cut straight across the race line without even a glance around.

I have watched the video start to finish. I will be talk to him.
Keep in mind this is Rookie (not making light of the riding) it is the riders third weekend racing. Many things in Rookie are lets say uninformed and can be dangerous. So to that end I will be talking with the rider.
Before we hang him high lets assume he is just uneducated that his actions can be dangerous. Too many kids learning racing from video games and NASCAR where this is a viable defense.
That being said excluding some "creative" lines it was a very well run race and you guys should be very proud of your race. Kyle you hanging with these guys riding your antique was very impressive.

I have watched the video start to finish. I will be talk to him.
Keep in mind this is Rookie (not making light of the riding) it is the riders third weekend racing. Many things in Rookie are lets say uninformed and can be dangerous. So to that end I will be talking with the rider.
Before we hang him high lets assume he is just uneducated that his actions can be dangerous. Too many kids learning racing from video games and NASCAR where this is a viable defense.
That being said excluding some "creative" lines it was a very well run race and you guys should be very proud of your race. Kyle you hanging with these guys riding your antique was very impressive.
It is not everyones third round, as an example, the guy that won was his sixth race weekend but I know what you are saying. The more the merrier in my opinion on the grid as long as it's safe and glad to hear that you will address any safety concerns. As you mentioned a lot of guys don't know when they are so new to the race scene (I am new also) and I am sure that everyone would be appreciative of any safety feedback received.

Is it mid August yet?

That pass at 6:47 in the Rookie final was awesome.

Lost Era Light heat race
[video=youtube;ElYsdOqsVq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElYsdOqsVq4[/video]

Sweet. With my **** front end my game plan was brake early but brake less. Kinda showed there

Lost Era Light final. Bit of a snoozer for me. I had to make sure I passed the other Honda lol

The new owner did a great job fixing up my old girl. He just needs to keep feeding her potato chips.

Weekend started off with a bang for me. Went out for first practice just as the folks showed up to watch. Threw it down the road on the third lap out lol.

Went for the brakes on the short straight after OMG and realized I was catching Alex's 748 way faster than I should be on the brakes, kept squeezing and it wasn't slowing, then it bucked me off like a rodeo bull and slid down past the cones. Luckily it took almost no damage. Ground my peg and frame slider down a bit, a few scuffs on the tremclad, but otherwise good. My right glove pretty much exploded at the base of the fingers, but my hand was unscathed. Bickle said he'd never seen it before. My palm ended up turning a nice purple colour and my hip did it's best to match. Luckily it wasn't too much of a problem while riding the bike.

We pulled the pads afterwards and they were about as black as my tires and as glazed as the dohnuts in the pitbike race. Thankfully, Scott has some old pads off his 929 endurance bike that matched up. Cleaned the calipers thoroughly, sanded the pads, and put everything back together. Bedded them in up and down the pit lane and hoped for the best. I didn't realize until Sunday that the master reservoir was almost full to the brim so that could have had something to do with it too. Removed some fluid until it was between the marks.

Started the Lost Era Light race with no real idea of where to brake or even if they were even going to work at all so I rode pretty tentative and subsequently got passed by Kellen, and Tyler. By the end I was getting my braking markers down but the front guys were already gone. Saw bentley show me a wheel a few times but he never came past.

Onto the Rookie qualifier where I started 2nd and proceeded to pull the biggest wheelie ever off the line, damn near flipping the bike, and mashing my nards in the process. Dropped to 5th by T2, and was back to third by the end of the lap thanks to ATTS taking the long way around the carousel. Late apexed Big Daddy and drag raced Garrison down the drag strip straight into second place. Made a few mistakes trying to catch the leader and has settled for 2nd by the final lap. That is until he decided to take a washroom brake and ran wide off big daddy, letting me by for the win.

Lost Era Light final was pretty lackluster. Got a bad start trying not to replicate my wheelstand from Rookie the day before. By the time I got around the 2 guys immediately in front of me the lead pack was already halfway down the drag straight. It was a lonely race from then on. Gapped the guys behind while not being able to catch the guys in front. Somebody from the twins went down around half way. Brought it home in 5th.

The Rookie final as a barn burner. The first half was a proper melee on wheels. Passes coming almost every corner within the top 5. As my bike is among the slowest and oldest in the class I had to do all of my passing on the brakes. I had an epic duel for the first couple laps with the newcomer neil who was pitted next to us. He'd pass me down the drag straight, i'd get him on the brakes into OMG, then accidwently leave it in third, and he'd pass me again on the short straight, then I'd get him again into the carousel or T1. Eventually I made my moves and passed for the lead with over half the race already done. I thought I had it made, and put my head down and focused on nailing my marks and braking late. David, the guy who ran off while leading the heat race AND ran off at some point in this race, came up the inside onto the back straight with a few to go and it was on. He passed me down the straight and I did him on the brakes, he chopped my nose off but ran wide letting me back up the inside. Just as this was happening my rear Dunlop decided that it was done, in a hurry. Started sliding the rear almost every right hander. On the power and on the brakes. David passed me again and I made a couple mistakes and I missed the top of the box again. It was a hell of a race.

Gonna edit the videos tonight and have them up hopefully tomorrow.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first weekend racing. Also good to see your perspective of some of my god awful lines lol. I was happy as hell to see you put the F4 to work...Ive been telling my buddy his can still keep up lol.

Rookie Race from Neil's perspective. Bike is quick down the straights.
[video=youtube;bD3y6MNAejc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD3y6MNAejc[/video]

Holy crap. Hes got to get off the rev limiter. I think I even heard it cutting in on a couple of down shifts. Gonna float a valve. Plus its hurting lap times a lot. Sucks at the end with what I thought was him hitting neutral. Watched the race and it was very entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom