SOAR Racing Thread | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

Paulo was ON FIRE I tell ya!! On fire.......next to Westbrook, Paulo was the 2nd fastest man PERIOD, on the track for endurance!......3 degrees celsius, rain and sleet, and ultimately hail and snow by the end, and he was flat out flying.
Thanks buddy - I think everyone just slowed down to make me end the year in a good note lol

You rode 3 hrs straight man - Fantastic.

Results are up:
http://www.soaracing.ca/html/round_6.html

Last edited:
+1 for Paulo. Dude was flyin' out there.

Had some good fun this weekend regardless of the ridiculous weather. You know you're roadracing in Canada when people were racing in Winter jackets over their suits.

Really enjoyed watching the Endurance and got to help Omnivore during his Pit Stop. Most people would have been relieved to finish and endurance race, he was just ****** he didn't get to ride the full 3hrs lol.

Watching 49over slip sliding around in the grass off the kink was one of the most graceful crashes I've ever seen.

The biggest lesson I learned this weekend is that you get waaaay better starts when you remember to put your bike in gear. Doh!

Newman, thanks for the bottle of water too! I needed it.....as for your lesson, I think you just wanted to rub salt in the wound of the Rookie grid......leaving your bike in neutral on the start with your arm up, then joining the race after they all left, on the oldest slowest bike in the class, to pass them all and take the win by more than 10 seconds.
Congrats Rookie champ!

I really don't know if I would have won had that not happened. I was so nervous going into that race, and cocking it up right at the start made the nerves go away and just focus on the task at hand. Hardest I've ridden, ever. Totally forgot that it was 6 degrees out and I should probably not be going that fast lol

Finally got a gopro (old one) so hopefully I can get some footage of you next year for a change!

Me Likey the Rain :)

Round 6 Rookie Final. Now featuring live commentary from Lindsay.

[video=youtube;GKYfifMHutg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYfifMHutg[/video]

Started on pole. Forgot to put the bike in gear. Doh! Thankfully nobody hit me off the start. From then on I gave it all I had to get back to the front.

Nice riding, you can see you had some urgency on you!

How did you manage to get Lindsay's commentary on the video? pretty cool

Nice riding, you can see you had some urgency on you!

How did you manage to get Lindsay's commentary on the video? pretty cool
Thanks man!

I had been trying all season to record the commentary using a portable radio going directly to a recorder but it would give weird feedback so I went oldschool and just left my truck radio on during the race and recorded that.

Newman, that's really cool to have Lindsay, front and rear in one video. Nice work.

Thanks man!

I had been trying all season to record the commentary using a portable radio going directly to a recorder but it would give weird feedback so I went oldschool and just left my truck radio on during the race and recorded that.
Haa lol - ghetto sometimes is better!

Watching the guy at the front crash and remembering my constant crashing last year I think one of the most important things in racing is to find all your markers during practice (push it until you find the latest braking point) and always hit each one of them during the race, the moment you go above and beyond your markers that's when your *** ends on the ground or you lose so much time and end in the back of the pack.

Last edited:
Haa lol - ghetto sometimes is better!

Watching the guy at the front crash and remembering my constant crashing last year I think one of the most important things in racing is to find all your markers during practice (push it until you find the latest braking point) and always hit each one of them during the race, the moment you go above and beyond your markers that's when your *** ends on the ground or you lose so much time and end in the back of the pack.

Thats hard to do, I know I'll push my brake marker back 5-10ft if it means I can make a pass. It's when you try and divebomb up the inside of someone while trying to trail brake with serious lean angle that things go wrong. Even then it's amazing how much front brake you can apply with a good amount of lean angle before loosing the front.

Back
Top Bottom