Sea fishing Q | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sea fishing Q

Steep learning curve this. Found out why a spinner is called a spinner (duh). Also found out that it is possible to reel in a lure quicker than the fish can get to it. I watched two asthmatic fish get outpaced. Watched another fish jump at the lure. My casts don't seem to go much further than about 50ft or so. That doesn't seem too fantastic. I slapped a reasonable weight on the rig. Still excellent fun though.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Most anglers proficient at casting average 25-30 yards, depending on their tackle and wind conditions. When I used to guide, I'd teach people new to fishing to cast this far.1
Trickier to cast with weight plus a lure ....better to have heavier lure. Put a big spoon on and watch it fly.
Wind can be very useful or very frustrating.
You try any bait fishing with a float yet?

Steep learning curve this. Found out why a spinner is called a spinner (duh). Also found out that it is possible to reel in a lure quicker than the fish can get to it. I watched two asthmatic fish get outpaced. Watched another fish jump at the lure. My casts don't seem to go much further than about 50ft or so. That doesn't seem too fantastic. I slapped a reasonable weight on the rig. Still excellent fun though.

Wait until you find out about topwater fishing ;)

Trickier to cast with weight plus a lure ....better to have heavier lure. Put a big spoon on and watch it fly.
Wind can be very useful or very frustrating.
You try any bait fishing with a float yet?
Not yet. Might save some of the langostine we bought for dinner to use.

Finally. Caught my first fish. A 4" thing with a bunch of tiny teeth. It croaked at me and covered my gloves in stinky slime. Managed to get the hook out of its lip on the second go and then chucked him back in the sea.

Back
Top Bottom