Fishing! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fishing!

Many lodges are lure only , or flys . Bait fishing is for the great unwashed masses.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

He's not in a lodge...AirBnB and with no fishing licence even...unlikely restriction.
That said...the fake live bait is pretty good these days.

Yes we know he’s not in a lodge , he previously posted that . He ( OP) made mention many Panama lodges are lure only .
My comment is many lodges are lure only , bait style fishing is not considered sportsman like . Within many sport fishing groups bait fishing is the equivalent of shooting an elk to hang the carcass so you can shoot the bear that comes for it .

The rod arrived. I didn’t think that the package that came was the rod as it was impossibly light. The protective tube for the rod is heavier than the rod itself. Very impressed with the quality. It’s not as compact as I thought it would be but it fits in the case fine.

I assembled it indoors and are you telling me that these thin things can haul 10lb fish out of water?

I assembled it indoors and are you telling me that these thin things can haul 10lb fish out of water?
Ideally not but beggars can't be choosers. Normally use rod and reel.to get fix close enough to surface to net it and net brings it in.

Ideally not but beggars can't be choosers. Normally use rod and reel.to get fix close enough to surface to net it and net brings it in.

I’ve seen some collapsible nets. Not sure I can pack one of these too.

Actually, maybe I can. They seem to be about 1lb in weight and collapse right down.

Got a $30 fold up floating net with 16” hoop. Weighs just under 1lb.

Last edited:
If you bring a net, you won't need one.
If you don't.....

Soooooo……I need to pack another bag with all the crap I collected for this fishing fantasy. Apparently, it doesn’t matter how light things are, when you have enough of them and add them together they can weigh a significant amount. Who knew. It’s not earth shattering but I’d rather manhandle a couple of light bags vs one massive thing that will give me a hernia.

Also, dumbass move 1…nowhere in the YouTube videos for spooling a reel did it mention about making sure the drag wasn’t set at the minimum. I wondered why nothing was happening.

I also have an identification folding guide for fish. It’s shame they list the maximum sizes as now I have nightmares about a fish dragging my rod out to sea.

Everytime a package arrives now my wife just says “more fish stuff?” And shakes her head.

Need a list.
Did you rig the reel to rod and try casting?? 🍿

Well…I added the reel to the rod and it felt OK. Balanced I think. No casting yet but I might leave that to the holiday for ***** and giggles.

I bought some soft lures from crappy tire. Whatever was on sale, a bag of what appear to be gummy worms and gummy krill. Got a flounder lure set from Amazon so I can use that with or without the weights and it comes with leaders and swivels etc.

Ordered some barbless octopus hooks size 2-0 in case I have issues getting fish off the barbed hooks.

Some extra 10lb monofilament in case my reel croaks and some fluorocarbon leader to make my own ridiculous rigs that will no doubt be totally useless. Oh, and some cheap ass clip on floats.

Also a pair of Amazon’s finest crappy fishing gloves for hot weather since I’ve been reading about how some fish have comedy spines to entrap dumbass anglers and others are just slimey.

Floating folding net on the way.

808 - sure wait for the holiday.

Open face ??? not a great way to start. IMNSHO.
The reel goes under the rod eh .... ;) :D

Just chatted to a local fishing from the rocks. He pointed out beached sardines flapping about on the sand that I didn’t see. Hundreds of them. Then pointed at the “black water” in the shallows which were schools of sardines that something has corralled. I’m thinking that’s a good sign.

Try casting side arm rather than over hand . Maybe less distances but also less kerplunk.

Agree. Probably holding the line on his finger too long. Like friction point on a clutch, once he gets it figured out its easy but prior to that failures are dramatic and very noticeable.

Getting better. Obviously the reason that I've caught nothing is the equipment now.

Pretty sure the fish here are safe from me. I saw them jumping and managed to cast among the splashes but nada.

I'll try the side arm thing. My casts so far are big loopy things.

Also, this is so relaxing.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom