Ride Report: 2021 Summer Solstice Ride | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride Report: 2021 Summer Solstice Ride

Gary said:
Shane.......try strapping the airhawk in an "X" pattern under the seat, rather than having the straps parallel. It should help to stabilize it.
now THAT is a good idea but my seat is a pain to remove - wonder if i can do that without removing the seat

If you can get at the adjustment piece on that bra strap than you should be able to lengthen the strap and swap one side from front to back.
Might be hard to do and eventually you will choose to remove the seat anyways.

now THAT is a good idea but my seat is a pain to remove - wonder if i can do that without removing the seat
Depends on what's under there to prevent you from shifting it forward or back.

Yeah I can get at both straps and with the small seat should be able to x it...I tend to hit the seat seat with my boots so put some sticky stuff on the bottom to hold it in place and that works okay but the X idea is better.
Of course removing the seat is an option and since the bike is in for service next Monday they will be taking the seat off... :D

I have an airhawk, a couple of them actually, 2 alaska sheepskin as well. Unfortunately they take me way high on the seat and I am already on my toes at 5'2 ish and a 28" inseam.

I tried something different on my recent PA wilds trip on the long weekend that worked for me.
I always have some of that dollarama sticky perforated shelf liner with me, in case I have to strap something somewhere and out of desperation I used that as a seat pad.

I folded it a couple times and it gave me enough comfort to keep riding and changed the pressure points. Also changed the angles slightly on my wrists and palms .

It worked a treat. It didn't shift around, it didn't constantly fall off if I got off the bike and it didn't raise me uncomfortably high. $2.00. Plus I had to use it as an actual sticky pad when the mapbook I bought didn't fit in my bags. Lol.

Oh, and I still felt connected enough to the bike. I also feel like the airhawk is an odd riding sensation. Don't like it much.

Just my 0.02 if anyone is interested.

A few of us are going to do this again this year - on Tuesday June 20th.
One rider can't make it, so now there's room for one more if you are interested in joining up - ideally for the whole ride and not just a part of it.

Pace will be fun in the corners and respectful in the towns. No sit down lunch, and we're bringing snacks / lunch with scenic stops for breaks.
This year there's two sections without a gas stop for 250km.

Note: This is a 17hr ride - leaving my place in Mississauga around 5am and hope to be home around 10pm.
Route is just under 1400km and looks something like what's below. Lot's of twisty roads and very little highway... nothing like hitting up Calabogie and the 518 in one day.

:)
1686782899601.png

Enjoy the ride and ride safe

A few of us are going to do this again this year - on Tuesday June 20th.
One rider can't make it, so now there's room for one more if you are interested in joining up - ideally for the whole ride and not just a part of it.

Pace will be fun in the corners and respectful in the towns. No sit down lunch, and we're bringing snacks / lunch with scenic stops for breaks.
This year there's two sections without a gas stop for 250km.

Note: This is a 17hr ride - leaving my place in Mississauga around 5am and hope to be home around 10pm.
Route is just under 1400km and looks something like what's below. Lot's of twisty roads and very little highway... nothing like hitting up Calabogie and the 518 in one day.

:)
View attachment 61574
As I recall someone posted the 518 is in rough condition currently

As I recall someone posted the 518 is in rough condition currently
Thanks!
I was on it this year back in May and didn't find it too bad, but it's definitely not as smooth as it's been. Some spots were a bit rough or needed some extra attention due to the sand, but it was still fun. If it's better now than it was in May with no sand in the corners, it'll be good times.

You guys want Volt roadside assistance!?

I wouldn’t dare do the first ride on a motorcycle as a solstice ride. A little too dicey if I’m not familiar / comfortable on a bike.
Last year's Solstice ride was the first on my bike too. You'll be fine. I think.

And if you want to drive up in your Volt to Barry's Bay for lunch that would be sweet.

Last year's Solstice ride was the first on my bike too. You'll be fine. I think.

And if you want to drive up in your Volt to Barry's Bay for lunch that would be sweet.
Only bike I would trust to do a long ride as a first ride is @LBV ’s Scrambler as he seems like the type to really take care of his machines.

But I don’t see it happening simply due to time of buying, safetying, preparing, and convincing my dad he should keep working on my house as I go for a full day ride 😂😂😂

I’m honesty shocked it’s been a year already since the last Solstice ride.

I think the only place that has stock of the nails you need for that siding is Berry's bay. ;)

Never been.
Will have to check it out.

What's the name.?

Back
Top Bottom