Ride Report: 2021 Summer Solstice Ride | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride Report: 2021 Summer Solstice Ride

Not quite sure what route to do next year!
Is there any road you haven't done yet?

Glad to see you made it home.
What was your total for the day?

Is there any road you haven't done yet?

Glad to see you made it home.
What was your total for the day?
Thanks and I’m sure there are some hidden gems I have never been in before.

I think my total was around 1200km.

Thanks again for the Airhawk seat cover!
That was a huge help and made the highway portions much more tolerable.

Thanks and I’m sure there are some hidden gems I have never been in before.

I think my total was around 1200km.

Thanks again for the Airhawk seat cover!
That was a huge help and made the highway portions much more tolerable.
What time did you get home? I figured you’d be closer to 1500 by the end.

Thanks again for leading a great ride!

Everyone had fun, and came home in one piece.

Successes all around.

Love the Airhawk cushions! The trick is to deflate them right to the point where your butt is barely above the seat. Many people overinflate them and complain that it feels unstable like you're sitting on a balloon.

A good aftermarket seat is almost as good as an Airhawk. Everyone's butt is different, but personally, I find flatter, broader seats are more comfortable for me over long distances than softer, plush seats.

YMMV - literally.

What time did you get home? I figured you’d be closer to 1500 by the end.

Thanks again for leading a great ride!

Everyone had fun, and came home in one piece.

Successes all around.
Got home at 10pm. We were originally going to try and complete all the roads on the route, but took some longer breaks instead.
Always great to have you on the rides:)

Love the Airhawk cushions! The trick is to deflate them right to the point where your butt is barely above the seat. Many people overinflate them and complain that it feels unstable like you're sitting on a balloon.

A good aftermarket seat is almost as good as an Airhawk. Everyone's butt is different, but personally, I find flatter, broader seats are more comfortable for me over long distances than softer, plush seats.

YMMV - literally.
Took me a long time to figure that out. I inflated it all the way and it feels completely disconnected from the bike…plus I’m 1-2” higher on the seat.

Once I deflate it to almost zero it’s much better….but still some disconnect from the bike. Floaty.

Once I deflate it to almost zero it’s much better….but still some disconnect from the bike. Floaty.
I did the same thing - deflated it to almost no air. It provided perfect cushioning for the highway, but like you said, I still felt disconnected from the bike in the corners.

I didn’t know this before, but apparently I like to feel the vibrations in the seat to give me more feedback on where I am in the powerband. Any type of cushion takes that feeling away from me and I’m much more sloppy with my gear selection and the timing of my shifting.

The stock seat on the FZ1 is much better than the one I had on the a VStrom though. On the Suzuki seat I could do about 45 minutes but on the Yamaha it’s closer to 3 hours.

Last edited:
For those of us who haven’t met in the flesh before...who is who and who is riding which bike?

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom