he's gonna stand strong on our First Amendment rights
he's gonna be strong on the Second Amendment too

Ford for President! :D

The star reported on this? No way!

must be Fake News then
they're lying about the Liberal lying
so there's no deficit now
that's how it works

It's about survival, if people aren't going to buy your newspaper because you're not telling the truth, then that's a wake up call. I think seeing Doug's supporters gave them a wake up call.

yes
they can be intimidating

[video=youtube;Qv6Pq5nNjN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv6Pq5nNjN4[/video]

The Star has had to make the same decision as most Liberal supporters -- do they follow Wynne-Liberals to the left of the NDP?

The don't seem to be doing that. The newsy stuff seems more balanced of late. In the past the Star blurred oped and news reporting by mixing too much opinion into news AND it was common for them to omit facts in what they reported.

CNN was much like this up until recently, they took a pounding when that style of reporting was branded 'fake news'. CNN straightened things, if you watch them now the representation in panels is more balanced and the reporting more balanced and they run lots of artsy adds reassuring viewers they are delivering all the facts. I think the Star took note and wisely made the corrections before they faced the credibility loss of being branded as 'fake news'.

The Star has had to make the same decision as most Liberal supporters -- do they follow Wynne-Liberals to the left of the NDP?

The don't seem to be doing that. The newsy stuff seems more balanced of late. In the past the Star blurred oped and news reporting by mixing too much opinion into news AND it was common for them to omit facts in what they reported.

CNN was much like this up until recently, they took a pounding when that style of reporting was branded 'fake news'. CNN straightened things, if you watch them now the representation in panels is more balanced and the reporting more balanced and they run lots of artsy adds reassuring viewers they are delivering all the facts. I think the Star took note and wisely made the corrections before they faced the credibility loss of being branded as 'fake news'.

I didn't stop watching CNN because of "fake news", I stopped because it was sensationalised news presented by idiots for the most part. The only good thing about it was Larry King but then he retired. I would happily pay to watch Wolf Blitzer get repeatedly punched in the nuts.

Saw this on someone's Facebook:
q12Ke82l.png

The liberal budget, considered by some to be a "hail mary pass" , may actually be engineered genus. There is little hope of pulling a Con vote thier way, but there is lots of room to swing some NDP votes. The NDP'ers may see their chances as slim, and lean to a really left looking Liberal party.
The NDP have been harping on much of which now appears in the Liberal budget for years, except now they feign horrors. Couple missteps from Dougy and Co. and this could get closer quickly.

The liberal budget, considered by some to be a "hail mary pass" , may actually be engineered genus. There is little hope of pulling a Con vote thier way, but there is lots of room to swing some NDP votes. The NDP'ers may see their chances as slim, and lean to a really left looking Liberal party.
The NDP have been harping on much of which now appears in the Liberal budget for years, except now they feign horrors. Couple missteps from Dougy and Co. and this could get closer quickly.
Wynne is chameleon, PCs know that. Not much Horvath can do but watch things burn.

One thing to remember is a lot of NDP votes are cast offs -- they are not votes for the NDP, just a safe place to toss a dissenting vote. For those old enough to remember, the PC and Liberal candidates were so distasteful in 1990 that the cast off dumpster caught fire!

Back
Top Bottom