Return of Ford Nation | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Return of Ford Nation

a lot of voters have no idea what they're even voting for anymore.

VKoGSJX.jpg

Charles Mc Vety is cosying up to Ford. That’s a big red flag for me as if we needed any more. Where’s the centrist option?

Now if Doug would just hire his brothers former driver/confidant/drugdealer to be his security detail we would have all the special folks in one place. Please Jesus why cant we get a middle ground guy?

Now if Doug would just hire his brothers former driver/confidant/drugdealer to be his security detail we would have all the special folks in one place. Please Jesus why cant we get a middle ground guy?
I think we have lost track of where the middle is. Liberals and PC used to be on the left and right side of center (in the middle), with Reform and NDP at the far right and left. Liberals have moved left of the NDP, I don't think PC's have changed.

If you think being fiscally responsible makes one a NeoCon -- you need to go back to Grade 8 to retake your basic course in civics.

We have not had anything close to a right-conservative government in Ontario. Mike Harris PC was about as conservative as it gets, by any poli-sci definition he would have been pretty close to center.

I think we have lost track of where the middle is. Liberals and PC used to be on the left and right side of center (in the middle), with Reform and NDP at the far right and left. Liberals have moved left of the NDP, I don't think PC's have changed.

If you think being fiscally responsible makes one a NeoCon -- you need to go back to Grade 8 to retake your basic course in civics.

We have not had anything close to a right-conservative government in Ontario. Mike Harris PC was about as conservative as it gets, by any poli-sci definition he would have been pretty close to center.

Federally the Conservatives have started to lean Social Conservative, since the merger. Their agenda has been more about spending on what they want to spend on, than about fiscal conservancy. Provincially we've seen the PCs start to move more toward the Federal Conservative model, when they aren't just plain tripping on their members.

You’d like to see Ford defund it as well?

Yeah.

In related news, a lot of people voting have no idea the difference between federal and provincial. Including, apparently, Doug Ford himself, who apparently think's he's running for Prime Minister.

And case in point, a lot of voters have no idea what they're even voting for anymore.

Who finally clued you in?

Federally the Conservatives have started to lean Social Conservative, since the merger. Their agenda has been more about spending on what they want to spend on, than about fiscal conservancy. Provincially we've seen the PCs start to move more toward the Federal Conservative model, when they aren't just plain tripping on their members.
I'm not sure Federals they are leaning social conservative, more like Neo Liberal -- social conservative would be heading toward Ralph Klien and Preston Manning.

Provincial PCs have never been very far right, they have been better than Liberls at managing the economy, govt cost and waste. They have from time to time had to do some hard cutting to pull the pendulum back, that shouldn't be confused with overly social conservatism.

I think we have lost track of where the middle is.

You're right. The PCs had a pretty centrist -- a real "progressive conservative" -- candidate in Christine Elliot but instead opted for the right-wing populism of Doug Ford. In centre-left Ontario, that was probably a strategic failure that may be compensated in some degree simply by the fact that he has a pulse and is not named "Wynne."

Last edited:
You're right. The PCs had a pretty centrist -- a real "progressive conservative" -- candidate in Christine Elliot but instead opted for the right-wing populism of Doug Ford. In centre-left Ontario, that was probably a strategic failure that may be compensated in some degree simply by the fact that he has a pulse and is not named "Wynne."

They've played the "not Wynne" game for several elections and dropped the ball. They need more than that and moving more to the right isn't the formula, as you imply in your post.

I probably won't bother voting as i cannot vote for Wynne and Ford isnt someone i can really support either. I would have voted pc if they had picked Elliot. Hopefully we get a liberal minority and Wynne and Ford resign.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think you missed the joke.

Sorry, you were the one who said something so casually ignorant.
Someone went along with it, perhaps so you wouldn't feel so badly about yourself.
When you found out the truth, you slammed the only person who supported you.

I don't really see a joke in that.

Sorry, you were the one who said something so casually ignorant.
Someone went along with it, perhaps so you wouldn't feel so badly about yourself.
When you found out the truth, you slammed the only person who supported you.

I don't really see a joke in that.

You really missed the joke. Chill out.

again with the Twittershit , why cant a sensible ( reaching here) handler for these duffuses that "need" to connect with the people explain, its instant and you cant take that stuff back.
Nobody can know all the laws and statutes or they would make those huge law libraries and keep all those books. So why on a hot potato like gun legislation say ANYTHING without checking.

I would'nt be surprised if he logs in here to post......

It's a parliamentary system, no seats=no government. Therefore because there are only 3 parties large enough to form a government, then it's a 3 party system. Orange is a non-contender. And then there were two. Red or blue, pick one or sit out.

Ford critic =/= Liberal supporter.

Binary thinking is a big problem within these discussions.

I work with several Conservative party members, they are Ford critics and not liberal supports.

But your second line is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom