Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 93 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Apparently one of the "inconsistencies" was that Sandra Bullock's character was supposed to be wearing a diaper when she got out of the space suit. LOL It's a solid movie and fairly realistic. It doesn't try too hard to be philosophical like Interstellar but everything it tries to do it does well.

To be honest, after watching both Gravity is the better movie.
**Spoiler alert **

The movie wasn't short. It's the standard length of a movie, 1.5 hrs. The story is new in my books. I don't think anyone has brought all the dangers astronauts faced in space. Like if you're propelled in one direction, you're not gonna stop unless something stops you. No air resistance, no gravity.

Which brings another inconsistency when they were running out of fuel. But anyway...

Love the final part where she tries to stand & couldn't because she was in space too long. When astronauts return to earth they have to acclimatise themselves to gravity.

I think you have to be a science geek to truly appreciate the movie. I'm glad this movie won alot of awards. An excellent movie in a long time

^^ Watching it in Imax was a good experience. Really puts it all together nicely.

Watched A Good Lie recently, about Sudanese refugees that make their way to the US. Good flick overall, very family movie feel to it, but performances were good and you really feel for the hardships that they went through, without being beaten over the head with it.

^^ Watching it in Imax was a good experience. Really puts it all together nicely.

it.

Sometimes it's hard to tell which movie is worth your time, let alone your $$

Every freakin' movie is inaccurate. It's whether it's good enough to forgive the errors. I think every action movie that has ppl trying to kill each other with guns, always decide to go with knives or fists when close enough....gotta be macho.

I don't go to the movies to see how accurate it is to real lifez... I try to get away horrible thing that is daily life by going to the movies. I want to be somewhere else when watching the movie not apply physics and common sense.

Predestination was excellent!

Seen it. Probably the only Canadian movie I've ever seen that was any good. Haven't seen the sequel (Hypercube) but it got mediocre reviews so never bothered looking it up.

EDIT: I dunno if I've already mentioned this but this is probably my favorite movie of all time (Triangle):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's not that well known but I LOVE it. Mind-**** done right.

Blue Ruin
Blue-Ruin-Poster-High-Resolution.jpg

I enjoyed it thoroughly. My type of movie. A good revenge plot with plenty of suspense.

Reminds me a bit of Shotgun Stories.

Every freakin' movie is inaccurate. It's whether it's good enough to forgive the errors. I think every action movie that has ppl trying to kill each other with guns, always decide to go with knives or fists when close enough....gotta be macho.

I enjoyed the gun sequences in John Wick. You see the characters reloading, running out of ammo, getting fatigued, getting hurt, etc. Better than most, but not perfect. I'm gonna watch that one again for sure.

I enjoyed the gun sequences in John Wick. You see the characters reloading, running out of ammo, getting fatigued, getting hurt, etc. Better than most, but not perfect. I'm gonna watch that one again for sure.

Yeah, John Wick was very realistic /sarcasm

Fun movie though with some funny one liners like the "table for 12" line :lmao:

Yeah, John Wick was very realistic /sarcasm

Fun movie though with some funny one liners like the "table for 12" line :lmao:

Haha I didn't say realistic but better than most action movies with unlimited ammo and invincible protagonists. I get what you mean. Still a fun movie.

My favourite line was the Russian boss's reply on the phone... "oh..." haha

Found these at the grocery store checkout this morn.I can finally throw out the old vhs copy of Morons from Outer Space.
PC240040_zps48e0d360.jpg

Predestination was excellent!

Agreed, completely surprised me. Based on the classic grandfather paradox. A bit of a bait & switch though, first half of the film was amazing then it totally switched gear and went into another direction. I'd say better than Looper if you're into mind-bending sci-fi.

The Equalizer - Don't expect too much and it'll amuse you. Basically it's a much lesser Man On Fire (which was great).

Last edited:
The Interview...

I actually liked it. Laughed out loud many times. If you liked "This Is the End" type movie you'll like this. I actually though it was better than "This Is the End"

Back
Top Bottom