Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 229 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I'm looking forward to Dune Part2 on IMAX. If anyone watched it first, post up.
Dune 2 was excellent, still liked the first one more but it's close.

The previews looked decent as well - new Mad Max based on Furiosa

and a not too distant future civil war in the US, missed the title tho.

Reactions: LBV
Civil War I think
Interesting timing with a divided US in heated election mode. :eek:
Reminds me of a movie that nobody saw called "Bushwick", starring Dave Bautista. It's better than the IMDB rating gives it credit for and not quite what the trailer portrays.

Dune 2 for sure worth going to see in iMax ....partner and I not sure which was the better flick ...1 or 2. :unsure:
Theatres here including IVX are running both 1 & 2 in alternate time slots so people can binge both.

Watched this on the weekend. I've never read the books or even seen the original. I've liked part 1 and 2 so far, though there are bits where the timeline moves and I felt like I blacked out or fell asleep and woke up in a later part of the movie 😆

Good for you, there are a lot of back stories, language use etc ...the conflict and to a degree the whole story is based on Afghanistan in the 70s..
Think Harkonnen = Soviets and the desert people the Afghans that were fighting the Soviets and being supported by the US.
This is a really good read BTW
ghostwars250.jpg

I find it deeply ironic that the Afghans to a large degree now are in control of their own destiny.....pity the women. :(
Apparently Herbert compared shrooms to spice....mebbe

Watched this on the weekend. I've never read the books or even seen the original. I've liked part 1 and 2 so far, though there are bits where the timeline moves and I felt like I blacked out or fell asleep and woke up in a later part of the movie 😆
Yeah DV has strong visuals but I think he is overrated, characters and story lack real development, and pacing just drags.
That is all I will say about DV Dune.

Saw Dune 2 as well Saturday in IMAX ... only seats available were near the bottom so we ended up in row 3 looking up and to the side a bit.

Honestly, although the scenery is epic, I was expecting more.

There'll be a Part 3 and I keep thinking back to the Lord of The Rings trilogy as a comparison and those movies moved me much more than Dune has ... character development or something ... I'm hardly an expert critic but LOTR's just did it for me more.

Saw Dune 2 as well Saturday in IMAX ... only seats available were near the bottom so we ended up in row 3 looking up and to the side a bit.

Honestly, although the scenery is epic, I was expecting more.

There'll be a Part 3 and I keep thinking back to the Lord of The Rings trilogy as a comparison and those movies moved me much more than Dune has ... character development or something ... I'm hardly an expert critic but LOTR's just did it for me more.

I think it has a lot to do with what you like, whether you gravitate towards out there fantasy or more technically plausible fiction. All of Herbert's work was dry and technically written, almost to the level of Heinlein. I've found that those that like one genre rarely like the other.

That's my only complaint. Sometimes the scene jump was a bit too in your face.

I'm hardly an expert critic but LOTR's just did it for me more.
you are not wrong ....Dune is a monster to swallow if you're not sci-fi geeks as we are ( I read the books in the 80s ). Personally I liked the earlier version
tho many did not.

LOTR is far more embedded in the culture and took 10 years to complete and totalled 6 movies and even then skipped stuff. ( Bombadil )

Dune needs more story time like The Expanse.

I found the last 1/3 of the movie compressed the story and very glad a Dune 3 is planned. Casting plus special effects carried this version but what was with the Shinkasen speeds..... :unsure: for the worms.

I don't consider Dune SciFi. Yeah it takes place in a distance world not our own. But there is nothing cerebral about the concept to push your thinking. It's a neat concept, desert planet, giant worms, limited water, and energy source that wants to be controlled by rich people... hmmmm. I think of it more as fantasy.

I don't consider Dune SciFi. Yeah it takes place in a distance world not our own. But there is nothing cerebral about the concept to push your thinking. It's a neat concept, desert planet, giant worms, limited water, and energy source that wants to be controlled by rich people... hmmmm. I think of it more as fantasy.
Two words: "White Saviour." Dances With Worms, before the other one was a thing.

As it goes on it gets rather political, especially in the second and third books. I can't speak about anything beyond that because book 3 was truly silly, to me.

Wild ....would be VERY controversial if it won Best Picture.
nominated for thirteen Critics' Choice Awards (including Best Picture), with Stone winning for Best Actress, eleven BAFTA Awards (including Best Film), winning for five awards, including Best Actress in a Leading Role for Stone, and eleven Academy Awards.
🍿 Dahli in film?

Movie binge time.
I like Millie Bobby Brown..
Movie binge time.
I like Millie Bobby Brown..
First I've seen theses critters in movie - we enjoyed the cave we saw them in
first I have seen these in a movie
Arachnocampa Luminosa

The scientific names for the glowworms which are found in both Australia and New Zealand are Arachnocampa Luminosa. These worms aren't actually a worm; they are actually the larvae of fungus gnats.
1709910669815.png

Movie was decent...Millie loves spectacle. (y)

Last edited:
Tried to watch Aquaman 2 last night.... tried. 25mins in I had to just turn it off. The script, acting, cgi and storyline were all absolute trash lol

Tried to watch Aquaman 2 last night.... tried. 25mins in I had to just turn it off. The script, acting, cgi and storyline were all absolute trash lol
I think I got just as far. Yup just trash.

Back
Top Bottom