Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 228 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

In the novel "Lucifer's Hammer" there's a scene in which hundreds of surfers line up to try and surf a tsunami, caused by a meteor impact. Only one makes it onto the wave and he ends up smacking into the side of an apartment tower.
I remember that was a great book, can’t remember what it was about but I couldn’t put it down. Getting old means you can read the same books again 😂

I remember that was a great book, can’t remember what it was about but I couldn’t put it down. Getting old means you can read the same books again 😂
Beginning of the book is much like the movie "Deep Impact." Comet discovered, hits Earth, massive loss of life and societal collapse. The difference is that in the story a California politician, who owns a ranch in the high country, starts preparing in survivalist style and collects the kind of people he needs. The rest of the book is about surviving afterwards. Really made me want to go out and buy the books "The Way Things Work."

I really wish that this book, along with "Footfall" and "Oath of Fealty" could be made into streaming series. There's more than enough in each of them to carry a series, for at least a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
now for an even more dangerous sport...American politics...:oops:
quite a cast.

Clooney in 2024 .....oh wait...:unsure:
Good flick and still very relevant.
(y)

Last edited:
Killers of the Flower Moon
Great as is expected of any Scorsese film, but an hour too long.

Watched The Iron Claw last night. Man, that family took a serious life beat-down. Almost too depressing.

good so far
good commentary
Learning a lot. Maybe watch Oppenheimer tomorrow

Last edited:
Wow what a nice scan for 4k given when it was produced.
So much irony on Pattons opening speech. Found the rating M for mild violence a bit of a laugh. Just adored the sound track ....those haunting trumpets.
On Disney+
Hard to beleive on a 50+ year old movie. The transfer from film is just superb.
Patton Blu-ray Review
seven Academy Awards

Patton won seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Original Screenplay. Although Scott won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role, he declined the award.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Dune Part2 on IMAX. If anyone watched it first, post up.

Dune 2 for sure worth going to see in iMax ....partner and I not sure which was the better flick ...1 or 2. :unsure:
Theatres here including IVX are running both 1 & 2 in alternate time slots so people can binge both.

Insanity in the great red center
Think I posted it before but hey - worth another watch on a very warm day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom