Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 231 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

could not resist - on Netflix
Never gets old
Sure deserved all the awards....brilliant film making...and true story makes it delicious.

How many Oscars did Ford v Ferrari win?

It was chosen by the National Board of Review as one of the ten best films of the year, and at the 92nd Academy Awards received four nominations, including Best Picture, and won Best Film Editing and Best Sound Editing.

Last edited:
Not sure where this fits - blast from the past ....catch the commercials too!!!
Could have gone but was not all that interested at the time .....who knew...

That weekend it was the second biggest city in New York State

Last edited:
One of my fav movies ...gave up waiting for the 4k UHD BluRay release.
Streep is luminous, the music wonderful and I really liked the book it is based on.

I really need to watch that as I like the music and the cast
I did watch the Directors Cut and I'm no further ahead than the reviewers :unsure:

Last edited:
Ah after emotionally wallowing in Out of Africa now The English Patient comes up on Netflix.
Just incredible cast.
and well deserved awards
The English Patient, British-American film, released in 1996, that won glowing reviews and nine Academy Awards, including that for best picture. It also won four BAFTA Awards, including best picture, as well as the Golden Globe Award for best drama.

I just adore Binoche....uncertain I have the emotional reserves to watch this one tonight.
Might just read my book.

Big fan, so biased, but enjoyed
Would have been better with subtitles for me, same as Das Boot. My brain doesn't process fast enough to catch the nuances. Good nevertheless.

Would have been better with subtitles for me, same as Das Boot. My brain doesn't process fast enough to catch the nuances. Good nevertheless.
Mine had subtitles, but were literal. Fi mi etc but I did find they helped.

Just watched Bushwick the way it should have been watched - without knowing a thing about it, and today rather than when it was first released. That's all I can say without ruining it.

I think the low IMDB rating is quite off. It's at least a 7.5 and well worth watching. I watched it when it first hit streaming.

This one is not going to be popular in jesusland
;)
Great film. I know the woman who plays the "dead wife." Trin was only originally supposed to appear in a few pictures around the set but when they tested her, they decided to put her in some flashback scenes.

Dune Part Two last night. A bit anticlimactic. Cinematography was great but it seemed fragmented and the story rushed.

Back
Top Bottom